Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality (7842 Views)

Electric Vehicles: Top 10 Best Sellers In 2018 / Daimler To Buy ₦8.3 trillion Worth Of Batteries To Power Its Electric Vehicles / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:
Many countries are already putting in place long term strategic plans to completely reduce dependence on fossil fuels.

Already there are LNG trucks, LPG vehicles, electric vehicles in use, and this number will keep growing.

African nations with their visionless leaders are screwed I'm sorry to say. They never think long term, or even think at all sef.
Don't be sorry bro. That's just the plain fact.... And that innovation may likely come to fruition within the next 10 years.
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2017
it is still in its early stage...
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Zamzummim: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2017
When this comes on stream it will change life as we know it!
It will probably be one of the biggest scientific corner man has turned.....imagine the possibilities:
.....no need for electric wires if electricity can be transmitted wirelessly
...... engines designed to generate power from fossil fuels and any other source become obsolete
......electricity generation become king of the block!

add your possibilities....
awesome
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by victorazy(m): 9:06am On Jun 22, 2017
autojosh:
Electric vehicles are catching the attention of the whole world ,the crave is turning into an obsession.

But electric cars have two major problems ; range and recharging time ,hopefully a recent breakthrough could end this problems.

Stanford University researchers have worked out a way to transmit electric charges via a wireless medium to a nearby moving object. The team transmitted 1 milliwatt of charge – 10 million times less than what’s needed for operating an electric car -it’s small but a promising step to something bigger.

Here is what Shanhui Fan – a professor of electrical engineering and senior author of the study- had to say

“We still need to significantly increase the amount of electricity being transferred to charge electric cars, but we may not need to push the distance too much more”

The system is envisoned as a forerunner for a charge-as-you-drive mode.In theory ,this means you would not need to stop your car to charge it.

This technology is based on an existing experiment on wireless charging ,which was fired up by the folks at MIT (Massachusetts Institute Of Technology) in 2007. The original set up was based on magnetic resonances. The electric charge is transmitted using an oscillating magnetic field. This set up requires the charging circuits to be in alignment and requires adjustment, done manually .

To make it commercially viable ,since not everybody is tech oriented,Standford researchers added a feedback resistor and voltage amplifier to the system to make everything work automatically !.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nkOgiTxfEs

This is an awesome step into the future,because it wont only be useful in cars but mobile phones and so many other electronics.

What do you think ?

Let’s hear from you .

Kindly share too !

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/wireless-charging-electric-vehicles-soon-become-reality/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Is a simple technology na. You can do that with the principle of Transformer, the same stuff welders are using to weld, where elec current jumps from one coil to another but in short distance.
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by bhankymyk(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2017
nigeria electricity company b warmin up 2 BILL people very plenty, dem go dn even plot dia BILLING plans awaitin dz accomplishment. d BILLING process b lik...

Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2017
Luiz1:
I once thought of this concept while in the uni....but my Naija lab had no access to constant WIRED electricity - not to think of WIRELESS. Choii.... Oyinbo People Don Steal My Idea...

I swear av been thinking about hw to make dis also
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2017
emmyquan:

I swear av been thinking about hw to make dis also
But....4 Naija. Lol
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by uvalued(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2017
already existed before
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by mecussey(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2017
both magnetic resonance and high voltage vaccum transmission will cause hazard to the environment.
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Ultimategeneral: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Billyonaire:
The technology already existed naturally, our bodies are charged by the sun light daily by the Electronic Magnetic radiation of the sun. We just have to figure out how to lower energy consumption of devices to thresholds of 0.5 to 1 Amps and we wouldnt need wires anymore. At that range, we do not need multiples of power plants.
i will like to read more on that can u share me a link please
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by techmatas: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Billyonaire:
The technology already existed naturally, our bodies are charged by the sun light daily by the Electronic Magnetic radiation of the sun. We just have to figure out how to lower energy consumption of devices to thresholds of 0.5 to 1 Amps and we wouldnt need wires anymore. At that range, we do not need multiples of power plants.

yeah ur are rigth dear. its only very few savvy tech guys can really make sense out of your posits. The building block of matter is electromagnetic in nature. The entire universe is saturated with electromagnetic radiation of various frequencies but current technology is too primitive to exploit and concentrate this free energy to a useful level. Another angle involves reducing the power consumption of electrical devices as you pointed out. I think this is another area that need to be improved in electrical systems designs but more importantly battery technology need the more attention. imagine a battery system that can be charged within the mili and micro V/A level!
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by manikspears: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2017
fufuNegusi:
Those guys above, how una take reach there shocked shocked

By the way.. ..these people are busy moving forward
By the way.. ...and Nigeria is also busy moving backward

God will rescue us

is that lipstick on GEJ lips?
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by jaxxy(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2017
The white man thinks about the future and others, the society bt the black thinks of just the now and just himself. A very selfish being and dats why we are backward and underdeveloped even with all the money in the world
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Basfaq(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2017
I have been thinking of this for house use.we can develope this by not using wire to pass electricity from pole to house again.walahi this country dey dull me.Am full of ideals. undecided
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Bluebrain101: 11:39am On Jun 22, 2017
what's everyone saying China has already started using it !!!!
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Malawian(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
make person no charge my skull as i dey waka o.
Re: Wireless Charging In Electric Vehicles Could Soon Become A Reality by Johanx: 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
good one, am also using a bike I design hear In Nigeria, an electric bike that does not need charging it does charge it self. our oil will soon become useless, bcoz am also using this medium to see how I can build a power generating station without the uses of any applied fuel or wind nor water fall, just working.
an inventor I am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A List Of Good Driving Schools In Lekki / Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor / How To Check Whether Your Car Tires Are Expired Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.