Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Check Out The Car I Saw Today! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Out The Car I Saw Today! (2808 Views)

Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon / I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
So I was heading home..minding my own business and praying that clunk-clunk sound I was hearing wasn't coming from my old girl, then out of nowhere this beauty shows up. I took a picture sharply!

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by DjAndroid: 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Mbada antique! Worth millions now.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
......but then one picture didn't do enough justice: so being the idiot I am with too much time to spare, I u- turned and took a couple more pics for posterity.

The make of the car is quite obvious already, but the model and most especially the year, I would leave to the vintage experts on this page.

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Apparently the driver run out of fuel and had dashed off to buy some

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Tellemall: 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
A beautiful ugly thing.

4 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
That's my old rusty ride...

I had to pick up the spare tyre at the vulcanizer. if u noticed it's missing from the passengers side

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
Has lots of resemblance with Sanusi's Rolls Royce Silver Wraith. Maybe it's the same model, but definitely not the same year.

I'll say 1950s. It's guess work, don't copy my book.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
ROLLS.... coolROLLS....

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by kiddoiLL(m): 12:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Waiting for d Nlander dat'll comman tell us how his/her ancestor used to drive dat car around with Nmadi Azikiwe at d back seat

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Chiino(m): 12:44am On Jun 22, 2017
after pimping this car now, phyno and patoranking will come and carry it and start sing "money dey call me o"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by lonelydora: 2:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Badass vintage car

3 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by diportivo: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2017
make dem just dash me this ride like dis

na to go chook Toyota 1gr-fe engine inside grin

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2017
PaperLace:
Has lots of resemblance with Sanusi's Rolls Royce Silver Wraith. Maybe it's the same model, but definitely not the same year.

I'll say 1950s. It's guess work, don't copy my book.

Most definitely a Silver Wraith. I did think it was a Phantom IV ( which looks awfully similar) but it fits the Silver Wraith name perfectly. I think the smaller headlights will put it circa 1958 ish?

I bet it belongs to Royalty because of the shealthed flag and the unique (not customized) number plate, which I've blotted out. I'm in Kumasi, Ghana so it's mostly likely part of the fleet of the Asantehene.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 11:47am On Jun 22, 2017
DjAndroid:
Mbada antique! Worth millions now.

I did some checking and the average price they fetch today is 20million naira....a bit lower than I expected

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
billy187:

Most definitely a Silver Wraith. I did think it was a Phantom IV ( which looks awfully similar) but it fits the Silver Wraith name perfectly. I think the smaller headlights will put it circa 1958 ish?

I bet it belongs to Royalty because of the shealthed flag and the unique (not customized) number plate, which I've blotted out. I'm in Kumasi, Ghana so it's mostly likely part of the fleet of the Asantehene.
They truly look awfully similar, I really don't know anything about them to pick out the difference in both. The Phantom IV looks bigger or should I say, more luxurious.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4867991_emirofkanolamidosanusibellanaijathisdaystyle007_jpeg4c75c169af17c96822989ea380b1b8cd

This is the Emir's Silver Wraith. The lights are different, reports say they are custom made. It was designed in 1952. The back tyre of his is covered, the one you sighted is very visible, the window partition (3) is also more (probably a modification), so _ you might be right with the 1958 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by ricki: 1:30am On Jun 23, 2017
You are driving a ford focus grin

i have one too. nice car .....very very nice car

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2017
ricki:
You are driving a ford focus grin

i have one too. nice car .....very very nice car

That's quite observant of you! I've had her since 2012 and have no plans of selling her anytime soon. Very fun, reliable and cheap transportation- the only thing I detest is the compact engine bay; working in it always results in horrible bruises! grin

I really like the colour of yours too! What engine have you got in there?
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by ricki: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
billy187:

That's quite observant of you! I've had her since 2012 and have no plans of selling her anytime soon. Very fun, reliable and cheap transportation- the only thing I detest is the compact engine bay; working in it always results in horrible bruises! grin

I really like the colour of yours too! What engine have you got in there?

I am so happy to see a comrade of similar interest. I have 1.6 zetec se engine. I have had mine for close to 5yrs now. love it to bits.

fuel millage is very very insulting and sweet to the extent ppl keep asking me

" se u no go buy fuel ni?" and "are u sure ur fuel gauge dey work properly sha" grin grin grin

And all dat time i had it same tyre still running. I bought some parts to mode it will be very interesting..

i want to change cabin air filter & seal soon next to de windscreen - lets keep this alive and discuss on this lovely car.
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by cyborg123(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
Denn is typing...
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Denn(m): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
cyborg123:
Denn is typing...

Thanks for bringing my notice to this.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
billy187, out of curiosity how is this old 1950's beautifully crafted vehicle still up and running, how is it serviced and how are the parts gotten if any of the parts go kaput? cc:Denn,GAZZUZZ,
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 3:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
ricki:

I am so happy to see a comrade of similar interest. I have 1.6 zetec se engine. I have had mine for close to 5yrs now. love it to bits.

fuel millage is very very insulting and sweet to the extent ppl keep asking me

" se u no go buy fuel ni?" and "are u sure ur fuel gauge dey work properly sha" grin grin grin

And all dat time i had it same tyre still running. I bought some parts to mode it will be very interesting..

i want to change cabin air filter & seal soon next to de windscreen - lets keep this alive and discuss on this lovely car.

We definitely should! I do have the 2.0 zetec but then I always smile to the bank as fuel economy is awesome. Like cheaper-than-taking-a-bus-awesome! grin Or maybe it's because it's predecessor had a 5.7 litre v8 grin
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
dumo1:
billy187, out of curiosity how is this old 1950's beautifully crafted vehicle still up and running, how is it serviced and how are the parts gotten if any of the parts go kaput? cc:Denn,GAZZUZZ,

I've wondered myself but then I won't be surprised the owner might have that one veteran mechanic that knows the car like the back of his hand. Parts, I bet would be ordered or fabricated overseas. All this would be at ridculous expense of course.

But then we are probably talking about someone who has managed to own a Rolls Royce for longer than Nigeria has existed, so I bet costs ain't a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
billy187:

I've wondered myself but then I won't be surprised the owner might have that one veteran mechanic that knows the car like the back of his hand. Parts, I bet would be ordered or fabricated overseas. All this would be at ridculous expense of course.

But then we are probably talking about someone who has managed to own a Rolls Royce for longer than Nigeria has existed, so I bet costs ain't a problem.
True bro. Thanks for your humble reply it gives me great pleasure seeing vintage vehicles like these.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by fortunejum: 10:59am On Jun 25, 2017
billy187:
Apparently the driver run out of fuel and had dashed off to buy some
No it has an electrical fault, so the owner decided to leave it on the road.
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
fortunejum:

No it has an electrical fault, so the owner decided to leave it on the road.

I'm quite sure it was a lack or fuel..I saw the owner show up later with 2 gallons of fuel.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
billy187:

I'm quite sure it was a lack or fuel..I saw the owner show up later with 2 gallons of fuel.
You dey mind that one, let him be taking like say na him get the vehicle or as if he's the driver of the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by RRBAfrica: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Great photos billy187, this is a 1953 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith, has been in Ghana from new.

Would it be possible to get original size photos for my archive please - I am researching Rolls-Royce and Bentley owned in Africa.

Thanks Wayne.
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by idu1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Chiino:
after pimping this car now, phyno and patoranking will come and carry it and start sing "money dey call me o"
I no fit laff abeg
Re: Check Out The Car I Saw Today! by billy187(m): 1:20am On Aug 08, 2017
RRBAfrica:
Great photos billy187, this is a 1953 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith, has been in Ghana from new.

Would it be possible to get original size photos for my archive please - I am researching Rolls-Royce and Bentley owned in Africa.

Thanks Wayne.

Sure thing..I'll send them to you as soon as I figure out Nairaland's cryptic method of sending emails.

(1) (Reply)

Clunking Sound From Front Legs Of My Car / Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola / Cars For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.