Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Here’s The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Type "Amen" On A Facebook Post - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Here’s The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Type "Amen" On A Facebook Post (398 Views)

What's The Reason For The Increase In Alcohol Intake Among Youth Today? / Facebook Post Goes Viral For Comparing African And Oyinbo Suicide (screenshot) / Check Out This Hilarious Facebook Post With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here’s The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Type "Amen" On A Facebook Post by williamdeluxe(m): 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
What could be wrong with typing "Amen"? Nothing, I thought, until a friend warned me about the consequences of doing so.

If you are a regular Facebook user and someone who feels compassion for the suffering of others, you have surely noticed those publications that say things like “I know you won’t ’Like’ this photo because I’m sick“ or ” Type ’Amen’ to heal me.“
I was one of those people who felt bad when seeing the “Keep scrolling if you’re heartless” types of posts until a friend alerted me to the scam behind it.
© pixabay
There is no life that can be saved with a “Like“ or illness that can be cured by typing ”Amen": you’re doing this to show your support. But, despite your good intent, by doing that you’re very likely to be helping Facebook spammers make some easy money.
These types of manipulative posts are designed to trick or exploit people into liking, sharing, or commenting, which in turn results in the page accumulating followers. The creators of the page then spread malicious publicity, viruses, and scams . They also keep your data and know where you live, your date of birth, and your email, which could be used to hack your account.

(1) (Reply)

My Heroes And Villains Of The Year So Far / VIDEO: Trump Shares Meme Of Himself Tackling CNN / Breaking News: Etisalat Changes Name To "9mobile"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.