Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

why I hate school so much - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / why I hate school so much (1172 Views)

Share Your 2017 JAMB Score, Course And School So We Can Guide You Here / They Won't Teach You Most Of This In School, So Upgrade Your ICT Knowledge / Dilemma: I Just Graduated With A 3.41 Cgpa From School. So Painful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 22, 2017
This thread is not meant to depress nor dissuade you from going to school. The main purpose is mainly to bring enlightenment cause many are lost in this system called school. They built their life around it that they got stranded upon graduation.

I'm going to, in detail bring to surface reasons why school isn't something that you should die for, nor waste your life in. I can't but shake my head whenever I read about a depressed school kid committing suicide. School doesn't worth that. school is something that should serve as a ground to educate, not a ground to get a job.

I think it's time to begin.. let's go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 22, 2017
Years ago when you were but a little kid, you were told that going to school will make you rich in life. You were told to go to school, for your own good. You were brainwashed into thinking that school will automatically land you into safe haven. You are not alone, I was brainwashed too.

I can still perceive the bookish library scent.. I could recall vividly other teachers commending my eagerness to read any book that surface. I was the teachers boy.. My little brain told me to keep up with it. My going to school, I will be able to buy my mum a car.. I will be able to build a mansion and get all the cars in the world.

1 Share

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 22, 2017
Primary school was easy and fun. That was were I spent 9 years of my life. I was learning basic arithmetic and how to coin simple Englush words. But that doesn't discard the fact that I was forced to learn. That doesn't change the fact that I was brutally punished whenever I fail a grade, or fail to pay my school fees in time.

I'm wrong and the teacher is always right. I wasn't given the chance to exercise my independent mind, they were scripting me like a robot. I was never allowed to find a solution using a slightly different method. We were forced to gulp down whatever we read. Disagree and you'll be dealt with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 22, 2017
Secondary school was worst. This system called school keep getting tougher as I climb. In JSS 1, I did over 15 subjects. What will I be using them for? Why would someone have to read about the basic of all courses beforen his life path is set? No wonder we find it hard deciding on which course to study in college. Being good at lots of things makes a man more confused whenever it comes to choosing a life path.

Somehow, I scaled through, hoping to become rich in the nearest future after graduation. My hopes were so high and the future ahead, so bright. But scales were failing off gradually, I was somehow seeing a tint of the future

It was time to take jamb, my hopes were up like many others in my class. Nationwide, about 800,000 students registered with N4000. Most of my class mates who considered themselves dumb dropped out. They saw we the brilliant ones as people who owns the future. But they were wrong, they were the one who owned it cause they faced it before us. We were just hiding behind school walls, wasting years of our life while they were passing every life blockades that leads to success.

My first jamb result was amazing, but jamb thought otherwise so I had to sit again the next year. Perhaps they needed my money again.

Next year, I passed jamb and was admitted. By this time, my eyes were already opened to the make ups of the world. I wasn't very excited like every other dude who got admission that year. Choosing a course was hell, none of them really look future bright. I dived into entrepreneurial studies despite it been looked down upon. People usually refer to it as a department of bead making..
Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 22, 2017
I didn't waste my time going to night class. Going to school was like wasting time. For Christ sake, the future I have been waiting for is 4 years away and I seem so unprepared. Many were having fun, but I was dwelling in depression. I need to start making hedges while the sun shine. Nigeria is already a discombobulated nation, so I wasn't really dreaming of carrying files after graduation. I need to start preparing toward being self reliant.

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 22, 2017
This system called school made few people that I knew to commit suicide. Getting an F on a grade you so much have confidence in can be shattering. Lectures will always expect to be blessed, or you'll never graduated. Knew of a female friend that slept with a lecture just to pass a course. I once got an F, but it is no big deal. They can give me 9 F if they want. I won't be needing the cert by the way. But it pained my heart, seeing people build their lives around school. I wonder when their own scales will fall off. You see them at night, reading with their lamps and books. How I wish I can just tap them awake to reality.

Like a blink of an eye, it was graduation day. I was so happy. Finally I'm free. I was particularly happy cause now, I can now face my business without any school distraction. I couldn't drop out, it was beyond me. The expectations from families and friends were consuming. 'Go to school, get a job and get married. ' They thought it's so simple. They thought that education was as it was in the 90s.

While In school, I was able to build a business that made be capable of paying my own school fees. While other dudes were still requesting for cash for a haircut from their parents. My close friends were in same path with me, they knew the journey I embarked on was to freedom, they joined. That's why friends somehow determines your success in life.

Two years passed, I began to see few of my course mates, looking worst than their worst. Others I knew who were in the department of engineering, biochemistry, microbiology and more of these lame courses were looking like dead skeletons. Few were doing fine anyway, those whose
parents were already better off. The dudes who where from poor homes where already into petty small businesses after job haunting for months. A friend who's somehow closer to me was already a primary school teacher. I could remember him telling me that he will be working in his uncles company after graduation. I wonder what happen.

Online, I was seeing most of my contemporaries on news headlines, carrying placard for jobs.

Why would someone waste 18 years in school just to be reduced to a placard carrier? Those of my friends who dropped out were far ahead, even to I.

Their business was already booming and they even have workers who takes care of daily operations. They were already answering OGA while I was still struggling to stand firm Somehow deep inside, I was happy cause I discovered my path right in time before graduation.

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 22, 2017
I think the time wasted in school is ridiculously huge. The finance wasted it's even making me angry here. Imagine what I could do now with such enormous finance used in paying tuition fees and buying a lame textbooks. . School isn't a path to a job, it's a path to education. Sometimes I wonder if it really educate. It's purpose is lost. It's more like a business venture that milks the masses dry..

I discovered it late. I wish I did during my secondary school...

People have wasted more years and finance only to end up in one skill or the other. What then was the need of school?

If I had discovered that school was such a sabotage, I would have invested the time and finance into establishing a mega venture. Imagine the height I would have claimed to after 4 years..

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 22, 2017
School has destroyed lives here in Nigeria. You don't know-how mad I get when people lay so much emphasis In going to school. Get the full picture now that school isn't getting you a job. . Know your motives of going to school to avoid joining the enormous queue at the labour market. It isn't funny.

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 22, 2017
He who have ear, let him hear the voice of the prophet in the wilderness. There's no job waiting for you. If at all you succeed in getting a monthly job of 100k, isnt it rubbish? Wasted millions of money just to get a 100k salary per month.

Some are earning peanuts and yet, work like a jackie. From slavery that comes with school, to slavery that comes with a job.

Whoever that designed this system needs to be flogged.

2 Likes

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Lemme drop my pen.

1 Like

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Make I book space.
lalasticlala
Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 22, 2017
HenryDion:
Make I book space.
lalasticlala
Lol
Re: why I hate school so much by Mayydayy(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2017
The truth is bitter than the kola.

1 Like

Re: why I hate school so much by Aminu212: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2017
EntMirror:
He who have ear, let him hear the voice of the prophet in the wilderness. There's no job waiting for you. If at all you succeed in getting a monthly job of 100k, isnt it rubbish? Wasted millions of money just to get a 100k salary per month.

Some are earning peanuts and yet, work like a jackie. From slavery that comes with school, to slavery that comes with a job.

Whoever that designed this system needs to be flogged.
let them be punished
Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Aminu212:
let them be punished
May they never find rest..

1 Like

Re: why I hate school so much by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
EntMirror:

Lol
grin.
Re: why I hate school so much by dunmorris(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Loyola Jesuit Entrance Secrets- Get Expert Tutors From City Tutors NG / Oau Project Topics And Research Materials | Instant Download / Best 10 Recommended Secondary Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.