Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:59 PM

Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car (23913 Views)

Brand New Car Batteries / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers / Swap Your Dead Or Weak Inverter Batteries For A New One! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by murphine22(m): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
cecegorz:
Very nice article...
Some 2weeks back, my fan belt snapped at night on the Eko bridge, cuting off alternator rotation and thus my battery was running without being charged. I had to drive it that way till i got to the stadium and have my mechanic replace the belt. I guess the Reserve capacity was quite good.

On the Warranty issue,
I'm not sure any of the batteries sold in Nigeria can hit 2yrs not to talk of 3.

Since i started buying car batteries for almost 10 years, none has ever lasted more than 1.5years.

If anybody has used any bought-in-Nigeria battery for up to 3years, please i need your supplier.

cc:obafemee80
Forgo batteries has lasted about 3year without replacement. Unfortunately it got stolen last month

1 Like

Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by murphine22(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
miqos02:
is there any product that is not made in China these days ??
Korea batteries seem to be better
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by murphine22(m): 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
obafemee80:
[img]http:///a/img922/6531/GlCp9k.jpg[/img]

A battery is one of the most important parts of your car. The efficiency of the battery has an effect on the general efficiency of your car. In order to ensure that your car starts and runs efficiently, you should only buy good car batteries.The following tips will help you in identifying a good car battery.

Size and Type:
Size in this context refers to width, length, and height of the battery.The rights size will perfectly fits securely in your car's battery tray.This prevents battery damage by keeping vibration to a minimum.A car battery that is too small can rattle around in the battery tray and suffer short life. 

Shelf Life:
It is not advisable to buy a car battery that has been on a store shelf for more than six months because batteries lose their strength over time,even when they are not in use. You can verify this information by checking the date stamp code.The date gives you specifics on the year of manufacturing.

Maintenance Free:
There are two types of batteries with regard to maintenance requirements – low maintenance and maintenance free.
Low maintenance batteries would require you to top up distilled water every so often. These batteries are good if you live in hot areas. Maintenance-free batteries do not require water to be added.
Low-maintenance batteries are cheaper compared to maintenance-free batteries.

Check the CCA(Cold Cranking Amps):
Checking the CCA – cold-cranking amps – enables you to determine the ability of the battery to start your car even during extremely cold conditions.The CCA also indicates the amount of current a battery can sustain for 30 seconds at zero-degree temperature.Higher CCA is recommended, especially for cars in cold areas.

[img]http:///a/img924/1284/CX31ul.jpg[/img]

Tips on Choosing the Suitable Cold-Cranking Amps Rating for your Car Battery:
Check your owner's manual/battery top to check the CCA rating specified for your car battery.

Do not choose batteries with CCA rating which is much lower or much higher to the rating recommended by your car's manufacturer.

If both your car's battery brand and exact CCA rating level are not available,you may choose a bit higher(not much and not lower)your car's CCA requirements.

Consider The Reserve Capacity(RC):
Before you buy a car battery,you should know how long that particular battery could run using its power alone.This rating indicates the number of minutes a fully charged battery at 80 ° F will discharge 25 amps until the battery drops below 10.5 volts.Should your alternator fail,a battery with a good reserve capacity will save the day,allowing you to start the vehicle within a certain time frame.

A Strong Warranty:

Look for at least a three-year replacement warranty.Some brands offer longer warranties,or a prorated refund if your battery dies within a certain time after the replacement warranty expires.

https://autojosh.com/tips-buy-best-car-batteries-car/
I used ve problem with changing car batteries atmost every 1.5years, until I used Forgo Battery product. It has lasted me for 3yrs Forgo Battery products met all the qualifications, it's the best Battery products I've everything used.
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by murphine22(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
murphine22:

obafemee80:
[img]http:///a/img922/6531/GlCp9k.jpg[/img]

A battery is one of the most important parts of your car. The efficiency of the battery has an effect on the general efficiency of your car. In order to ensure that your car starts and runs efficiently, you should only buy good car batteries.The following tips will help you in identifying a good car battery.

Size and Type:
Size in this context refers to width, length, and height of the battery.The rights size will perfectly fits securely in your car's battery tray.This prevents battery damage by keeping vibration to a minimum.A car battery that is too small can rattle around in the battery tray and suffer short life. 

Shelf Life:
It is not advisable to buy a car battery that has been on a store shelf for more than six months because batteries lose their strength over time,even when they are not in use. You can verify this information by checking the date stamp code.The date gives you specifics on the year of manufacturing.

Maintenance Free:
There are two types of batteries with regard to maintenance requirements – low maintenance and maintenance free.
Low maintenance batteries would require you to top up distilled water every so often. These batteries are good if you live in hot areas. Maintenance-free batteries do not require water to be added.
Low-maintenance batteries are cheaper compared to maintenance-free batteries.

Check the CCA(Cold Cranking Amps):
Checking the CCA – cold-cranking amps – enables you to determine the ability of the battery to start your car even during extremely cold conditions.The CCA also indicates the amount of current a battery can sustain for 30 seconds at zero-degree temperature.Higher CCA is recommended, especially for cars in cold areas.

[img]http:///a/img924/1284/CX31ul.jpg[/img]

Tips on Choosing the Suitable Cold-Cranking Amps Rating for your Car Battery:
Check your owner's manual/battery top to check the CCA rating specified for your car battery.

Do not choose batteries with CCA rating which is much lower or much higher to the rating recommended by your car's manufacturer.

If both your car's battery brand and exact CCA rating level are not available,you may choose a bit higher(not much and not lower)your car's CCA requirements.

Consider The Reserve Capacity(RC):
Before you buy a car battery,you should know how long that particular battery could run using its power alone.This rating indicates the number of minutes a fully charged battery at 80 ° F will discharge 25 amps until the battery drops below 10.5 volts.Should your alternator fail,a battery with a good reserve capacity will save the day,allowing you to start the vehicle within a certain time frame.

A Strong Warranty:

Look for at least a three-year replacement warranty.Some brands offer longer warranties,or a prorated refund if your battery dies within a certain time after the replacement warranty expires.

https://autojosh.com/tips-buy-best-car-batteries-car/
I used to ve problem with changing car batteries atmost every 1.5years, until I used Forgo Battery product. It has lasted me for 3yrs now
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by cluewebhost(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
miqos02:
I don't think that is possible now,I bought battery last week, the highest they gave me is 6months. the last I bought 2 years ago had 1year waranty

I'm thought as much, because I bought the same exide in the post from their authorized dealer and was given just 6 months.
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by mrmakios092: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
the best way to boost your account
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by miqos02(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
murphine22:
the warranty remain 6months too
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by Lovechyld101(m): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2017
miqos02:
is there any product that is not made in China these days ??
lol look out for the ones made in Korea they will serve you better.
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by ifyalways(f): 9:38am On May 21, 2018
My battery failed me this early mo mo. Solite. angry

BTW, my small tuke tuke with Varta battery of years plus saved the day.

I want a new battery, any recommendations? I called wavetra the supposed distributor of Varta and the quote they gave me was not Buhari Friendly cry
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by ifyalways(f): 9:39am On May 21, 2018
Lovechyld101:

lol look out for the ones made in Korea they will serve you better.
Like?
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by greggng: 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
murphine22:

I used ve problem with changing car batteries atmost every 1.5years, until I used Forgo Battery product. It has lasted me for 3yrs Forgo Battery products met all the qualifications, it's the best Battery products I've everything used.

How much is 75 arms of forgo battery?
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by Karen458: 9:00am On Feb 03, 2019
Thank you so much for such a fabulous guide. Everyone should read this guide before buying a [url="https://www.oklahomaautoparts.com/charge-car-battery-without-charger/"]car battery[/url]
Re: Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car by nurd(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
Thank you for this guide. When researching car batteries, I know there are many different types and there are different price points and qualities too. For a normal car, I'm sure there are popular brands around.

However, if you want to buy for any other machine with four wheels, do you have specific recommendations? For example, many people in the US use ATVs and may need a battery for it like the one in this guide. Choosing that is actually easy. But what about others like that, does the same battery for normal car make sense?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lamborghini Huracam Is The World’s Fastest Camera Car With A Top Speed Of 125mph / Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos) / Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.