Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

The Best Way To Force Yourself To Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Best Way To Force Yourself To Sleep (561 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Produces Face-Masks And Medical Kits (Photos) / Task Force Closes Bars, Clubs And Restaurants In Anambra Over Coronavirus / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Force Yourself To Sleep by BizLifeE: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
What are the best ways of falling asleep quickly?

I used to have this problem. As a teenager, I would stay up until 4 in the morning playing World of Warcraft, crawl into bed, and still not be able to fall asleep. It was terrible.

A bunch of doctors suggested medication and/or sleeping pills. I was never one for that sort of "answer," so I chose insomnia instead.

It wasn't until a few years ago that I started meditating, and I was finally able to fall asleep. Now, I lie down and am asleep within 30 seconds, and I don't wake up until my alarm goes off.

This is something that takes practice, but too many people mistake their busy thoughts as "themselves," and either accept insomnia or resort to sleeping pills—neither of which are very desirable, in my opinion. We all need sleep!

To meditate, simply sit in a comfortable, upright position (I usually sit on the floor with my back against a wall. Comfortable enough, but not so comfortable as a chair that I'll fall asleep). Close your eyes, place your hands on your knees (palms up if you want to feel more buddha, palms down if you're still that "this shit doesn't work" phase), and breathe deeply. You will hear your thoughts very loudly. Don't tell them to shut up—this will only make them louder. Instead, just listen. Breathe and listen. Stay there for at least five minutes. Shoot for ten. Fifteen and you get a gold star.

Do this every day for six months and let me know what happens. My guess: sleep.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-ways-of-falling-asleep-quickly

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: The Best Way To Force Yourself To Sleep by ituglobal(m): 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
There are many options... So many options.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Anyone Recommend Good Hospital For Fibroid Operation In Lagos / Doctors Withdraw Services At LAUTECH Hospital / Viral Hepatitis: The Silent Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.