Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. (1646 Views)

From London To 9ja Tokunbo 2008 Toyota Avensis.. / Please I Need Help With A Shipping Agent In Maryland USA. / Yankee Auto Salvage: Dealer Special (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by damola1: 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2010
Please advise a reliable shipping agent that you have used in the past to ship cars to Lagos.

Just got a RAV4 2008 and it's in NC. Also, will need the services of a reliable clearing agent in Lagos.

Email: damola@damola.com

1 Like

Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by AMERICANEX(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2010
out of Baltimore / Jacksonville / or NY area - 1075.00 port to port.

You get it to the port - pay us - we do the rest.
or
You get it to us in NJ - we get it to the port - 1175.00 (all in)

American Export Lines NJ office.

John

JSTROZYK@AELSHIPPING.COM
(973) 824-2333
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by damola1: 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
Thank you for your email Feedback.

Firstly, I don't understand Ro/Ro?, Exactly what does this mean.

2. I have a RAV4 2008 model right now in NC, I need to know the following:

a. SHipping options.
b. Best way from your experience to ship this kind of car.
c. Do you have any referrals on nairaland that have used your services in the past, any of the resellers at all?
d. How much will it cost to ship from NC to Lagos?
e. How long will it take to get to me?
g. Do you have regular ships leaving US port, or must I want for a time alotted.

Please answer this and even explain more. Thanks.
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by AMERICANEX(m): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2010
Damola

Ro/Ro means roll on roll off – the vehicle is driven right onto a vessel and inside the hull it is lashed down for the transit. No personal effects can accompany the vehicle in this manner.

From Jacksonville Florida or Baltimore Maryland – we can offer to you a port to port rate of $1075.00. That means that you will deliver the vehicle to the port I tell you about in ether Florida or Maryland. There it will be loaded and approx: 18-20 days later it will be driven off the vessel in the West African port of our choice.

You will need to get it from NC to one of these ports.
I can create the paperwork you need to ship it safely and to get it into your consignee’s hands safely.

From my experience – Ro/Ro is the way to go if you only have one vehicle. Security is greatly improved in this manner of shipping. 10 years ago would say containerize it – but things have gotten much better.

The other option is to get a 20 ft cntr deliverd to a load site in NC (that YOU would provide). I can arrange the trucking and ocean shipment of this container – advantage is you can stuff it.

Container rates (for a 20 fter) Port to port with Trucking from lets say Raleigh would be approx: 3800.00 before you pay for your loading to whomever you hire to load.

Ro /Ro right now is sailing twice a month – so if you miss the first vessel in a month – you will get picked up by the next one (like a bus stop)

Next Ro/Ro sailing out of Baltimore MD USA the RDR 110 (ACL Grimaldi sails approx: 02/15 out of Balt.)

John Strozyk
American Export Lines
JStrozyk@aelshipping.com
(973) 824-2333
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by damola1: 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2010
Can any existing customer please confirm the reliability of AMERCANEX?
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by AMERICANEX(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2010
It is not in our companies business model to give out names of any customers that have done business with us prior. I can only think of (1) Nairaland specific member / customer of AEL that has shipped with us - that declared himself known from Nairaland. We have a mainstay customer base of dealers that ship into Tin Can. For the past 30 years we have been a word of mouth business. I only started chatting on Nairaland this past fall. With the economy in both the US and Nigeria slowed there has not been a huge response off this web site, But hopefully that will change.

You can check us out on line at :

www.shipit.com
Our Los Angelos California USA office moniters inquiries from that site.
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by Pelpelly(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
damola1:

Thank you for your email Feedback.

Firstly, I don't understand Ro/Ro?,  Exactly what does this mean.

2. I have a RAV4 2008 model right now in NC, I need to know the following:

a. SHipping options.
b. Best way from your experience to ship this kind of car.
c. Do you have any referrals on nairaland that have used your services in the past, any of the resellers at all?
d. How much will it cost to ship from NC to Lagos?
e. How long will it take to get to me?
g. Do you have regular ships leaving US port, or must I want for a time alotted.

Please answer this and even explain more. Thanks.

damola1,

I live in NC and I can tell you that there are not any ports that will ship vehicles out of. Our vehicles are driven to either Bltimore, Maryland or Jacksonville, Florida. It usually takes about 21 days from day of shipping to get to Nigeria. I hope this helps.
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by income2010: 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
We are here for you
email:info@xpluscompany.com
+2347090483443

we can help you clear your container loads of goods at lagos port
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by AMERICANEX(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
RO / RO means "roll on roll off "

Vehicles are delivered (pre-booked and prepaid) to the closest ro/ro port. Then they are in "FIFO" order First in First On. Most times there is a 1.5 - 2 week backlog of vehicles which also coincides with the typical tim eit takes to get a title through USCBP (US Customs).

Once your vehicle loads on board it is approx 18 days to Nigeria.

Once the ships loading manifest is closed : the Original Bills of Lading are available to the customers who have vehicles that were loaded.

John Strozyk
(973) 824-2333
JSTROZYK@AELShipping.com
Re: Shipping Agent Needed From Yankee To 9ja. by couvaninigLtd(m): 3:38am On Aug 24, 2012
Mr damola. Mr. John kindly check your inbox

(1) (Reply)

Clean 2008 Honda Accord For Sale Nigeria Used 4months Old / Fiat Coupe (speed Demon) --- Amazing Offer (850k)! / 2008/09 Toyota Highlander Sport With Reverse Camera =n4.7m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.