Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Mothers That Gave Birth To Children With Biliary Atresia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers That Gave Birth To Children With Biliary Atresia (386 Views)

Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms / Prisoner Who Gave Birth To Twin Dies In Calabar / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mothers That Gave Birth To Children With Biliary Atresia by tamavi: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
Unfutunately I lost a four months plus baby to biliary atresia, after delay in even detecting he was having biliary atresia. I took him to UBTH 4weeks after i detected his jaundice wasnt clearing. Series of test took over 3 months including liver biopsy that took over a month before the result could come out. Had to go for d Kassai procedure which is most successful at 60days of the child's life at 4months for my son because that was d only option available my family wasnt bouyant enough to afford liver transplant that is done in Indian. Lost my son 2days after the kassai surgery. So annoying how dead our medical system is in this country. Biliary atresia is when bile does not flow. The child suffers from progressively increased jaundice, the poo is whitish and light yellowish and d wee is also yellowish, the liver area of d body is swollen so is the spleen area. It does not have treatment only tru kassai procedure which is most successful at 60days of the child's life or tru liver transplant. d actual solution is liver transplant which is not done in Nigeria. Early detection is d key to finding solution. I advice mother to watch out for prolonged jaundice in their babies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers That Gave Birth To Children With Biliary Atresia by perfectchoice(f): 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
Am so sorry my dear.

Never do I depend 100% in our doctors. I have my Creator, He is the living God. He breaks protocols.
We do our best and hand over the rest to Him.
Whatever the name of the illness is called, DONT FORGET TO CALL UR GOD.

I am a witness.
Take heart. The lord is ur strenght

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Secrets To Inspire Confidence In Others Very Quickly / Black Seed Oil Treatment For HIV1/2 And Cancer / First Child To Have Successful Double Hand Transplant Can Now Write(photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.