Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

African Nations Cup: Nigeria Can Win The Tournament - Shaibu Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Nigeria Can Win The Tournament - Shaibu Amodu (724 Views)

FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 / Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Nations Cup: Nigeria Can Win The Tournament - Shaibu Amodu by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2010
http://www.goal.com/en/news/815/african-nations-cup/2010/01/26/1762242/african-nations-cup-nigeria-can-win-the-tournament-shaibu

The Nigeria coach is still confident that the Super Eagles can come out victorious,
By Stefan Coerts
Jan 26, 2010 2:36:00 PM
* Nigeria

Nigeria haven't exactly been impressive so far during the African Nations Cup, but the Super Eagles still made it into the semi-finals after a hard fought victory against Zambia on Monday.

Head coach Shaibu Amodu is not only glad that his men have salvaged the reputation of Nigerian football, but he's confident that his men can continue their winning streak and win the tournament.

"I was worried about the reputation of Nigeria, not for my position. It would not have been good to be eliminated again in the quarter-finals," said Amodu in his post match press conference.

"We had to overcome this obstacle, because Zambia are a very good team, attacking and defending together. I told my players that this would be one of our toughest matches.

"Since the first day, we said we had a team that could win the tournament. I know I have players who can do it. It is not the best right now, but we are getting better all the time.

grin well he is proving the naysayers (including me) wrong, maybe luck is some form of football strategy. or is there somethign extra that the SE have against other opponents
Re: African Nations Cup: Nigeria Can Win The Tournament - Shaibu Amodu by zionism: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2010
AMODU should go 2 hell. rubbish because he narrowly win zambia. wait 4 Ghana let them teach u a lesson. amodu must go,
Re: African Nations Cup: Nigeria Can Win The Tournament - Shaibu Amodu by Spyker: 11:17am On Jan 27, 2010
See this man Amodu playing okoso with 150 million Nigerians. This man has murdered the only sport that make people happy and he is counting on luck to win. He thinks winning a match is like a lucky guess in an objective exam. Rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Obagoal Called Unsophisticated Aka Maga / Decline Of The Nigerian Super Eagles, Part I / Predict World Cup Scores And Win Cash Prizes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.