Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Increasing False Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Increasing False Prophets (441 Views)

Identify False Prophets, Preachers & Pastors / Prophets Speaks On Cause Of Ebony’s Death, She Went For Juju (video) / Sultan’s Misguided Comments On Adamawa Clashes Increasing Tension — Dami Mamza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increasing False Prophets by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
False prophets

Before now, I have been so worried about the increasing number of false prophet in the Christendom. The cause of my worry is not far fetch: it is because I felt that they are degrading Christianity and the finished work of Christ on the cross.

However, I have come to find out something which I am going to share now. There is nothing under the sun that is going to take God by surprise, neither is the false prophets you see are cause of worry to God. Jesus Christ speaking in Matthew 24:24 foretold that in the end time false prophets shall arise and show great signs and wonders. The false prophets you see today are in no way cause of disgrace to the body of Christ. What they are and what they are doing is that they are fulfilling prophecies just Judas Iscariot fulfilled prophesy by betraying Jesus Christ. These false prophets don't represent Jesus Christ neither are they disgracing Him. They represent Satan and that is what they serve.

The works/fruits of false prophets may cause ignorant people to distance themselves from Christianity, but it cannot reduce who Jesus Christ is. The heartbeat of God is that we go through the Word win souls to the kingdom(Matthew 5:16 and John 15:cool rise to the call of evangelism.(2 Corinthians 5:18)

Written by Jokpa Ishaka

1 Like

Re: Increasing False Prophets by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Good evening everyone
Re: Increasing False Prophets by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 01, 2017
Yes....this seems to be the "gift" that many clamor for because it comes with somewhat notariety and fame.
And people worship "prophets"....cause they are benefiting in a certain way as well.
However, we have a blueprint and the Holy Spirit which can help us to discern the true from the false...
There a certain characteristics that a prophet should have.
We have not been left in darkness so as to be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Increasing False Prophets by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 07, 2017
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

(1) (Reply)

Eight (8) Things To Carry Like A Crate Of Eggs / Should We Interpret The Provisions Of Deuteronomy 21:18-21 Literally? / Billionaires Spends On Forever Young Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.