Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,591 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" (31037 Views)

Davido: Special Spesh Wrong For Parading Helen, Susan — Police / Judge Throws Out Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro's Divorce Suit - SDK / No Sex Until Marriage: Linda Ikeji Is Wrong For Getting Pregnant - Funto Ibitoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

That a man is the leader of the house does not mean that it is a master/servant relationship. It just means that the man takes the final decision on matters affecting the family when he and his wife might not come to a consensus.
see your choice of words, final decision indeed, what if that decision is a bad one?,it is this i am the boss mentality we are talking about
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
see your choice of words, final decision indeed, what if that decision is a bad one?,it is this i am the boss mentality we are talking about

Lol. In anything in life a person always make the final decision that others have to follow; that is the key behind human success. The decision can be good or bad; that's just life for you. A decision must be made.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
I need me a ghanaian wifey to have and to hold.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by tosyne2much(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
Deseo:
All dis wan no consain me o; Love me, I submit to you. Simple sontinss
There's nothing like having a submissive wife
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. In anything in life a person always make the final decision that othe rs have to follow; that is the key behind human success. The decision can be good or bad; that's just life for you. A decision must be made.
I hear,the universe knows that is why unreasonable and men who are not analytical turn me off, so if he wants to begin to fight for headship I can let my mind be at rest knowing he is not going to sail the ship into an iceberg with poor judgement and poor decision making
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
Saintsbrown:
Don't mind them.
I believe The golden rule in marriage is stated in d bible.
" Man love ur wife, wife should be submissive to the husband"
These days ladies claim equality in marriage, that's y the number of broken homes in d west is on d rise.
God bless u and ur generation with what I just read from u.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by cococandy(f): 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Run your own marriage how you want. Don't tell others how to do theirs

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by cococandy(f): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

That a man is the leader of the house does not mean that it is a master/servant relationship. It just means that the man takes the final decision on matters affecting the family when he and his wife might not come to a consensus.
Why him?

He's smarter or you've been fed to believe his decision must be better? Such blatant sexism. It's disgusting.

Guess what? In a normal relationship if they can't reach a consensus, one of the parties will have to yield. Yes.

Sometimes it can be the woman, sometimes it can be the man. The woman does not always have to drop what she wants so the man can get his way. How these things sound okay to you people is beyond dumbfounding to me.

I always feel deep disgust when I read such things. Like how can another human be so full of themselves that they believe what the other person wants is unimportant compared to their wants.

It's highly irritating to people with functional brains.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
cococandy:

Why him?

He's smarter or you've been fed to believe his decision must be better? Such blatant sexism. It's disgusting.

Guess what? In a normal relationship if they can't reach a consensus, one of the parties will have to yield. Yes.

Sometimes it can be the woman, sometimes it can be the man. The woman does not always have to drop what she wants so the man can get his way. How these things sound okay to you people is beyond dumbfounding to me.

I always feel deep disgust when I read such things. Like how can another human be so full of themselves that they believe what the other person wants is unimportant compared to their wants.

But we indeed have instances where the man yields to the woman but it rightly has to be the exception and not the rule. A man is generally the leader of the home and I feel that it is one of the concepts all humans should just accept. I once supported giving leadership to whomever was "fitter" but I now feel it is wrong. A man's temperament does not support following a woman in family situations. He has to lead. Just learn to accept it the same way you accept that there is a God in heaven. Trying to reverse it is a battle that nobody can win.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
I hear,the universe knows that is why unreasonable and men who are not analytical turn me off, so if he wants to begin to fight for headship I can let my mind be at rest knowing he is not going to sail the ship into an iceberg with poor judgement and poor decision making

Yeah. Marry analytical and courageous guys and follow their lead sometimes like you follow Jesus. If you can't you can always divorce.

1 Like

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by PDPGuy: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
cococandy:

Why him?

Aunty, I know you are married, but I love you for posting this comment.

You are a true daughter of your parents

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by demsid(m): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
is this girl real? I go like to unwrap and confirm this her package o.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by darlenese(f): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, actually the wedding gown and wedding jacket are western culture it has nothing to do with equality, you can simply wear your native wedding outfit to office. grin

Women are more praise in wedding than men, i guess no equality. grin

My dear .there is no equality at all
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Yeah. Marry analytical and courageous guys and follow their lead sometimes like you follow Jesus. If you can't you can always divorce.
why must you assume everyone is a brainswashed blind follower ,I can smell sarcasm ,by the way I dont go to church , definitely, its better to get a life jacket than sink with the ship

1 Like

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by tintingz(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
darlenese:

My dear .there is no equality at all
You can tell that to queen Elizabeth or Oprah Winfrey.

Saying there is no equality at all is fallacy.

There is equality and equity.

You won't be there typing this from your phone if there is no equality, you either be in the kitchen or the other room.

1 Like

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
why must you assume everyone is a brainswashed blind follower ,I can smell sarcasm ,by the way I dont go to church , definitely, its better to get a life jacket than sink with the ship
Hmm. Religion is not the only thing we follow blindly sha. We follow many things blindly just so that we could stay sane.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Hmm. Religion is not the only thing we follow blindly sha. We follow many things blindly just so that we could stay sane.
other things like?
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
other things like?
somethings like our moral ethics which we are taught from birth, our values etc. If you look deep you will discover that there is no really no anchor on which base most of our morals,desires and values. Some of them are even illogical but we follow them because doing otherwise would deprive us of our ability to function like normal beings. To function in society you need some form of stupidity. Have u heard of skepticism.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

somethings like our moral ethics which we are taught from birth, our values etc. If you look deep you will discover that there is no really no anchor on which base most of our morals,desires and values. Some of them are even illogical but we follow them because doing otherwise would deprive us of our ability to function like normal beings. To function in society you need some form of stupidity. Have u heard of skepticism.
morals,ethics, hehehehe,that was probably in the 19th century not in this generation
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
morals,ethics, hehehehe,that was probably in the 19th century not in this generation
Huh? We still follow them till date nah. Not all but most like care for others, don't kill and shit.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Huh? We still follow them till date nah. Not all but most like care for others, don't kill and shit.
I beg your pardon but do you need values and morals not to kill?,anyway I get your point sha
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
I beg your pardon but do you need values and morals not to kill?,anyway I get your point sha

Of course nah! Most people refrain from it subconsciously but when following it becomes inconvenient it is then that you will realise that it is a choice and to avoid doing it you would need to make a decision to stand by that moral.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Of course nah! Most people refrain from it subconsciously but when following it becomes inconvenient it is then that you will realise that it is a choice and to avoid doing it you would need to make a decision to stand by that moral.
alright,i hear you,thanks for your time, enjoy the rest of your day
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
alright,i hear you,thanks for your time, enjoy the rest of your day

The day don finish. Good night.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

The day don finish. Good night.
alright,good night
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by lereinter(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
lilian yansh
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Men are really trying o! so na person dey control des resource? Aal izz well
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Bism(m): 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
abeg jor! women of her size dont give me the shivers. DONT LIKE THEM ALL LOOK LIKE A BAG OF RICE.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Owill1(m): 4:28am On Jun 28, 2017
l don finally confam say na Ghana gal i go marry.
Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 01, 2017

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2017
cococandy:

Why him?

First time someone made 100000% sense in a comment.

1 Like

Re: Lilian Larkai: "It's Wrong For A Woman To Claim Equality With A Man In Marriage" by ArcToyin(m): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2017
tintingz:
What if the wife is the breadwinner of the house? undecided
She still have to submit if she is a believer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show / Peter Okoye And Diddy Pictured Together / Seun Kuti Appoints Femi Falana As His Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.