Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Boys Told Not To Wear Shorts To School What They Did Next Was Hilarious. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boys Told Not To Wear Shorts To School What They Did Next Was Hilarious. (687 Views)

White House Staffers To Wear Face-Masks In West Wing / New Mexican School Uniforms: "Boys Can Wear Skirts & Girls Can Wear Trousers". / Photo Of Togolese Head Teacher Going To School Through Flooded Roads Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boys Told Not To Wear Shorts To School What They Did Next Was Hilarious. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2017
John Leu

These schoolboys are fighting their school's dress code, one skirt at a time.

Around 50 boys at Isca Academy in Exeter, UK, protested their school's no shorts policy by turning up in skirts on Thursday, reported by Devon Live.

The students reportedly got the idea from the school's head teacher, who jokingly suggested they could wear skirts if they like.

A searing heatwave has left students struggling from the weather, despite parents complaining to the school about its antiquated uniform policy.

Trousers are mandated for boys, while girls can also wear skirts. Students were told they would be disciplined if they turn up wearing shorts.

"The weather has been so hot recently and it's got to the point where my son is suffering," Clare Reeves, a mother of a student at the school, told the publication.

"I have called the school several times and they have told me that if I send my son to school in shorts then he will be sent to the isolation room all day and if I keep him off school then it'll be an unauthorised absence."

In a Facebook Live video by Devon Live's Colleen Smith, boys said they were borrowing skirts from the girls for their protest.

One boy who wore a skirt said he got told to take it off because he had "hairy legs," while another said it was a "nice breeze" wearing a skirt instead of trousers.

On social media, there was plenty of support for the protest.

Aimee Mitchell, the school's headteacher, released a statement online explaining it would consider changing its uniform policy "in future" as hot weather becomes more normal.

"Shorts are not currently part of our uniform for boys and I would not want to make any changes without consulting both students and their families," she said.

In the meantime, Mitchell said students can alleviate themselves from the heat by not wearing a tie, loosening the top button of their shirts, and untuck their shirts during class — but not outside of it.

Across Europe, men have also been putting on skirts in defiance of uniform policies which stop them from wearing shorts.

Source: http://mashable.com/2017/06/23/boys-skirts-shorts-protest/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#o4CM_IYMzSqD

Re: Boys Told Not To Wear Shorts To School What They Did Next Was Hilarious. by dyadeleye(m): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2017
In UK again!

Re: Boys Told Not To Wear Shorts To School What They Did Next Was Hilarious. by thesicilian: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2017
One boy who wore a skirt said he got told to take it off because he had "hairy legs," while another said it was a "nice breeze" wearing a skirt instead of trousers.
Hahaha. Nice breeze indeed.

(1) (Reply)

To Remain One Of Us, Close Al Jazeera TV, Arab States Tell Qatar / Muslim Man Rapes 12 Year Old Girl / Jacob Zuma's Wife Saves 12 Years Old Secondary school Boy From Suicide (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.