Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? (712 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by woye77: 8:17am On Jan 27, 2010
we do get these pictures in the media, on the web, in shops, everywhere and some people even hang them in their homes but how real are they?

Re: Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by ednut1(m): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2010
Its authencity cannot be confirmed. Those vatican idiots are behind those pics, just wanna mk jesus look white. I wonder hw christains will recognise him when he comes bk. Even devil is protrayed as black,wit horns the same devil who was once gods finest angel
Re: Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by Nezan(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2010
The second commandment prohibits worshipping/adoration of images/idols.
Re: Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by Image123(m): 11:11am On Jan 27, 2010
The pictures are not the real Jesus of course, but a product of the imagination. However, they have their uses especially for children both spiritual and natural. Every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ IS preached; and I therein do rejoice. Philippians 1v18
Re: Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by Kx: 11:17am On Jan 27, 2010
There was no camera those days but someone might have drew him for posterity
and most of the pix of him we now have may have had their roots from the drawn version.j[i]ust my thought[/i]
Re: Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by PastorAIO: 11:18am On Jan 27, 2010
Not even the product of the imagination.  Those pictures are the real face of a real man who wanted to by worshipped by posterity.  His name was Leonardo Da Vinci.  Prior to his fabrication of the Turin Shroud there were many and various types of images of christ, most with short hair and various features.  Since the Turin shroud was 'discovered' the image of christ became fixed and that is the image of God been worshipped ever since.  It looks remarkably like Leonardo da Vinci looked.  

At least that was the theory put forward in this documentary that I saw the other week.  
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFmAQcekbY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Pictures of Christ: How Real Are They? by bashdecash(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
whao, so Jesus had beards too? let me start keeping mine and i hope no 1 will call me boko haram. lol

(1) (Reply)

Wealth Of Solomon In Our Present Day / How Do You Feel About Public Preaching? / Our Rock And Fortress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.