Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? (1144 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Why Do People Sleep In Church? / Where Do People Sleep When They Go To Mecca ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Opeomoope: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2017
Dozing away during the sermon did not just
start today. Remember Eutychus, the young
man who sank into a deep sleep and fell off
the window to his death during Paul’s
sermon in Acts 20? Also, Peter, James and
John dozed off twice in the Mount of
Transfiguration when they were supposed
to watch and pray? Reminds us of how
many times our dedicated Ushers take their
time to wake us up only for us to fall back
into slumber again. Some snore away,
sometimes hit their heads on the seats, and
some do not know when their Bibles fall off
their lamps only for them to jump when it
hits the floor.
I hereby seek to understand why
sleeping during Church service has become
a norm. Some blame it on boring method of
preaching, some say it is because
congregation may be tired (this is not a
good excuse because people should not be
tired on Sunday morning) and others say
because the modus operandi is very routinal
and uninteresting.
1. Why would you say people sleep in Church?
2.Have you ever slept in Church before?
3.How can sleeping in church be
prevented?
Your opinion is welcomed.
People sleep in churches because the supernatural power of God is no longer in many churches. Most pastors are using gimmicks, fear, intimidation to keep people in church. Most times the Pastors sound like a broken record repeating itself. They have
no revelation because there’s no real prayer and worship. Their bellies have become their God. They have no genuine
compassion for the confused members. Most people leave the church more confused than they came. The life of Jesus is
completely supernatural…from vigin birth,
miracle ministry to resurrection from the clutches of cruel death. So when you encounter Him your life will be windy… supernaturally transformed and translated
to the kingdom of light!
2.I have slept before in Church.
3.Pastors should wake up from slumber and preach good news and stop too much dancing in the name of praise and worship before sermons… Sermons should be laced with the demonstration of the supernatural power of God..strength sapping dance
should be left toward the end of good preaching/service!!!…

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by samutd4u(m): 7:21am On Jun 25, 2017
dont even know sef
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by luckyz4rea(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2017
Opeomoope:
Dozing away during the sermon did not just
start today. Remember Eutychus, the young
man who sank into a deep sleep and fell off
the window to his death during Paul’s
sermon in Acts 20? Also, Peter, James and
John dozed off twice in the Mount of
Transfiguration when they were supposed
to watch and pray? Reminds us of how
many times our dedicated Ushers take their
time to wake us up only for us to fall back
into slumber again. Some snore away,
sometimes hit their heads on the seats, and
some do not know when their Bibles fall off
their lamps only for them to jump when it
hits the floor.
I hereby seek to understand why
sleeping during Church service has become
a norm. Some blame it on boring method of
preaching, some say it is because
congregation may be tired (this is not a
good excuse because people should not be
tired on Sunday morning) and others say
because the modus operandi is very routinal
and uninteresting.
1. Why would you say people sleep in Church?
2.Have you ever slept in Church before?
3.How can sleeping in church be
prevented?
Your opinion is welcomed.
People sleep in churches because the supernatural power of God is no longer in many churches. Most pastors are using gimmicks, fear, intimidation to keep people in church. Most times the Pastors sound like a broken record repeating itself. They have
no revelation because there’s no real prayer and worship. Their bellies have become their God. They have no genuine
compassion for the confused members. Most people leave the church more confused than they came. The life of Jesus is
completely supernatural…from vigin birth,
miracle ministry to resurrection from the clutches of cruel death. So when you encounter Him your life will be windy… supernaturally transformed and translated
to the kingdom of light!
2.I have slept before in Church.
3.Pastors should wake up from slumber and preach good news and stop too much dancing in the name of praise and worship before sermons… Sermons should be laced with the demonstration of the supernatural power of God..strength sapping dance
should be left toward the end of good preaching/service!!!…

How you deny yourself rest, maybe sleep after you've worked yourself to the bones and now expect not to sleep at such time, even though it is a dangerous time to sleep!
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by thesicilian: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2017
It's mostly when the sermon is boring. Or you have no idea what is going on. As for me, I usually sleep when I'm so exhausted from the previous night's work. My mindset then would be, if I can't sleep in my Father's house, where else will I sleep?
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 25, 2017
In My Church(Dunamis), The Only Time Few People(spiritually Not Active) Sleep Is Worship And Wonders Night 9pm To 5am. if u do sleep during sermon, go dunamis, sleep can never come. Impossicant!
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 25, 2017
Sleeping during sermon is as a result of the above problems you highlighted. There various ways to overcome it.
1.have enough sleep before coming to church
2.ministers should try to make their sermon lively, practical and add some jokes to it
3.in the course of ministration, worship or praise should be added
4. Sermon should be specific, timed and precise. Maximum of 1hr should do.
5.Church program should be followed to the latter and there should be time conscious
So it all boils down to the ministry and the person ministering but you as individual has a role to play.
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by ifenes(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Obviously boredom and repetition of the same topic week in week out. It's like watching the same movie over and over again for 30 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
onuhabel1:
In My Church(Dunamis), The Only Time Few People(spiritually Not Active) Sleep Is Worship And Wonders Night 9pm To 5am. if u do sleep during sermon, go dunamis, sleep can never come. Impossicant!

LOL
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME.
I'LL SLEEP ON THE ALTER, UNDER THE DRUMS, IN THE TOILET... I'LL SLEEP EVERYWHERE!
cheesy
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Brown14: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME.
I'LL SLEEP ON THE ALTER, UNDER THE DRUMS, IN THE TOILET... I'LL SLEEP EVERYWHERE!
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME.
cheesy
lol, go try am na, if u sleep for the service, then u need deliverance!
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by sonofluc1fer: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
That's the brain trying to protect your mind from the pastor's bullshit..
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by OtemAtum: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
Sleeping in a church is due to boredom. There are some churches you'll go and you'll never feel asleep because it's all entertaining.

BTW, Yahweh is still in his spiritual prison. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by hopefulLandlord: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
when we were young, our mothers/fathers read fictional stories for us to sleep and it does help us sleep, bible and sermons take its place when we become adults since they're also fictional stories and their spinoffs

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
That's the brain trying to protect your mind from the pastor's bullshit..
Sharrap!
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by sonofluc1fer: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
onuhabel1:

Sharrap!
Goot, goot. You should learn to say that to the man, the one holding the microphone, telling you stories from a useless book.
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Goot, goot. You should learn to say that to the man, the one holding the microphone, telling you stories from a useless book.
No Need Exchanging Words With U, I Just Saw Ur Name SonOfLucifer, may Jesus Save U
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by ikeepitreal(m): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
most sermons are very boring. i prefer it when the pastor does more of teaching than preaching. it provides absolute relief from the tedious and wearisome drone we hear every sunday.
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by sonofluc1fer: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
onuhabel1:

No Need Exchanging Words With U, I Just Saw Ur Name SonOfLucifer, may Jesus Save U
That dead Jew couldn't save himself from 3 nails.. He's the one who needs saving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

That dead Jew couldn't save himself from 3 nails.. He's the one who needs saving.
...For The Scriptures To Be Fulfilled. Didnt He Arose After 3days
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? by sonofluc1fer: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
onuhabel1:

...For The Scriptures To Be Fulfilled. Didnt He Arose After 3days
Na bread? How you take know? How d story use concern you? You follow kill am? Leave dead Jew for im people, you are not a Gentile or Jew.

(1) (Reply)

Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated / Have You Ever Wondered Why Some Rocks Have Humanlike Faces ? / Pastor Michael Todd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.