Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

How To Set Your Engine Timing Chain And Balance Shaft Repairs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Set Your Engine Timing Chain And Balance Shaft Repairs (927 Views)

5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car / ......20w50 Oil Does More Harm To Your Engine if it is not needed ... / 2010 Landrover LR4 Timing Chain Issue, Diagnosis And Repair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Set Your Engine Timing Chain And Balance Shaft Repairs by fraspree(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
A client of mine came complaining to me of how he bought a brand new Mercedes Benz engine 273 for his car. He transferred money to the engine dealer and had it shipped to him from Lagos to Abuja. By the time the new engine was finally coupled into his Mercedes Benz the car couldn't start. He invited all the road side mechanics he thought were geniuses in fixing engines but none of them seemed to figure out why the engine won't work. Some of the mechanics suggested the new engine was faulty because it was easy for these quacks to blame the engine than themselves.

As my client couldn't take anymore of the humiliation and the over expenses this new engine is causing him he decides to call the dealer in Lagos and ask why the engine won't work. When the engine dealer finally answered his call after 2 days of trying to reach him, he gave a real bad attitude to my client and my client ended up not getting a satifying answer. Days to weeks and my client is getting impatient he made up his mind to go to Lagos and meet the dealer in person.

He meets dealer in Lagos and Mr dealer gave him a phone number of an auto engineer who finally set the engine timing and the car started. The process of fixing the engine didn't take up to an hour and he was charged the sum of forty thousand naira (N40,000).

Obviously these engine dealers can reset the engine timing, when they sell you the engine and you couple it in your vehicle the engine will not start until the timing is set. Most road sides have not upgraded past their old engine mechanics that is why many of them don't have the understanding of how the new generation cars seem to work. Some auto engineers have seem to be taking over from the road side street mechanics.

See TIMING CHAINS and BALANCE SHAFT REPAIRS click link =>

http://autovillian..com.ng/2017/06/how-to-set-your-engine-timing-chain-and.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Honda Airbag Racall / Most Beautiful Ferraris Ever Made Will Pop Up All Over New York From Oct 6-9.pic / 10 Most Used Cars In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.