Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show (989 Views)

Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas / Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Recession Hits AMVCA, VIP Tickets To Be Sold; No Hotel For Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by timtunday: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
Edoho’s been the show’s host from inception

After 13 years of being on TV, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is going on an indefinite break as their sponsor, MTN, has pulled out.

The last episode aired today, Sunday, June 25, with the host Frank Edoho saying his goodbyes and hoping that the show is back on air soon.

Edoho later confirmed the end of the MTN sponsorship on his Twitter handle later on by saying ‘Sponsor no do again’.

Sadly, we are going on a break cos our sponsor pulled out. But we thank @MTNNG for being with us all these years. Please thank them for us.❤ https:///MC9EAgHwQp

— Frank Edoho (@frankedoho) June 25, 2017

Sponsor no do again. Just an indefinite break https:///RHqri60fO3

You know the funny thing? I said I wasn’t going to say goodbye but at the end of the show, I said -Goodbye. https:///r4Iv5IywdX

http://www.newspapersng.info/recession-hits-wwtbam-as-mtn-ends-its-sponsorship-of-the-show/

Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by verygudbadguy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Everything that has a beginning must surely have an end. But, I didn't see this coming. I thought they were making so much money.

I hope Frank saved a lot from his earnings over the years because this is more like a pause in his career. Nigerians no really dey watch the show again be dat as money no too dey.

This recession should go already. Abi e wan kee people finish? A lot of people have lost their jobs as a result.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by josephobaro(m): 11:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
All good things come to an end.
All bad things come to an end.
All things end.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by timtunday: 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
The thing tire me o. I also thought they were making so much from the show.
verygudbadguy:
Everything that has a beginning must surely have an end. But, I didn't see this coming. I thought they were making so much money.

I hope Frank saved a lot from his earnings over the years because this is more like a pause in his career. Nigerians no really dey watch the show again be dat as money no too dey.

This recession should go already. Abi e wan kee people finish? A lot of people have lost their jobs as a result.

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Jessidaisy4(f): 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
I watched it, the last contestant of the show walked away with 20,000. Hilarious! grin

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by ashewoboy(m): 12:16am On Jun 26, 2017
Jessidaisy4:
I watched it, the last contestant of the show walked away with 20,000. Hilarious! grin

you sha want likes. na wetin make you post the same thing for different threads. e nor funny, we nor laugh. make nobody give her likes.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Jessidaisy4(f): 12:21am On Jun 26, 2017
undecided
ashewoboy:

you sha want likes. na wetin make you post the same thing for different threads. e nor funny, we nor laugh. make nobody give her likes.
Is it some silly likes that will grant me access to Heaven undecided
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by tobisco29(m): 12:29am On Jun 26, 2017
Na so na wen moni no gree cum. Its either you close down or you change stratgies...They should have reduced the amount instead of closing it down, cos viewers and players are benefiting from it. But i hope they did'nt end their andriod app game.. Cos me am planning to win N5000 again

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by ashewoboy(m): 12:32am On Jun 26, 2017
Jessidaisy4:
undecided Is it some silly likes that will grant me access to Heaven undecided

hypocrite.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by tolulinks(m): 12:38am On Jun 26, 2017
This is bad news. Just when I was prepping myself to replace frank edoho on the show. Its my dream show to host
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Jessidaisy4(f): 12:57am On Jun 26, 2017
ashewoboy:

hypocrite.
You're just dissing me cos I don't reply your msgs
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by ashewoboy(m): 1:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Jessidaisy4:
You're just dissing me cos I don't reply your msgs

really! what has that got to do with this? it's been long i sent you a message. i lost interest in you since the day you were asking whether the tip of a dick in your vagina could get you pregnant? really! someone else is fvcking the girl wey i dey toastcheesy. not interested in you anymore. i had to quote you because of my observation.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Jessidaisy4(f): 1:39am On Jun 26, 2017
ashewoboy:

really! what has that got to do with this? it's been long i sent you a message. i lost interest in you since the day you were asking whether the tip of a dick in your vagina could get you pregnant? really! someone else is fvcking the girl wey i dey toastcheesy. not interested in you anymore. i had to quote you because of my observation.
Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Good Night, God bless!
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by ashewoboy(m): 1:40am On Jun 26, 2017
Jessidaisy4:
Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Good Night, God bless!

ani you are a hypocrite. you wan deny am again?
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Jessidaisy4(f): 1:43am On Jun 26, 2017
ashewoboy:

ani you are a hypocrite. you wan deny am again?
Yes, I wrote such but it was a fiction. Why on earth will I let out such delicate issue on an online blog where my enemies could even be members
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by ashewoboy(m): 2:05am On Jun 26, 2017
Jessidaisy4:
Yes, I wrote such but it was a fiction. Why on earth will I let out such delicate issue on an online blog where my enemies could even be members

really! you didn't state it anywhere that it was?

na real life matter joorh. you wan dey change am now when them done scold you for the thread.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Jessidaisy4(f): 2:10am On Jun 26, 2017
ashewoboy:

really! you didn't state it anywhere that it was?

na real life matter joorh. you wan dey change am now when them done scold you for the thread.
If that's what you think, suit yourself.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by ashewoboy(m): 2:20am On Jun 26, 2017
Jessidaisy4:
If that's what you think, suit yourself.

not what i think, what i know.
Re: Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 26, 2017
omo! E don hit mtn hard ooo! But what could be the problem?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Latest Ghanian Movies And Correct English Movie / Moyo Lawal Campaigns For Flawless Makeup In Nudity / BIG BROTHER SEASON 5 LATEST UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.