Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees (492 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife / New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Rock Matching Pajamas With His Beautiful Family (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2017
Tonight I had my first Iftar dinner with a group of Somali refugees in Minneapolis.

As a refugee, you often don't get to choose which country you end up in. When I asked one man, who had spent 26 years in a refugee camp, whether America now felt like home, he gave a simple and profound answer:

"Home is where you are free to do what you want. Yes, this feels like home."

There are few places in the world he felt comfortable to be who he is: the country he was born, and our country that values freedom.

What a beautiful tribute to America.

Thanks to my hosts for being so gracious at the very end of Ramadan. I left impressed by your strength and resilience to build a new life in an unfamiliar place, and you are a powerful reminder of why this country is so great.

Re: Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees by Origin(f): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2017
Wow....

People call them nerds..... Yet they set their own rules, have their own mind. And always change the game.
Re: Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:08am On Jun 23, 2017
Potential terrorists I guess... undecided

They destroy their own country and instead of running to Saudi they go to the so-called infidel countries...

Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

They destroy their own country and instead of running to Saudi they go to the so-called infidel countries...

Bunch of hypocrites
May be he shud invite 10 to live with him permanently.
Re: Zuckerberg Holds Iftar Dinner With Somali Refugees by talk2hb1(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Bunch of hypocrites
I think we should be more civilised with our own comment, which starts with our mind.

(1) (Reply)

Bazehub.com.ng Footer Code For Any Wap Host / How To Get Paid Blogging Jobs And Earn Extra Cash As A Blogger / Grab A Copy Of My Wordpress Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.