Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Get Your Book Published, For Free! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Get Your Book Published, For Free! (2718 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Your Book Published, For Free! by wumfab(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2010
A dynamic publishing outfit is opening it's doors to previously unpublished authors to have a shot at the global stage.

Do you have a manuscript (novels or poems) that is long begging for print, then you got a one time offer to have it on the book stands.

talk to us today.

Call in to get the email address to forward your abstract/excerpt, so that we can assingn a reader to your work.

The Magic Wand Publishing.
+2348098643221,

Call now!
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by estrella(f): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2010
Is the magic wand publishing outfit a charity based organisation? Since when was publsihing free? May we please know where the catch is? Also,if you have done free publishing before,can we get a list of people and books you have published?
May we also know where the organisation is based? You must forgive me for my skepticism.Nothing is usually free least of all publishing!
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by MyneWhite1(f): 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2010
Thank you estrella, I would like to know that too.
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by slap1(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2010
@poster. Are you a gold digger?
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by adiona(f): 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
@SLAP 1, u can say that again, @poster where u dey nw, why u dey wait ansa, rotflamo!!!! i kinda wonda hw sm peeps reason, hw culd u just post this rubbish and xpect my my good freinds and i to send u the manuscript of our work, smfin we worked so hard to put together, gbara ogwu gi nuo nwanne, peace out
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by wumfab(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2010
Hi Guys,

Am sorry it took a while to respond to your queries.

MagicWand is not an NGO. we are based in Lagos Nigeria. The firm doesn't publish unsolicited submissions but recently, we decided to give unpublished authors a shot. Is there anything wrong with that?

we are not bent on having your abstract that is why we did post an email address. Abstracts are nothing but an overveiw of your work. if have issues with our legitimate intensions, we will appreciate you call in to have gray areas ironed out. On issues of our publishing been free, we have an author friendly package which we will like you all to consider. Please do call in for more enquiries.

We've already gotten a number of calls from within and outside Nigeria and we won't mind if you call in too.

Our only duty is serve you.

+2348098643221, 08059864322

MagicWand Publishing, where the magic is you.
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by estrella(f): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2010
On issues of our publishing been free, we have an author friendly package which we will like you all to consider. Please do call in for more enquiries.
Thanks for finally getting back to us. So getting the book published isn't free then? Just cost effective? Please don't be exasperated by my inquiry but may we know the names of people the magic wand has published at least? that ought to boost our confidence.I apologize for the skepticism expressed so far,you must realize that even sending an abstract of your work is risky.Many ideas for books or movies have been snatched that way.Please get back to us soon!
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by slap1(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2010
Be fast! Ma books are steaming. . .
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by DENISE17(f): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
i've heard all comments and what have u, i agree with the scepticism going about & also apologise for being another statistic but meanwhile, can we have at least a website where we can check what this wand has been wanding, grin
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by wumifab(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ Estrella
Dear,
I understand your fears.

On the issues of “free publishing”, I will have to reiterate, our publishing could come free. When our outfit decides to bear the burden of production cost for an author’s work with him or her not having to pay a dime, what will you say that is? Usually, we let the author and our negotiators decided on favourable pay-back terms. If such deal goes sour, who bears the brunt? Whose money just when down the drain? Ours not your. So I have to say again, our free means FREE.

As regards our previous works, we, under the name “The Illussionist” (formerly our trade name but now our graphic department/patner) have published several works, most published vanity, so we can’t take much credit for the success or failure as the case maybe. Our published magazine include (both print and electronic) Applause Africa, Epistles IV, TNE Journals, Green Magazine, The Nigerian Entreprenuer, Eko Mag to mention but a few. In books, we have so far gotten on book stands Of father and sons, Junior Teachers Hand Book,TNE BizGuide, Father’s Menu e.t.c. plus small hand books. Works on the pipeline include; Shores, Far Home, No time for tears (previously published but we’re planning on rebranding it), these are all books. Magazines include B&B, ChangeNigeria and host of other untitled books and magazines.

Finally on the issues of abstract submission, I have to state, ideas are considerably safe as abstarcts. Works go beyond just an idea but the writing prowess of the author has a lot to do determining the success or failure. Your work is an extension of you, no other person can be you. Prof. Wole Soyinka and J.P. Clark both wrote poems titled “Abiku”, despite the similarity in title, the concept they where expressing and to an extent, academic and writing skills, the two poems still came out distinctively different. Relax, you are safe with us. May I add, if forwarding an abstract is this “unsafe”, what will you say when you need to forward your first few chapters.

Estrella, I will really love to speak with you personally. Specifically ask for me, wumifab when you call. I read your short work –Unclinched and poem-Tortured Innocence. ‘Waiting to hear from you and other authors craving to be published.

Thanks,
MagicWand Publishing…where the magic is you.
+2348098643221, +23480598643

NB
Our website should be on and running in 2 weeks. Our email address will be sent to on request via a call.
Thanks for all the questions and observations. we cherish you all.
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by yeswecan(m): 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
I find your proposal very insulting, its A direct step on my intelligence.  I mean its like some infantile joke, You don't have a website AND your previous works were done on a different name plus your phone numbers are both mobile,  now who are you suppose to be? the owner of the publishing house or an advertising agent . i mean come on meeeeen
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by wumifab(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2010
@Yeswecan: i am a negotiator (or Account manager so to say) in MagicWand Publishing, each of us bring in clients and manage their account. That is how the biz run here and that is why i left my lines not the office links. sorry if i made you feel insulted at any time. Pls feel free to call and fix an appointment. You can come in to see things urself. And may i add, is there anytin wrong with changing a company name? i discovered u had issues with the fact that our previous works were on another name (actually our previous yet functioning dept.)

Thanks,
MagicWand Publishing…where the magic is you.
+2348098643221, +23480598643

we published "a heart to mend" in nigeria and a host of others. check the list below of some

Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by Orikinla(m): 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
Is MagicWand Publishing duly registered or incorporated as a publishing company?

What insurance do you have for unsolicited manuscripts?
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by maedan(f): 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
Magic Wand, but you should have more proof of your existence than a phone number and some claims. We are not little kids here you know.
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by wumifab(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2010
@Orikinla: As regards insurance for manuscript, we do not encourage ANY writer to sen it his/her full script. All we accept is only a synopsis plus the first 3 chapters. the first 3 chapter will help us in appreciating the writer's skill and the synopsis will give a hang on the story. These am sure is safe enough for any work.
As regards meeting us, we are just a call away.
Re: Get Your Book Published, For Free! by MyneWhite1(f): 1:30am On Apr 10, 2010
I am workign with Magic Wand to bring my book to Nigeria and they are delivering so far.

(1) (Reply)

Deception - A Short Story / A Gift From The Heart. / STORY: Home Alone With My Step Brother…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.