Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,599 members, 7,958,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

Making Heaven Is Your Choice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Making Heaven Is Your Choice (283 Views)

Why Heaven Is No Longer My Target / Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? / Who Is Not Doubtful Of Making Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Heaven Is Your Choice by GodsMopol: 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Yea, I do not know if you have actually asked yourself this question like some friends asked me sometime ago. They said, Is it possible to make heaven in this world we are today? And I said, yes, because Daniel, Shedrack, Meshiak and Abednego all stood for God.

We can always stand for God no matter what, I was recently saying, the devil loves it when we sin today and we repent tomorrow, the secret is, he knows someday, you would quit trying, knowing that this thing is not working, then, you become a potential candidate of hell, but that's not why am here, apologies. But, we could learn Gods word, know His word and stop being arrogant.

Many Christians are arrogant in the sense that, they know that this is the way, but they prefer the churches their parent take them to. The truth is, you attend a church because that Church is feeding your spiritual life and giving you the necessary spiritual edification, but we live in a world where we keep going to a church and we like the church until we loose interest in God finally.

Many of us need to realise that, as long as people leave our church and they are still in Christ, we should be glad about that, see, if your church does not meet your spiritual hunger, I compel you to leave, okay, scriptural verses, do you know, two of the disciples of John the Baptist left John the Baptist to join Jesus's church and John the Baptist was never angry about that. John 1:35-43.

Now, changing church would not change anything except you have the desire to go all out for God, Matt 5:6 said, blessed are those who hunger and thirst, John 4:23 said, the Father seeketh for such to serve Him, so there is a prototype the Father desire not any fool
Re: Making Heaven Is Your Choice by menxer: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
sometimes when i read write-up like this i wonder why we are so preoccupied with the concept of "following God" or "seeking God" to the extent of losing sight and getting lost in the matrix, forgetting the axiom: "man know thyself."

our journey in life is one of self discovery and mastery, yet we are comfortable talking about the mastery of Jesus and do nothing about ours.
today everybody is expected to conform to church doctrines and practices yet forgets that the Jesus we claim to be followers of was not a conformist to the doctrines and teachings of his day.

yes, there is nothing wrong leaving ones church in the pursuit of self discovery, not just to assuage the church going ego.

if Jesus quoting Psalm 82 said, "Ye are gods," and in another place it is written "your body is the temple of god," what does that tell us?
Have we come to know the god that we are, living in this temple of flesh or still grovelling in a church building?

(1) (Reply)

Eid - Al Fitri Celebration, Is It A Sin For A Christian To Eat With Muslims ? / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Who Is Actually Robbing God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.