Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM (557 Views)

Android Nougat Mod Custom Rom For Tecno W3 (ScreenShots) / AMAZING!!!! Galaxy note 4 CUSTOM ROM (NOTE 7 PORT WITH All S8 Features) / Androidone 5.1.1 Custom Rom For Infinix X554 (hot 3) [mt6580] Users Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by abdeiz(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2017
I use an infinix hot note x551 android running on cyanogen 12 custom ROM.

Can any experts in the house help me out on the process to change to a better custom ROM (I have gotten bored with it and it has some limitations) and the safest process i can use to avoid bricking my phone.

Do I have to change back to stock ROM first or should I change directly to another custom ROM.

thank you all fam
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by Prexblog(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2017
Firstly, I have to introduce myself. I blog at prexblog which link is via my signature and I help people over this stock ROM and custom ROM stuffs. I render services relating to phone issues.

Now, I think you should reverse back to stock ROM before you decides to flash in another custom ROM. Try to find a custom ROM that has no bugs and you will enjoy it better than this without limitation or restriction.

Thanks.
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by nurey(m): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2017
Changing from one custom rom to another doesn't need you to change back to stock rom. Just download the new rom, format your phone, clear davit cache, install new rom, install latest gapps and you are good to go.

For Samsung phones if you download the wrong version of a particular model it won't install the rom anyway.

1 Like

Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by abdeiz(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Prexblog:
Firstly, I have to introduce myself. I blog at prexblog which link is via my signature and I help people over this stock ROM and custom ROM stuffs. I render services relating to phone issues.

Now, I think you should reverse back to stock ROM before you decides to flash in another custom ROM. Try to find a custom ROM that has no bugs and you will enjoy it better than this without limitation or restriction.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot, seems this is the most failsafe method
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by abdeiz(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2017
nurey:
Changing from one custom rom to another doesn't need you to change back to stock rom. Just download the new rom, format your phone, clear davit cache, install new rom, install latest gapps and you are good to go.

For Samsung phones if you download the wrong version of a particular model it won't install the rom anyway.

Sorry if I have doubts about how safe this method is but have you ever tried it before?
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by nurey(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
abdeiz:

Sorry if I have doubts about how safe this method is but have you ever tried it before?

There is no magic in custom rom. As long as you have installed custom recovery on your Android you can move from 6.0 to 1.0 and back to 4.0, any version you like. Just ensure the rom is specifically designed for that model.

Yes my SG note 2 came with custom rom 4.4 (that rom stable die forgotten the name) and I just did my process and installed 6.0, I intend installing 7.0 too as soon as the rom has been confirmed stable. I don't like beta roms.
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
abdeiz:
I use an infinix hot note x551 android running on cyanogen 12 custom ROM.

Can any experts in the house help me out on the process to change to a better custom ROM (I have gotten bored with it and it has some limitations) and the safest process i can use to avoid bricking my phone.

Do I have to change back to stock ROM first or should I change directly to another custom ROM.

thank you all fam

You can search COMFORT ROM for infinix hot note.

And you don't have to revert to stock ROM before flashing a custom ROM
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by abdeiz(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
nurey:

There is no magic in custom rom. As long as you have installed custom recovery on your Android you can move from 6.0 to 1.0 and back to 4.0, any version you like. Just ensure the rom is specifically designed for that model.

Yes my SG note 2 came with custom rom 4.4 (that rom stable die forgotten the name) and I just did my process and installed 6.0, I intend installing 7.0 too as soon as the rom has been confirmed stable. I don't like beta roms.

Thanks so much... you have really been helpful
Re: Changing From One Custom ROM To Another Custom ROM by abdeiz(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
iyke926:

You can search COMFORT ROM for infinix hot note.

And you don't have to revert to stock ROM wrote before flashing a custom ROM

Cool now I have confidence to go ahead

(1) (Reply)

Ntel Launch Nova Smartphone: A 4g/volte Phone In The Body Of A Feature Phone / Appleā€™s Next Flagship Is The Iphone X, Not The Iphone 8 / Enjoy GLO Free Data Day On October 31, 2017 With 200mb Free Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.