Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" (28878 Views)

Fela Kuti Married 27 Wives And Took Them To Ghana For Honeymoon (Throwback Photo / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / Omawumi Meets Wyclef Jean In New York (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by UnbrokenChords: 11:13am On Jun 26, 2017
The Greatest Success in Life is to be remembered even after you are gone.

Nigerian Music Legend, Fela Kuti has had a lot of Tributes to his name since his passing. He Revolutionized music by giving the people a voice through melodious sound in his time, this touched and still continues to touch the hearts of many today -as it did Wyclef.

Wyclef Jean, an award winning American singer has disclosed that the forth of his song his new upcoming album [Carnival III: The Fall and Rise of a Refugee] is tiltled “Fela Kuti”.

You might wonder what a Nigerian Music Legend has in common with Wyclef, well thats away from the fact that both are into music of course. -Well, Wyclef put some similarities together, he said;

‘Fela Kuti studied jazz in England. Wyclef studied jazz at Vailsburg High School. Fela Kuti then went back to his country and tried to help his country by running for president. Wyclef, you know, did the same thing.’

‘Fela Kuti’ was produced by Supah Mario, with Wyclef deciding to work with the producer after hearing his work on Young Thug‘s song, ‘Wyclef Jean.’

‘This is what happens when you put two generations together that inspire each other,’

The artist revealed his reason for naming the song “Fela Kuti”. He stated;

‘I decided to name it Fela Kuti because for me, I feel like we be thinking of [Bob] Marley, we give a lot of people from our past props, so when the kids hear Fela Kuti, I really want them to Google it.’

He added, ‘For me, the same way kids can have songs called ‘Wyclef Jean’ who are influenced by me, I want kids to know who Fela is and what he means.’

http://www.unbrokenchords.com/wyclef-pays-tribute-fela-kuti-titles-new-song-fela-kuti/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpVORC3LZ0

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Tolexander: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2017
‘I decided to name it Fela Kuti because for me, I feel like we be thinking of [Bob] Marley, we give a lot of people from our past props, so when the kids hear Fela Kuti, I really want them to Google it.’
That is legacy!

Wonder what legacy "skiboroboskibo, skiboroboskibo" will leave behind.

256 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by GrayAces: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
Greatness is by hard work and inspiration
... it's not by shouting "Pepper Dem Gang, Oh Baby"

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by abeniagbon(m): 7:16am On Jun 27, 2017
Fela a legacy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by IamOpemipo(m): 7:29am On Jun 27, 2017
Every body say yeah yeaaaaa grin grin grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by AKPOSbaba: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2017
My new song title: Wyclef Jean
#LegendsOnly

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by HottestFire: 8:29am On Jun 27, 2017

Fela's lyrics are prophecies for the past, current and future generations.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by UnbrokenChords: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2017
No be lie
HottestFire:

Fela's lyrics are prophecies for the past, current and future generations.

17 Likes

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Legendary

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by adeniyi3971(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
why not Evans chuckwudubem somtochukwu ?

7 Likes

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by OrdercityWeb: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
The great Abami Eda himself

For the indomie generation who don't know who Fela is, read this and thank me later https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fela_Kuti

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by hucienda: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fela!

20 years on! Legend!

#Respect!
cool

9 Likes

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by NextGovernor(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
And someone somewhere is singing "banana fall on you". I guess banana is going to remember him later in life.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by cbkingbeatz(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Chairman..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by DieBuhari: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fela rightly described Buhari as an animal

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by ednut1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Favourite lyrics -
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- Buhari dey
Na craze man be dat
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- Idia-gbon dey
Na craze man be dat- oh
Animal in craze-man skin-i

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Beverages: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
#Legendary!!
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by madridguy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by gabazin080(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
fela is not only a legend but a prophet. he saw the future.

he spoke against this old re-cycled thieves ruling us

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by teamsynergy: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
baba fela was a prophet, freedom fighter and a daredevil who saw the future. just like most hardcore reggae artistes. now before u start throwing jabs at some new generation artists, know that everybody got his own calling... till now old folk in ma area still listen to Sir Shina peters, Dayo kujore, kolington, tunji oyelana. so if u think lil kesh , 9ice, pyhno, bado and co are gonna fade off without leaving any indelible mark on our music industry and lifestyle, then u are definitely living in mars.... who u EPP sef.

much love clef

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by johnjay4u2u(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
lesson for upcoming artistes

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by ttemmi(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Though gone, but his legacies live forever.

Continue to RIP Abami Eda.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Bueze95(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fela ni, Kuti ko
Wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Success02(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
God bless you Me Wyclef
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by wintersnow(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Wyclef still remains Nigeria's number 1 boxer..
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Benekruku(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
And Efe, Olamide, Reminisce, Lil`Kesh and co will bve waxing noise on beatz

I doubt if they think about the legacy there music will leave behind after they gone.

They just go into the studio and start recording any noise that comes out of there mouth

No one wants to be like an Asa, TuFace, Art Alade, Femi Kuti, Beautiful Nubia, Adekunle Gold, BankyW and the likes...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Nutase: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tolexander:
That is legacy!

Wonder what legacy "skiboroboskibo, skiboroboskibo" will leave behind.

Well, he sang about his Mum, maybe kids too will remember him for that.

Michael Jackson was remembered for break dance, Jordan was remembered for that Nike Air what ever where he stayed on air few seconds, who knows... He may be remembered for speaking in tounge.

Calm down.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uche Ogbodo Welcomes Baby Boy, Her Third Child / I Never Knew My Husband Was Meant For Me – Tonto Dike-churchill / Majid Michel Meets Aliko Dangote (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.