Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,809 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Nigerians (415 Views)

Jean Codo Dies In Kirikiri Prison / American Man Murders Fabiola Thomas, Nigerian Woman He Met On Dating Site / American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Three Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Nigerians by KehnnyCares(m): 3:26am On Jun 23, 2017
An Ikeja High Court on Thursday remanded an American citizen, Marco Ramirez, at Kirikiri Maximum Prison for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians in a $565,000 green card and investment scam. .
Mr. Ramirez was remanded following his not-guilty plea to a 16-count charge of obtaining money under false presences. He was arraigned by the EFCC. .
The EFCC prosecutor, V. O. Aigboje, alleged that the accused, managing director of three companies – USA Now Plc., Eagleford Instalodge Group and USA Now Capital Group – committed the offences between February 2013 and August 2013. .
Mr. Aigboje said Mr. Ramirez fraudulently received $545,000 from Godson Echejue to invest in his company, Eagleford Instalodge Group, in order to procure an American green card (residence permit) for him (Echejue). .
He also allegedly received $10,000 from Abubakar Umar through a non-existent investment programme in the U.S., which was billed to make Mr. Umar eligible to obtain an American passport. .
The EFCC also accused Mr. Ramirez of illegally receiving $10,000 from one Olukayode Sodimu under the pretext that the funds were facilitation fees with the American Immigration Services for an American green card. .
After Mr. Ramirez took his plea, Mr. Aigboje requested that he be taken from the custody of EFCC to prison custody. “There are no bed spaces available in the commission. I apply that the defendant be remanded in prison custody,” she said. .
Chukwudi Maduka, the defence counsel, in his submission, requested that Mr. Ramirez be kept in the custody of EFCC and not in the custody of the Nigerian Prison Service. .
Justice Josephine Oyefeso, however, rejected Mr. Maduka’s request and ordered that Mr. Ramirez be remanded in prison. “The proper place for remand is prison custody and I so order. The case is, hereby, adjourned to July 3 for hearing of the defendant’s bail application,” she said.

Re: American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Nigerians by Davdonjoe(m): 3:42am On Jun 23, 2017
Can i believe this ? I guess NO
Re: American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Nigerians by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Op no sauce for this your jollof...
Re: American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Nigerians by Mynd44: 4:19am On Jun 23, 2017

(1)

Should My CDA Contribute Money To Bail Youths Raided In Ikorodu Here? / How A Nigerian Doctor Invades Hospital, Kills Woman And Himself Self / NEWS: 3 Nigerian Scammers Get 235-years Of Total Jail Sentence In U.S.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.