Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January (1366 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Encounter?

Wolves: 0% (0 votes)
Liverpool: 81% (9 votes)
Draw: 18% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Wolves Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 22nd April 2012 / Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 / Wolves Vs Manchester United (0 - 5) On March 18th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by mukina2: 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
Even though Wolves had recovered from their poor start and  managed to escape the relegation zone with a series of very good performances,their latest downtrend in form which started with the defeat at Anfield saw them return to the danger zone. The players are in poor spirits following three straight league defeats and an unconvincing showing against Crystal Palace in the FA Cup, and they are in for a difficult task in this match. Nonetheless, the hosts have got to try and win this game or risk slipping into the relegation zone. Mick McCarthy’s side have enough attacking potential to hurt  Liverpool. Who are also unsettled.Andy Keogh has resumed light training following an ankle injury but he is not expected to be back before the end of February, while David Edwards and Michael Kightly are doing much better than expected and they could be back as early as next week. Mick McCarthy has rested most of the first team regulars in the FA Cup game against Crystal Palace, thus Hahneman, Craddock, Milijas and the others will return to the starting line-up.

Liverpool’s victory over Spuds which was achieved without both Gerrard and Torres certainly served as a big boost for the players’ confidence before the decisive Premier League battles and it also kept the Reds in the race for the top 4 place. The situation is now much better since Steven Gerrard is penciled for a return into action against Wolves and should help his side record a much needed win. The Reds haven’t been very convincing on the travels this season but they are likely to profit from Wolves’ attacking approach as the hosts will leave a lot of space behind.The return of Steven Gerrard will serve as a massive boost for the Reds and we all know how important the captain is to this team. Fernando Torres is, however, still sidelined, as are Danny Agger, Yossi Benayoun, Glen Johnson and Nabil El Zhar, but Rafa Benitez will still have plenty of options for this game.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by tayoccu(m): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
i see loserpool going back to their old ways.
looks into crystal ball and proclaims the match to be a draw grin
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by pope732901(m): 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2010
Tues January 26

Molineux
Kick-off: 19.45 GMT;
TV: Motd highlights

Good stat: 27- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 27 games against promoted clubs.

Bad Stat: 310 -Wolves have not scored in their last 310 minutes of League action.

Probable teams

Wolves: Hahnemann, Foley, Craddock, Mancienne, Ward, Henry, Milijas, Jarvis, Jones, Vokes, Doyle
Injuries: Edwards, Keogh, Kightly (ankle), Maierhofer (hernia), Murray (knee)
Liverpool: Liverpool: Reina, Insua, Skrtel, Carragher, Degen, Mascherano, Aquilani, Lucas, Riera, Gerrard
Injuries: Benayoun (rib), El Zhar, Kelly (ankle), Johnson, Torres (knee)
Referee: Peter Walton Matches: 19 Y42 R3

What they are saying

Mick McCarthy: When Liverpool have no [Steven] Gerrard and [Fernando] Torres they play exactly the same way but not quite as well. But I watched them against Spurs last week and they performed very well.

The team they put out that night was very solid and Dirk Kuyt, who got their two goals, was outstanding. To suggest that when Gerrard and Torres don’t play means they are any less than a top-four team would be barmy.

Rafael Benítez: When you don’t have two important players like Gerrard and Torres, everyone has to stick together and work hard.

The players have taken responsibility. Wolves work very hard and have a good mentality as a team, so I think it will be a tough game for us. But we have the challenge that we can be in the top four if we beat them.

We had problems with injuries, late goals and beach balls. If you put everything together it could have made a big difference.

Verdict: The possible return of Steven Gerrard will be a boost for Rafael Benítez, while Mick McCarthy is struggling to decide on his best side. Liverpool have the momentum after beating top-four contenders Spurs last week.

Score: 0-2
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by illusion2: 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
We'll win this game & climb back into the Top 4 -where we belong. , .and regain some lost respect on NL. . . Insha Allah ! grin
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2010
Muki, thanks for acknowledging us on this match day. Cristalz was never going to do it; her reason being insufficient posts on Liverpool-synonymous threads.

tayoccu:

i see loserpool going back to their old ways.

Even with six out of our staring 11 out injured (Gerrard, Torres, Riera, Johnson, Benayoun & Agger) we still did tottenham harm, which is what everyone fails to see at the moment.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by matthew80(m): 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2010
@poster
Thanks for your effort.
A true blues fan talking, When the season started, fans around the world tipped the new top four in England, I was surprised whenever I hear people saying this without mentioning Liverpool, but instead, clubs like Spurs, Man City, Aston Villa etc, though, they started in a very bad form and are continuing badly for sometimes, but believe, they are going to finish at top four, why? They have the potential and the Utilities. Come what may (even in the absence of players like
arkinses:

(Gerrard, Torres, Riera, Johnson, Benayoun & Agger)
Liverpool will beat Wolves Black and Blue.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by koolchicco: 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
Liver-pull will pull dis one through. Maybe! undecided
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
Lets see how many post relating to this game would be on at the end of the match.

Cristal has seen it herself that Liverpool is not worth opening a thread for.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by Ossaifamous(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2010
I just hope that the boys get it right today and avoid the stoke's incident cuz clubs like wolves can be very tricky to beat and wonder why only maxi rodriguez is the only mid season purchase so far.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by newmusic: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
Liverpool Wins!!!
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by bgees(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ Ossai famous & arkinses ,

well done guys, but u should post more often on the liverpool fan thread. that thread is dying.

@ topic,

I agree with Ossai famous, Wolves could be tricky. they are having a bad run, but we have not been too good either . so i expect them to try to improve on us. Torress not playing is  also a major concern. Torress would surely score against Wolves if he played. Strikers like Kuyt may miss 3 sitters before scoring.And  with N'gog, u will never know what he will do. I'm hoping to see Maxi too. Riera should start too, he had an execellent game vs Spurs.

If the wingers can do their job extensively,we'll have a good chance of winning.

WALK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by debosky(m): 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
another draw while Tottenham wins. . . .4th place is increasingly distant for Liverpool.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by aieromon(m): 6:19am On Jan 27, 2010
I think its time the management relinquish Rafa of his duties.
Its very clear that this season's troubles are as a result of pushin' the team to the brink of success before losin' out to United.
You then sell Alonso,wtf are you nuts?Lucas+Mascherano can't replace Alonso.Then,there's the Torres-Gerrard factor.The team should either do away with Rafa or make Rafa go back to the drawing board.talk about a coach who will leave out Babel when he knows he has no better alternative.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by micpet(m): 7:12am On Jan 27, 2010
we never wrk alone. grin cheesy smiley wink[b][/b]
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by illusion2: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Lets see how many post relating to this game would be on at the end of the match.

Cristal has seen it herself that Liverpool is not worth opening a thread for.
No comment. . . . .

Sad draw,inconsistency seems to be the name of the game with Rafa nowadays. , . . .sad,sad sad sad
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by oluasaala: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2010
ynwa 4 life . . . no matter what happens.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by tayoccu(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2010
arkinses:

Muki, thanks for acknowledging us on this match day. Cristalz was never going to do it; her reason being insufficient posts on Liverpool-synonymous threads.

criz is right, and this thread proves her right, loserpool match day threads hardly go beyond the 1st page.

arkinses:

right back @ ya! grin

micpet:

we never wrk alone. grin cheesy smiley wink[/b]

that was back in em days, now
[b]You Nervously Walk Alone
lol cheesy

debosky:

another draw while Tottenham wins. . . .4th place is increasingly distant for Liverpool.

typical of loserpool
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by illusion2: 7:22am On Jan 28, 2010
tayoccu:

criz is right, and this thread proves her right, loserpool match day threads hardly go beyond the 1st page.
whats has number of posts got to do with it. The unwritten rule is for threads to be pened for TOP 4 teams,lets stick to this please.

Its not our fault Nigerians aren't exactly long term club supporters ? undecided

[center][size=28pt]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
[/size] [/center]
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by dayokanu(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2010
whats has number of posts got to do with it. The unwritten rule is for threads to be pened for TOP 4 teams,lets stick to this please.

Unwritten rule for what? If any liverpudian wants a thread they can write it but it shouldnt get stickied.

Barcelona and Madrid game threads dont get stickied why Liverpool
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by tayoccu(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2010
gbam
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by bgees(m): 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ dayokanu,

u have been all of the place about this, like your life depends on it. If I may ask, how does Liverpool threads on NL affect your life?

na ur papa get Nairaland?
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by ritchboy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
^^ dayokanu is just mad Bayern arent even CONSIDERED to be ELEGIBLE for NOMINATION for sticky match threads in the mods' wildest dreams grin grin
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by illusion2: 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Unwritten rule for what? If any liverpudian wants a thread they can write it but it shouldnt get stickied.

Barcelona and Madrid game threads dont get stickied why Liverpool
Very simple- because Arsenal,Chelsea & MANURE match threads get 'stickied'(whatever that means) tongue
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by walexco29(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
To All My Liverpool Fans. I never knew you guys are here. I thought i was the only one who have so much faith in the REDS. Please lets put all our enemies to shame and keep their mouth shut. Liverpool might still carry the cup. Nobody can tell.
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2010
walexco29:

To All My Liverpool Fans. I never knew you guys are here. I thought i was the only one who have so much faith in the REDS. Please lets put all our enemies to shame and keep their mouth shut. Liverpool might still carry the cup. Nobody can tell.

Not possible, factually speaking (with our on-and-off tempo) but a fourth is not far fetched
Re: Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January by walexco29(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
I understand you bro. But lets aim for the top and we'll end up in the 2nd/3rd or 4th position. I don't know if you get what i'm saying

(1) (Reply)

: / Premier League Plans Play-off For Last Champions League Place / Your Preferred Epl Fourth Place Finisher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.