Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

#mcm: Ycee – Nigerian Rapper And Songwriter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #mcm: Ycee – Nigerian Rapper And Songwriter (510 Views)

US Rapper And Old Town Road Singer Lil Nas X Unclad Pictures Leaked / Ycee Looking Hot In His New York Photoshoot / Ycee, Are You A Cultist? - Fans Ask After He Shared This Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#mcm: Ycee – Nigerian Rapper And Songwriter by Opistorincos(m): 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2017

It is very difficult to start a wave and continue in it, especially in the music industry which is the interest of a great number of youth. Without mincing words, it is almost impossible for a musician to ‘blow’ if there are no upcoming artistes. That is why our Crown Feature for today is no other person but Oludemilade Martin Alejo who you know as ‘Jagaban’ or ‘Ycee’.

The Songwriter, singer and rapper extraordinaire broke into limelight after ‘Condo’, a single that featured Patoranking and earned him 2 nominations at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) in 2015, although he has been in the industry since 2012 even as a student in the University of Lagos (UNILAG).

In spite of the fact that uncle Ycee ditched me with an unlooking selfie at Adekunle Gold’s listening party in Lagos about this time last year, I’ll try to disarm my self of all comments for now (but I should not lie, it pained me).

If you’ve heard ‘too much juice, too much sauce’ and you pronounce it right, congrats. But as for those that will say ‘too much shoes, too much socks’ let me still doff my hat for you. For a fact that I’ve always been a die hard Ycee fan, I won’t deny the obvious about his good music and lyrical prowess. Right from Smile on Me, up until Juice; you cannot deny the fact that this guy is yet to reach his peak. I know you will disagree with me, but after ‘the Juice and Sauce‘, I believe his next best track is Omo Alhaji because of the entrance of beat after hearing that ‘Tiny Entertainment baby’ (only few people can understand the joy that track gives me).

Now we can talk about Su Mi and the others….oh waaaaaaaaaaait, we can’t forget his Panda cover (I melted after hearing it). There should a “Best of Ycee” disc where we can listen to all the tracks back to back.

Sadly, of all his nominations, Ycee has only won one (Headies Rookie of the year 2015). However, I don’t think that’s a minus to him because not everybody can be awarded; we can use our own Jay Jay Okocha as an example.We wish Ycee all the best life has to offer and more awards, hit tracks and no more dissing of David when he wants to take selfie.

http://www.theartofade.com/mcm-ycee-nigerian-rapper-and-songwriter/

(1) (Reply)

You Begged Me For A Picture In Malaysia, Phyno Hits Hushpuppi Back / Cristiano Ronaldo & Son Cuddle His Newborn Twins (photo) / Campus Gists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.