Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me (42304 Views)

Ireti Doyle Welcomes Her First Grandchild From Daughter, Abimbola Kachi Ozofor / Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial / Omotola, Ireti Doyle & Tiwa Savage At Banky W, Adesua Etomi Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by edunwablog: 6:16am On Jun 22, 2017
Nollywood actress, Iretiola Doyle recently opened up on little known facts about her childhood.
According to the actress, her family members, including her mother, were harsh on her when she got pregnant at the age of 17.

Speaking recently at Harvesters International Christian Centre in Lagos, she said:

'You have to surround yourself with people who love and support you. I was blessed to have people around me; unfortunately these people are not family members. My mother didn’t take it lightly with me. I wouldn’t have handled it the way she did because I belong to a different generation. I was nurtured by people I met and they constantly reminded me that my life didn’t end with that bad situation.”

She continued to say:

'I felt I still remained who I was. I came from a very good home, not by wealth but value. Education was not negotiable in my family. I didn’t want that one mistake to define who I was. But it was quite difficult for me because it was the talk of the town for quite a number of years'.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/my-mum-was-too-harsh-on-me-when-i-got.html

Photos: Ireti Doyle & daughter as her daughter weds

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:19am On Jun 22, 2017
Its normal for mummy to get angry with a pregnant teenager...................,............ Only this part of the world............

Only the pregnant ones are criticized, other teenagers having sex are safe as long as they don't get pregnant
grin grin grin grin grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 6:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Our communities have zero tolerance for wrong doing. They always forget that teenagers are the most exposed in the area of growing up.

The morals and values our parent imbibed in us during the period of growing up are very key in defining our lives. However, there are few times that we lose those morals due to the kind of company we keep.

I think Africans need to learn from the Whites the way they attack situation and not the victim. If a teenager gets pregnant, it will be very difficult for such girl to actualize her dreams because the community/parents would stigmatized her.

Thank God for the likes of Ireti, Genevieve... Against all odds, they still made it.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Kondomatic(m): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Our communities have zero tolerance for wrong doing. They always forget that teenagers are the most exposed in the area of growing up.

The morals and values our parent imbibed in us during the period of growing up are very key in defining our lives. However, there are few times that we lose those morals due to the kind of company we keep.

I think Africans need to learn from the Whites the way they attack situation and not the victim. If a teenager gets pregnant, it will be very difficult for such gal to actualize her dreams because the community/parents would stigmatized her.

Thank God for the likes of Ireti, Genevieve... Against all odds, they still made it.

Why should Africans learn from the whites?

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 7:28am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
Why should Africans learn from the whites?

Did you read my post?

I just mentioned that we need to learn how to attack situations rather than the victims.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Ehiscotch(m): 7:34am On Jun 22, 2017
If nah my mumsi ehn. Beating wey you for collect for abort the pikin. grin . Love you mum to the moon & back.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Kondomatic(m): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Did you read my post?

I just mentioned that we need to learn how to attack situations rather than the victims.
From the whites?

19 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Ehiscotch(m): 7:38am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Did you read my post?

It is easier said than done.
Teenage pregnancy is very difficult for parents to handle even in Western countries.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Vision4God: 7:47am On Jun 22, 2017
It's because of her love for u.
Mummies are wonderful

4 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Ehiscotch(m): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Did you read my post?

There is a high proliferation of abortion abroad. Abortions, that is how they handle it.
Or they simply put up the child for adoption.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 7:50am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:

It is easier said than done.
Teenage pregnancy is very difficult for parents to handle even in Western countries.

I quite agree with you. But do we now kill the girl's dreams by stigmatizing or help her get out of the situation and become who she really wants to be?

10 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:
There is a high proliferation of abortion abroad. Abortions, that is how they handle it.
Or they simply put up the child for adoption.

I don't agree with you. Except you have some verifiable examples to buttress your point.

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Ehiscotch(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I don't agree with you. Except you have some verifiable examples to buttress your point.
Clinton even promised to legalize it. Who do you think practice such an evil act?
Mostly teenagers who got pregnant & still feel having a child would kill their dreams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Ehiscotch(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Clinton even promised to legalize it. Who do you think practice such an evil act?
Mostly teenagers who got pregnant & still feel having a child would kill their dreams etc.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 8:05am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Mostly teenagers who got pregnant & still feel having a child would kill their dreams etc.

A lot of teenagers commit abortion in the West and here in Africa. That's why I mentioned the morals and value imbibed in us when growing up.

But then, our point of focus are the ones who allow the pregnancy to stand. How do the parents help in getting her out of the mess she created and not creating more problems by victimizing such girl?

9 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by odsophi82(f): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2017
she did that for a reason, you of all people should understand..

4 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Erotex(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2017
And u think she should pet u?
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by obo389(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Very good and talented actress I tell ya wink

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
This woman don dey collect blokus since 17?? grin
threedaful!!!
Now they'll say "during our own time"
I want to sell my Samsung S4 biko
Location is abk, IB or Lag

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Omeffa(f): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Super crazy
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Josh44s(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
So this correct woman na Ashawo when she was a teenager! Wonderful. Ngenechukwu and Sarki y'all modafuckas still have hope to change y'all religious bigotry. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by sergiolefty(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
what do you expect!! that's naija mother for you....but wait when you dey enjoy am u no no, u con dey complain now

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Philinho(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
You've gotten your own ,if you like let her give birth at 16 and see how you'll feel.

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Gwan2(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Why she no go dey harsh on you....How she wan carry eye dey look her 17yrs daughter wey maybe 9 inch don already enter her....
Anyway, my plea is for sugar daddy's and young boys wey no dey fear God, u go carry 15 or 16 yr old gal wet neva write jamb dey form relationship sake of say u wan dey kpansh steady......May ur daughters be also defiled at dat same age or lesser. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by BIGTinfotech: 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Smart and intelligent Actress.

Her Dance steps to Ada by Flavour in The Wedding Party was epic though.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by holysainbj(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
Its normal for mummy to get angry with a pregnant teenager...................,............ Only this part of the world. grin grin grin grin grin
oh they should clap for you? smh for you

4 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Husty(m): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
I gave a bleep at 15, and I was castrated by my mom. Now I can't give a bleep for the rest of my life. Even if the post requires me to fry something, I still won't give a fried fvck.

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Pvin: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
b4 nko
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by NwaAmaikpe: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
shocked

Ireti Doyle don't mind your useless mom.

She didn't bring you up properly yet she still was jealous that you had started eating what she was eating.

I'm sure its genetic... Your daughters and granddaughters will break your record.

Wayward woman undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Empress Njamah Poses With Her Range Rover With Customized Plates / Uche Ogbodo Celebrates 2 Years Of Celibacy (Photo) / Cossy Ojiakor Shows Her Catfish Tattoo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.