Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Suicidal Thoughts - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicidal Thoughts (2128 Views)

Universities Calling school Reopening Are Camouflage, It's Suicidal - ASUU / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts / How To Overcome Depression & Suicidal Thoughts During Hard Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
That's because you were brainwashed to think school and good grades is what you need to succeed. My advice is simple, listen attentively when the lecturer is in the class and focus on a skill. Learn a skill that sells. If you've got passion try to see if you can monetize it. Don't injure yourself trying to a course you many not even love or pursue in future.

The idea that grades decide who you become is why our organized schools are dangerous. Throw that line out of your head. If possible, ditch school. Tell your sponsor to channel that money on a skill you want to learn. You can always go back to school.

Don't allow some grades decide who you are. Try your best but don't kill yourself over nothing. Grades are not worth such attention you are giving them. Learn something and be happy. Don't tie your happiness to grades. That's the the ugly tumour our systemic education creates.
thanks a lot... trying not to think about it but its not easy...
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:29am On Jun 29, 2017
Boole3:

thanks a lot... trying not to think about it but its not easy...
Yeah. Don't. The solution is, think of alternatives.

The reason most humans go to school is to make money and have 'class' not because they love what education really is about.

The reason you are also lamenting is because you also saw education as a means to an end. A means to make money.

You simply need an unplug. See school as fun and a means to enlarging your knowledge. Not a place you must pass exams to have good grades to get you good money in future.

Unplug. Try to learn other things in school that will give you that money. You can set up a blog where your offer your unique skills and services if you have one.

You can meet those guys who run Business centres around and ask them how to begin, if you have money.

Don't ever allow grades be your problem. We know the reason you are sad, from your narration, is because you want to make money in future and have that thing called 'class',not because you love knowledge.

Rewire yourself from society's brainwash. If you need money pursue money, if you need education stop complaining about your grades and focus on what you learned.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hope you are better than before now?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Hope you are better than before now?

yes! I am.... thanks man... just made up my mind to learn an I.t skill and improve on my writing skill...
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Boole3:

yes! I am.... thanks man... just made up my mind to learn an I.t skill and improve on my writing skill...
Very good. Once you are done learning, implement it immediately. Organized education is a product of those who want to control this world and the people in them. Never ever be angry over grades. Never.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2017
200l first semester result is out... cgpa went up to 2.34 and no COs
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2017
Boole3:
200l first semester result is out... cgpa went up to 2.34
and no COs
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2017
Boole3:
200l first semester result is out... cgpa went up to 2.34 and no COs
Seems you are catching up. That's good. Learnt any new skill or engaged in any venture yet or planning to?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Seems you are catching up. That's good. Learnt any new skill or engaged in any venture yet or planning to?

Still planning to... Need a laptop first... I'll get one before Christmas, hopefully
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2017
Boole3:

Still planning to... Need a laptop first... I'll get one before Christmas, hopefully
Okay. It will get better. You need a strong mind for now. Mentality matters. You need to have a strong sense of self. No human being is better than you. Grades are simply grades. They don't make or mar us but our response to them could make or mar us. School knowledge is not better than street knowledge and vice versa. How you use it matter. Don't let any grade define you. You can learn simple businesses. From the guy frying donuts on the road, to the woman frying okara balls, etc. Drop pride if you want to succeed too. Don't be proud in asking a course mate explain a topic or subject.

You can read these two articles to help your mental energy:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/can-conquer-depression-uplift-mind-urbanization-lifestyle-vs-urbanization-mind/

http://www.mortalpoet.com/dont-waste-your-pain/
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 14, 2017
1.8gp after studying for 8hours, hian your village people are really strong o, I don't even study for 8hours.
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 1:10am On Oct 15, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Okay. It will get better. You need a strong mind for now. Mentality matters. You need to have a strong sense of self. No human being is better than you. Grades are simply grades. They don't make or mar us but our response to them could make or mar us. School knowledge is not better than street knowledge and vice versa. How you use it matter. Don't let any grade define you. You can learn simple businesses. From the guy frying donuts on the road, to the woman frying okara balls, etc. Drop pride if you want to succeed too. Don't be proud in asking a course mate explain a topic or subject.

You can read these two articles to help your mental energy:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/can-conquer-depression-uplift-mind-urbanization-lifestyle-vs-urbanization-mind/

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 1:10am On Oct 15, 2017
MaritzaNL:
1.8gp after studying for 8hours, hian your village people are really strong o, I don't even study for 8hours.
Good for you
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Boole3:

Thanks!!!
You are welcome.
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 12:25am On Feb 06, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
You are welcome.
cgpa has gone up to 2.6 but failed a course this semester... and the depression is back... so tired of this... I really need this to stop
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2018
Boole3:

cgpa has gone up to 2.6 but failed a course this semester... and the depression is back... so tired of this... I really need this to stop
Your mental health is number priority. Why is the depression back? You reverted back to Solitude? Don't stay alone or cut people off.

Like I told you always be in company of people who raise your mood. Once you notice any overt thinking creeping in you cut it off and change something.

Congrats on your improved CGPA but you can get better. What company do you keep in class? Look for that group that excel and join them. Don't let pride or shyness stop you.

Studying for 8 hours is not it if you don't know how to study or have interest in the subject. If you are interested in the subject the lectures alone would be enough. Speaking from experience.

Whatever you did that improved the GP should be improved on. You did great working on that, considering your past performance but there's always room for improvement.

Most importantly, try to re-evaluate what happiness means. I assure you if you have that taken care of things like grades won't slump you to depression. Take these two articles serious.

What constitutes happiness to you and what really is its nature? If you were given a million dollars will you still be depressed? If you had good grades and end broke will you be happy?

Like I told you in that first post, don't try to quantize grades to monetary equivalent.

If you are depressed because you think bad grades wouldn't get you a good job or good future(=good money), then it's time to pursue money and leave school.

If on the other hand you are after education then grades should only bother you when your cgpa threatens your education. Do you have a sibling you confide in? Do you even have any friend?

Shun solitude but don't roam aimlessly. Mingle with brighter minds. Check for that group that tops the class and join them. You can't be with a smart group and perform badly.

You are tired? We all get tired but we pick up and plug the loopholes and patch the torrents of torment that sting us every day. Grades are not enough to ruin a man. Don't let it. 4 years in school shouldn't define your life and happiness. It is never too late to start anything. But Boole, what exactly do you want?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 11:27am On Feb 06, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Your mental health is number priority. Why is the depression back? You reverted back to Solitude? Don't stay alone or cut people off.

Like I told you always be in company of people who raise your mood. Once you notice any overt thinking creeping in you cut it off and change something.

Congrats on your improved CGPA but you can get better. What company do you keep in class? Look for that group that excel and join them. Don't let pride or shyness stop you.

Studying for 8 hours is not it if you don't know how to study or have interest in the subject. If you are interested in the subject the lectures alone would be enough. Speaking from experience.

Whatever you did that improved the GP should be improved on. You did great working on that, considering your past performance but there's always room for improvement.

Most importantly, try to re-evaluate what happiness means. I assure you if you have that taken care of things like grades won't slump you to depression. Take these two articles serious.

What constitutes happiness to you and what really is its nature? If you were given a million dollars will you still be depressed? If you had good grades and end broke will you be happy?

Like I told you in that first post, don't try to quantize grades to monetary equivalent.

If you are depressed because you think bad grades wouldn't get you a good job or good future(=good money), then it's time to pursue money and leave school.

If on the other hand you are after education then grades should only bother you when your cgpa threatens your education. Do you have a sibling you confide in? Do you even have any friend?

Shun solitude but don't roam aimlessly. Mingle with brighter minds. Check for that group that tops the class and join them. You can't be with a smart group and perform badly.

You are tired? We all get tired but we pick up and plug the loopholes and patch the torrents of torment that sting us every day. Grades are not enough to ruin a man. Don't let it. 4 years in school shouldn't define your life and happiness. It is never too late to start anything. But Boole, what exactly do you want?

I really don't know
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2018
Boole3:

I really don't know
What is behind the things that make you happy? Why are you unhappy about the poor grades? The world is ruled by men who think outside the box and those who don't see any box. The First class students, in our setting, are mostly programmed zombies who mostly end up without any impact. So, why are depressed because of poor grades? What's behind it. There you will find what you love.
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Lorayne(m): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Same thing happening to me
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Lorayne(m): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
I think we need more contributions
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Lorayne(m): 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lorayne:
Same thing happening to me
It will be fine but it all depends on you. Try read my response to Boole and ask further questions or anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Google Really Tell The Difference Between Good And Bad Content? / Mental Disorders / Graduate Studies In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.