Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much (493 Views)

Youths Beatup Elders Disclosing Information Of Ebonyi People To The Fulanis / Exposed!!! See Why The Nigerian Police Can Never Stop SARS / 'How Nigerian Police Blew Off My Baby's Brains With Bullets' - Woman (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by Destined2win: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
It was a fantastic day when the news of Evans, a notorious kidnapper who has made billions of naira from ransome collected from his victims filtered through the news media. For a week straight, it was the most dominant headline in news media all over the country and even beyond the shores. It was a victory needed by the Nigerian Police as wealthy people feared for their lives every minute.

The Nigerian Police who should know know better went AWOL, chanting songs,taking selfies, revealing all the strategies they deployed in tracking down Evans. There is nothing wrong in the Nigerian Police celebrating their victories. I have watched a lot of American documentaries on issues like this but they leave some things out. America is a developed country and can always decipher new avenues in tracking criminal yet some take them a very long time to catch.

But Nigeria is still crawling and needs to keep a lot of information about their modus Operandi secret. Even a country we claim to be better than noticed it.; https://www.nairaland.com/3879308/kidnapper-evans-nigerian-igp-shared

This Ghanaian guy said the real truth which shouldn't be taken lightly. Evans is not the only kidnapper in Nigeria and the kind of publicity given to him has only given the other high profile kidnappers the signal to restrategize.

Now the deed has been done. What can the Nigerian Police do to salvage the situation.

1. They should stop further publicity of any news related to how Evans was captured and acquisitions he made with kidnapping money.

2. Henceforth no policeman should be seen in any picture that has Evans in it.

3. Every news about Evans will only come from the Police Spokesman.

4. No pressman should be allowed to interrogate Evans any longer.

5. The police should fast track the trial of Evans which would be aired openly.

6. Evans should be publicly executed to deter prospecting kidnappers.

7. The police has already fumbled on this. and therefore needs to restrategize. They should seek other methods of operation as an intelligent kidnapper would have learned one or two things from this Evans saga

8. Let them be trained on the effects on crime reporting in the open society.

I believe if they can do this, the situation will be salvaged to the point where they will learn a lot on how to handle sensitive issues in a sensitive country like Nigeria.

Written by Destined2win

Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by sarrki(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
I see it as lack of professionalism on the part of our police

They gave too much information out
Re: How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by Destined2win: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
sarrki:
I see it as lack of professionalism on the part of our police

They gave too much information out
I was in shock all through.

Was asking if they knew that every news has both positive and negative side. Humans are not bush meats you can shoot and kill, then display without any effect on your capability to shoot and kill next time.

Humans are intelligent beings who read different meanings to every gesture. Our police force need training
Re: How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by BrightEye(m): 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
How I wish every Nigeria's police should pass through the studies of criminology, psychology and other related disciplines.
Re: How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by updatechange(m): 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
well done.
Re: How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by Destined2win: 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
BrightEye:
How I wish every Nigeria's police should pass through the studies of criminology, psychology and other related disciplines.
How I wish that too it starts now. But when I become President by God's grace, I will enforce it
Re: How Nigerian Police Can Salvage The Evans Situation After Disclosing Too Much by andyanders: 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
Destined2win:
It was a fantastic day when the news of Evans, a notorious kidnapper who has made billions of naira from ransome collected from his victims filtered through the news media. For a week straight, it was the most dominant headline in news media all over the country and even beyond the shores. It was a victory needed by the Nigerian Police as wealthy people feared for their lives every minute.

The Nigerian Police who should know know better went AWOL, chanting songs,taking selfies, revealing all the strategies they deployed in tracking down Evans. There is nothing wrong in the Nigerian Police celebrating their victories. I have watched a lot of American documentaries on issues like this but they leave some things out. America is a developed country and can always decipher new avenues in tracking criminal yet some take them a very long time to catch.

But Nigeria is still crawling and needs to keep a lot of information about their modus Operandi secret. Even a country we claim to be better than noticed it.; https://www.nairaland.com/3879308/kidnapper-evans-nigerian-igp-shared

This Ghanaian guy said the real truth which shouldn't be taken lightly. Evans is not the only kidnapper in Nigeria and the kind of publicity given to him has only given the other high profile kidnappers the signal to restrategize.

Now the deed has been done. What can the Nigerian Police do to salvage the situation.

1. They should stop further publicity of any news related to how Evans was captured and acquisitions he made with kidnapping money.

2. Henceforth no policeman should be seen in any picture that has Evans in it.

3. Every news about Evans will only come from the Police Spokesman.

4. No pressman should be allowed to interrogate Evans any longer.

5. The police should fast track the trial of Evans which would be aired openly.

6. Evans should be publicly executed to deter prospecting kidnappers.

7. The police has already fumbled on this. and therefore needs to restrategize. They should seek other methods of operation as an intelligent kidnapper would have learned one or two things from this Evans saga

8. Let them be trained on the effects on crime reporting in the open society.

I believe if they can do this, the situation will be salvaged to the point where they will learn a lot on how to handle sensitive issues in a sensitive country like Nigeria.

Written by Destined2win

Lalasticlala
Seun

Truth said here. In fact, Abah Kyari who was the officer that handled the arrest of such a high profile officer should have been kept secret because he is an intelligent officer who should always be protected. I know that God will protect him and his family and I would at this point advise the police to always keep their secret private on how they can counter kidnappers. You can imagine how wicked these guys are to the point that after the arrest of Evans, there has been new reported kidnappings here and there in the country. This goes to show that these guys don't get disturbed and the only way is to make sure that more stringent conviction should be handed to those involved in kidnapping and anyone that kidnaps an under aged child and aged citizens should be given a straight Death sentence and should be executed publicly.

(1) (Reply)

#warning: Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers / BADDOO: Jungle Justice In Ikorodu / A Man Identified As Wale Lawal, Has Been Arrested By The Nasarawa State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.