Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! (485 Views)

Nigerian Doctor, Ghanaian Statistician Win Rhodes Scholarships / Statistics As Course I Need Ur Advice Statistician / STATISTICIAN Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! by StrafordSTONES(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Good day my fellow nairalanders, please I'm looking for help doing an assignment; the assignment reads "discuss the importance of of standard normal curve to social statistics". I have being able to do the conceptualization, said it makes calculation of probabilities easier. I need an explanation on how it can help in testing association between variables and measurement of National income and possibly other points that I have not thought about.

Thanks, your help will be highly appreciated.
Re: Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! by StrafordSTONES(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2017
still expecting a response...
Re: Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! by FxBase(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2017
StrafordSTONES:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, please I'm looking for help doing an assignment; the assignment reads "discuss the importance of of standard normal curve to social statistics". I have being able to do the conceptualization, said it makes calculation of probabilities easier. I need an explanation on how it can help in testing association between variables and measurement of National income and possibly other points that I have not thought about.

Thanks, your help will be highly appreciated.

This might be already late though, yet I feel I can drop a line or two relative to your request.

A standard normal curve is a bell shape curve with skewness in the 2 direction (- and +) of standard deviation. It has a mean = 1 and Standard deviation = 0.

I will advise you read more on test of normality and non parametric test to find a better solution to you assignment.

would have but due to time.

I hope you find this useful
Re: Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! by StrafordSTONES(m): 9:56am On Jun 25, 2017
FxBase:

This might be already late though, yet I feel I can drop a line or two relative to your request.

A standard normal curve is a bell shape curve with skewness in the 2 direction (- and +) of standard deviation. It has a mean = 1 and Standard deviation = 0.

I will advise you read more on test of normality and non parametric test to find a better solution to you assignment.

would have but due to time.

I hope you find this useful

I appreciate bro but I have transcended the conceptualization/definition...I just want to know how I can relate it to testing of association between variables and measurement of National income and any other point I could be helped with.
you know it is not really my field and I find everything I read about it as alien.
Re: Any Statistician In The House? Please Help!!!! by StrafordSTONES(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2017
...can't nobody help?

(1) (Reply)

OAU & TASUED Vice-chancellors Render Vanguard Report On School Fee Hike Invalid / What Do I Need To Know Before Applying University Of Ibadan Master's Program / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.