Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Abuja Court Sends 30yrs Old Man To Prison For Stealing 2 Packets Of ‘maggi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Court Sends 30yrs Old Man To Prison For Stealing 2 Packets Of ‘maggi (306 Views)

Abuja Court Sentences Biker To 1 Month In Prison Over 'Public Stunts' At 12:30am / Female Kidnapper Caught In Imo After Stealing 2-Month-Old Baby (Photos) / Traders Attack FCDA Official In Abuja Court, Break His Head (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Court Sends 30yrs Old Man To Prison For Stealing 2 Packets Of ‘maggi by Candyking(m): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
A Lugbe Grade 1 Area Court in Abuja on Thursday sentenced a 30yrs old bricklayer Jeopardy John, to three months imprisonment for stealing two packets of Maggi cubes.

John, had pleaded guilty to a three-count of criminal trespass, housebreaking and theft.
He had pleaded; “I am sorry for the act I committed and I am pleading with the court not to send me to jail. It was hunger that made me to steal. For some time now I don’t have job, please sir forgive me and I promise not to steal again.’’

The judge, Garba Ogbede, however, sentenced the poor Nigerian, John to three months in prison with an option of payment of N15,000 fine.

Garba Ogbede also ordered that the recovered 2 packets of Maggi be returned to the owner.

According to the judge, the punishment would have been more severe if he had not pleaded guilty, and saved the court the pains of a prolonged prosecution.

NAN reports that the prosecuting counsel, Vivian Oporomo had told the court that on July 12, Eneojo of same address, reported the matter at the Iddo Police Station.

Read More
Re: Abuja Court Sends 30yrs Old Man To Prison For Stealing 2 Packets Of ‘maggi by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Very well deserved.... If he was really hungry them he would have stole FOOD to eat, and not Maggi fukcing cubes!!!

Let him rest his head in jail for a few months.

(1) (Reply)

Two (2) Persons Killed As Terrorists Open Fire On Policemen In Kano / Notorious Kidnapper, Evans Sues Igp, Three Others Over His Continuous Detention / Woman Bathes Co-tenant With Faeces; Gets N100,000 Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.