Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title (23052 Views)

Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed / Caesar Chukwuma Nigerian Lawyer In USA Melting Hearts Of Ladies. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2017
It might not be unconnected with B.E.I. Nwofor being Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi's lawyer.

Worgu Boms, former Attoney-General and Commissioner for Justice during Amaechi's tenure was also barred from practicing in Port Harcourt by the Nigerian Bar Association, Port Harcourt Branch. Boms has grown white hair by force and he is now a staunch Magnus Abe supporter.

Well B.E.I. Nwofor has made enough bread from Amaechi and can even choose to ditch the legal profession if he so chooses. I know his Chambers at Agudama Street, D Line, Port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by adetayo234: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2017
samtee37:
One senior looter down grin

Did anyone tell you what he did?
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by seanswitch(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2017
Maybe that's why my conscience didn't let me study law when I got admission then.
AHCB:
"Lawyers are born liars". It's the job of a lawyer to sell you a liar. You can choose to buy it or not. The choice is up to you. Those who defended Ibori did so because that's what they were paid to do.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by AHCB: 7:05am On Jun 24, 2017
seanswitch:
Maybe that's why my conscience didn't let me study law when I got admission then.
It's all a matter of choice.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Saintdaprince(m): 7:08am On Jun 24, 2017
Dont be too fast to judge and conclude. What was his crime and do you know of there was a fair hearing?
We should be careful on how we run into conclusion over matters we are not well grounded in. Shalom ( quote author=Oche211 post=57796533]Very good.
This is a welcome development.
Majority of our SANs are nt worthy of that title. They are just too corrupt.
I'm very sure there must have been series of petitions against the man.
Once again, this is very good.[/quote]
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by dokiOloye(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2017
Oche211:
Very good.
Once again, this is very good.
Its not a corruption related issue.
I think it has to do wt d Sherrif vs Markafi tussle where he on behalf of his clients sued or joined d presiding judges in d substantive matter instead of just appealing their judgement.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by 2shure: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2017
Charge and bail lawyer.
Lol
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2017
jay2pee:
How e take concern me
nothing consine you for this world...oya go heaven na

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2017
the excesses of these SAN are jus too much, Tym to start cutting people to shape
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2017
TooNoisy:
I just knew the lawyer had to be a Southerner. If a northerner committed the same offence, it would have been overlooked.

always turning it to a tribal thing and crying marginalization...
He is from the East o, not South.. we no wN squat unda dat umbrella with u mbok..

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 24, 2017
Oche211:
Very good.

Senior Advocate my foot. Those peeps ain't advocating for anyone but their pockets. There is no dignity in them so I will rather they are referred to as Shameless Ambassadors of Nigeria SAN.

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by londoner: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2017
seanswitch:
Senior Advocates that defend looters. What happened to those that defended Ibori against the Nigerian state?

But that is the job of an advocate, to create and present a defence case in court. It is the job of the judge and jury using the laws to make a judgement. Everywhere in the world there are defense and prosecution lawyers and advocates for every case brought to court.

You can be struck off for unlawful conduct and dealings as a legal professional but NEVER for defending a criminal.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by caesaraba(m): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2017
TooNoisy:
I just knew the lawyer had to be a Southerner. If a northerner committed the same offence, it would have been overlooked.

Keep thinking like this and you won't go far in life. 100% certain.

There's no ”We” there, when it comes to an individual's personal achievements and it's consequencies.
Sadly, Nairaland has greatly harmed many an I.Q into thinking it is so.

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Kdon2: 7:55am On Jun 24, 2017
omaolowo:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/234960-%e2%80%8esenior-nigerian-lawyer-stripped-san-title.html

‎Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped of SAN Title

June 23, 2017
Evelyn Okakwu

Nigeria’s Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee has stripped a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, B. I. Nwofor, of his title as senior advocate.

The decision which was taken at the Committee’s 126th general meeting held on June 22 was contained in a letter from the privileges committee signed by the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court, Ahmed Salleh.

“The Legal Practitioner’s Privileges Committee at its 126th General Meeting held on June 22nd 2017, considered extensively the complaint filled by the court of appeal of Nigeria against B. E . I. Nwofor, Esq. A Senior Advocate of Nigeria with his response to same and all material facts and have decided that B. E. I. Nwofor Esq; a Senior Advocate of Nigeria conducted himself in a manner unbefitting of a holder of the esteemed rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

“By reason of the foregoing, the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria _(including all its privileges)_ has been withdrawn from B. E. I Nwofor, forthwith,” the statement said.

It was not immediately clear what the allegations were against Mr. Nwofor.

Good for nigeria. Let the high and mighty be accountable.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by victorDanladi: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2017
no problem jare,nnamdi kanu will give you SAB(senior advocate of Biafra)

I.I nwafor(SAB)....It sounds cool..

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Emperor119(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2017
dat one consign dem dere
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Daboomb: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2017
Oche211:
Very good.

Next, Mike Ozekhome...

And all those SAN that collect proceeds of LOOTING, all in the effort to protect the looted funds.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by graphiti: 8:41am On Jun 24, 2017
TooNoisy:
Actually, not so my sister.
Unlike d north which is much more united, its not so with d south. The south has Two major groups the part that hates and abhors crime/criminals and the part that thrives/eulogizes/rationalises (and has unflinching affinity affinity for) crime/criminals.

Nuff said. wink

1 Like

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by hexy40: 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oche211:
Very good.
u are very sure of what? May be he is corrupt. But did u consider that maybe he is a good person been punished for going against the government. When corrupt people singles someone out for punishment, there is usually something wrong.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by bizzibodi(m): 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
oooo!i think say na mike ozekhome.
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oche211:
Very good.

Not only that ,they do not possess knowledge as expected if a San. .... That title is now gotten by way of politics hence the recent confinement of it to certain individuals not worthy of it
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by 1984Tym(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
well i think he should also return the gains and procceeds of that san office. then all his cases annuled.

serious buyer should show up for this apple macbook laptop. its just 100k only. 07058121247, 08170655350. both numbers are watsap ...serious buyer should show up for this apple macbook laptop. its just 100k only. 07058121247, 08170655350. both numbers are watsap ...serious buyer should show up for this apple macbook laptop. its just 100k only. 07058121247, 08170655350. both numbers are watsap ...

Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by Jirate(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
dokiOloye:

Its not a corruption related issue.
I think it has to do wt d Sherrif vs Markafi tussle where he on behalf of his clients sued or joined d presiding judges in d substantive matter instead of just appealing their judgement.

My Guy, you are 100% correct, no lawyer will sue a Judge, you appeal his Judgement if dis satisfied with a ruling. During that incident, Nwafor sets a very bad precedent by joining those Appeal court judges in the matter, the present CJN seriously quarreled with him then calling him A Confusionist.
Not surprised they have decided to Strip him of his SAN status, good Riddance if you ask me. cool
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by GODISGREAT123: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
exlinklodge:
Why always these type of names..... Sorry for checking names

Stop talking rubbish!

Kunle Kalejaiye SAN was not only stripped of SAN title, he was derobed and debarred from legal practice

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/kalejaiye-loses-san-rank-barred-from-legal-practice/
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by wilhazcar: 1:29am On Jun 25, 2017
A body of lawyers that cannot write a paragraph in English successfully. is it "forgoing" or "foregoing"? Small time dem go say standard of education dey fall. mtchew
Re: Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title by jobbers: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Professional Nurse Examination? / Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane / One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.