Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Privilege Of Knowing God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Privilege Of Knowing God (1019 Views)

Can Someone Be Possessed Without Knowing? / The Importance Of Knowing The Most Beautiful Names Of Allah / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
[img]https://2.bp..com/-EUMLQzMkpJc/WVJdWa_3kXI/AAAAAAAAAkU/VgJgxvr7ZEgAt6y96vBycRnBCt6wkE2VACLcBGAs/s320/The%2BPrivilege%2Bof%2BKnowing%2BGod.jpg[/img]

There is no greater privilege than knowing God—and no greater tragedy than failing to develop a relationship with Him. Yet many people live their entire life apart from Jesus, and therefore, when they die, they are separated from Him eternally.
While on earth, both the righteous and unrighteous enjoy benefits of divine blessing (Matt. 5:45), so those who choose to live without Christ probably have no clue how dreadful a godless eternity will be. Some people seem to ignore the Bible’s warnings about “outer darkness,” “weeping,” and “gnashing of teeth” (Matt. 25:30). Or perhaps they’ve simply never heard the good news of salvation. Yet Romans 1:18-20 tells why such an excuse won’t hold up: Creation offers so much evidence of God that man is held accountable for unbelief. Consider nature’s design, beauty, and order—these things don’t just evolve.

CONTINUE READING HERE http://www.penthetruth.com/2017/06/the-privilege-of-knowing-god.html
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

There is no greater privilege than knowing God
I'm more interested in this claim.

Where and how did you know God?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm more interested in this claim.
Where and how did you know God?
I knew God when my eyes of understanding got enlightened
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
Some people seem to ignore the Bible’s warnings about “outer darkness,” “weeping,” and “gnashing of teeth” (Matt. 25:30).
let me see how knowledgeable you are. who wrote the gospel of matthew??
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

which god?? becux i know of more than 5000+ gods claimed to be authentic by diff. religions. and i don't think only your god should be the authentic one..
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
let me see how knowledgeable you are. who wrote the gospel of matthew??

Mathew did,Sir/Ma
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
which god?? becux i know of more than 5000+ gods claimed to be authentic by diff. religions. and i don't think only your god should be the authentic one..

Do you believe in God?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

Ok.

I thought you knew a God.
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Ok.

I thought you knew a God.

'a' is an article used to refer to a particular thing.What difference does it make?lolz
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

Do you believe in God?
am a deist.
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

'a' is an article used to refer to a particular thing.What difference does it make?lolz
undecided
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
am a deist.
Oh so you do believe!how great is that
Who do you know God to be?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

Mathew did,Sir/Ma
hahaha. your delusion starts here. none of those persons whose names were ascribed to those gospels wrote them. the four gospels were written in C.E 2 i.e 2nd century. it is believed that those four gospels were written by early christains who neither witnessed christ (thats if he ever existed) but wrote it from what they heard (which makes it inaccurate).
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

Oh so you do believe!how great is that

Who do you know God to be?
i don't believe in a god as humans termed it. i believe that there exist a higher being who created the world but doesn't interfere in our affairs..
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
hahaha. your delusion starts here. none of those persons whose names were ascribed to those gospels wrote them. the four gospels were written in C.E 2 i.e 2nd century. it is believed that those four gospels were written by early christains who neither witnessed christ (thats if he ever existed) but wrote it from what they heard (which makes it inaccurate).

Ok
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
i don't believe in a god as humans termed it. i believe that there exist a higher being who created the world but doesn't interfere in our affairs..

This being you believe in.Why did he create the world?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

This being you believe in.Why did he create the world?
thats what makes me a deist. i don't know his/her reasons.
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
thats what makes me a deist. i don't know his/her reasons.

Aren't you curious as to why he created the whole world?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

Aren't you curious as to why he created the whole world?
i don't care since he doesn't interfere.!
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
branhampaul:
i don't care since he doesn't interfere.!

Are you really sure he doesn't interfere?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
martins80:

Are you really sure he doesn't interfere?
answer this; if you got kids, will you watch them kill & murder one another?? answer that, then apply it to your god..
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 8:11am On Jun 28, 2017
branhampaul:
answer this; if you got kids, will you watch them kill & murder one another?? answer that, then apply it to your god..

Sounds like you believe he is your father....oh well,you do know there exist something called "self-will"......remember those times you was a kid and you went against your parent wish to get something you really want or went against your parents advice?you know it is not good but you still wanted your prevail anyway....relate it to this
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2017
martins80:

Sounds like you believe he is your father....oh well,you do know there exist something called "self-will"......remember those times you was a kid and you went against your parent wish to get something you really want or went against your parents advice?you know it is not good but you still wanted your prevail anyway....relate it to this
so how does this proves your god is authentic??
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
branhampaul:

It is an answer to this....
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
branhampaul:
so how does this proves your god is authentic??

Just because evil things happen does not mean a supernatural being in this case who is God allowed it....Life is simple yet we(humans) make it so difficult

Get it?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
martins80:

Just because evil things happen does not mean a supernatural being in this case who is God allowed it....Life is simple yet we(humans) make it so difficult

Get it?
so why do you attribute "pleasant things" to god and not the "evil stuffs".?
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
branhampaul:
so why do you attribute "pleasant things" to god and not the "evil stuffs".?

Quote me where I did that....
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by branhampaul: 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
martins80:

Quote me where I did that....
Thats what christains do. and you are one of them.
Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by ifenes(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
OP I am God,you are God. God means power. Once you know you have power that's it. You pray to God because you think there is an outside force that has power right? Can you imagine the huge difference it will make if you knew you were this God. Man know yourself!

4 Likes

Re: The Privilege Of Knowing God by martins80(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
branhampaul:
Thats what christains do. and you are one of them.

You made a general assumption;it's not a good thing to make assumptions...You have knowledge but lack wisdom(no offence) but u ap applied your knowledge wrongly here.A wise man knows better tham to assume things.

Because guys do fraud;does that mean all guys are fraudsters?.......

(1) (Reply)

They Butchered Three Girls And Cut Off Their Private Parts In My Presence For Mo / This Testimony Gave Me Goose Pimples All Over My Body Today In The Lord's Chosen / Why Is There No "Thanksgiving" In The Lord's Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.