Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,220 members, 7,860,394 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Does The Bible Says About Church Attendance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Says About Church Attendance (298 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria Has Highest Church Attendance World Over" / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Says About Church Attendance by Opeomoope: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2017
Let's explore several passages and consider numerous biblical reasons for going to church.
THE BIBLE TELLS US TO MEET TOGETHER AS BELIEVERS AND TO ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.
Hebrews 10:25
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more
as you see the Day approaching. (NIV)
The number one reason to encourage Christians to find a good church is because
the Bible instructs us to be in relationship with other believers. If we are part of Christ's body, we will recognize our need to fit into the body of believers. The church is the place where we come together to encourage one another as members of Christ's body. Together we fulfill an
important purpose on the Earth.
AS MEMBERS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST, WE BELONG TO EACH OTHER.
Romans 12:5
... so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. (NIV)
It is for our own good that God want us in fellowship with other believers. We need each other to grow up in the faith, to learn
to serve, to love one another, to exercise our spiritual gifts, and to practice forgiveness. Although we are individuals, we still belong
to one another.
WHEN YOU GIVE UP ON ATTENDING
CHURCH, WHAT'S AT STAKE?
Well, to put it in a nutshell: the unity of the body, your own spiritual growth, protection,
and blessing are all at risk when you're disconnected from the body of Christ. As my pastor often says, there's no such thing as a
Lone Ranger Christian.
CHRIST'S BODY IS MADE OF MANY PARTS, YET IT IS STILL ONE UNIFIED ENTITY.
1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is made up of
many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. (NIV)
1 Corinthians 12:14-23
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the
body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not
belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body
were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as
he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary,
those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with
special honor. (NIV)
1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. (NIV)
Unity in the body of Christ does not mean total conformity and uniformity. Although maintaining unity in the body is very important, it is also vital to value the unique qualities that make each of us an individual"part" of the body. Both aspects, unity and
individuality, deserve emphasis and appreciation. This makes for a healthy church body, when we remember that Christ
is our common denominator. He makes us one.
WE DEVELOP THE CHARACTER OF CHRIST THROUGH BEARING WITH ONE ANOTHER IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient,
bearing with one another in love.
Thoughtful Faith for Your Life
Sign up to receive study aids and practical answers to help you grow spiritually and pursue an authentic, purposeful Christian
life. God bless us all

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Says About Church Attendance by elderhimself(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Too much too read........ read it for me please and give me your recommendations
Re: What Does The Bible Says About Church Attendance by zzzzy: 9:25am On Jun 25, 2017
Well, the church i see now is just a building where routines are carried out. Using the phrase "Church attendance" alone makes it so. By the way, when that verse(heb 10:25) was written, it said, "let us not give up". That means that was practiced at that time and they shouldn't stop, did they go to church?. The church isn't somewhere we go to, it's who "we" are

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 29/06/2017) Think In The Spirit / Signs,power / A Christian Model Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.