Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram (30755 Views)

Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Owodiran1(m): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2017
This one weak me i no go lie you grin grin[color=#550000][/color]
highrise07:
living in Nigeria alone is a challenge
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by lovethchioma(f): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2017
Lanceslot:
When they are through, I will start my own Offor Challenge.
Lol .... weldone sir
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Lanceslot(m): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2017
lovethchioma:
Lol .... weldone sir
Hope you are gona participate?
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2017
adetayo234:

Read between the line and you will agree you are myopic. Do you know who Jesus is? He is God in human form.

He answered the Pharisees that "once you see me, you have seen my father." What should that tell you?

Even while he was in the womb, Elizabeth couldn't help exclaiming that "....the mother of my Lord has come to visit me"

Do you even understand the meaning of 3 in 1? Holy Trinity? It means 1 person appearing in 3 forms. So, Jesus is God, the same way the Holy Spirit is God.
Ofcourse he appears in three forms and the other form tells us to call on the junior form inorder to be accepted by him, senior form. Yet you all call on the mother as if she has power to help us access God. Wack

God exists but you Catholics have twisted this thing. You do it so subtle its almost unnoticed. The only person we are suppose to be calling for any help or for whatever reason is Jesus and not Mother Mary. Dont twist it please.

Mother Mary simply was chosen to give birth, she is not in any form the way through God or serves as any help to human kind. She is only praised for she gave birth.

Pray for us in our hour of death. What power does she have? You'll pray to her to do what? Zilt

Have a lovely day. Truce bother
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by endove(f): 9:53am On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=HisMajesty1 post=57936865]Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with thee,
Blessed are you amongst women and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus!Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and the hour of pur death

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 29, 2017
from Allelulyiah Challenge(olowogbogboro)...to
Catholic challenge Rosary challenge
next will be Islam koran challenge ...and the final one will be....

Juju challenge grin
Keep challenging urselves

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by stunningjudy(f): 9:55am On Jun 29, 2017
jagugu88li:
Ofcourse he appears in three forms and the other form tells us to call on the junior form inorder to be accepted by him, senior form. Yet you all call on the mother as if she has power to help us access God. Wack

God exists but you Catholics have twisted this thing. You do it so subtle its almost unnoticed. The only peraon we are suppose to be calling for any help or for whatever reason is Jesus and not Mother Mary. Dont twist it please.

Mother Mary simoly was chosen to give birth, she is not in any form the way through God or serves as any help to human kind. She is only praised for she gave birth.

Pray for us in our hour of death. What power does she have? You'll pray to her to do what? Zilt

Have a lovely day. Truce bother

How did Jesus perform the miracle at the wedding feast in Galilee? Who asked him to do that? what do you call the act of Mother Mary towards the couple?

You are a governor and I come to ask for a favour through your mother whom you love so much, would you turn me down?
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by lovethchioma(f): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2017
Lanceslot:
Hope you are gona participate?
grin grin ..... you are not serious ooo
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2017
stunningjudy:

How did Jesus perform the miracle at the wedding feast in Galilee? Who asked him to do that? what do you call the act of Mother Mary towards the couple?

You are a governor and I come to ask for a favour through your mother whom you love so much, would you turn me down?
Sweety, I see what you are saying. I wont answer yor question coz you are again trying to divert it. It doesn't matter how much Jesus loves his mother, the only person we should pray to to access God and his glory is Jesus.

The bible says so too. Through Jesus the only son we should pray to God. There is a reason for him being "sacrificed" on that cross.......hence he holds the keys to Almighty.

But your example is not example enough for us and our daily lives. A mother naturally would have want3d to take the place of her son on that cross, but Mother Mary didn't. Jesus was destined for it and so we should pray to Him.

Enjoy your day
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by stunningjudy(f): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2017
Dear jagugu88li, salvation is personal. If you feel Catholics are wrong, feel free to keep it to yourself. This thread stated Catholic, try to ignore anything Catholic. It will make you happier. Cheers!!

Have a splendid day. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2017
stunningjudy:
Dear jagugu88li, salvation is personal. If you feel Catholics are wrong, feel free to keep it to yourself. This thread stated Catholic, try to ignore anything Catholic. It will make you happier. Cheers!!

Have a splendid day. grin
Sorry if I came out rude, really wasn't meant to be like that. Really sorry

Truce.
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by uniqueogo(f): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2017
HisMajesty1:
Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with thee,
Blessed are you amongst women and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus!

holy Mary, mother of God pray for all sinners now and at the hour of our death. amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by AntiPonzihater: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2017
ajigiteri:
Instead of them to invest same effort on evangelising.
No other church does evangelisation more than the Catholic Church.
Go and ask about the "legion of Mary".
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Nickymezor(f): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2017
ikukuhero:

Rubbish! People like you are the major problem with Christianity. Divisive mentality. Your mindset shows that you focus on denomination and not Christ. The body of Christ - the Church is meant to be one. But, that'll never be again because u have accepted hate speeches, brainwashing and doctrines of superiority of one denomination over the other. Christianity is about Christ , living like Christ and nothing else.
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by xnsandrxns: 11:03am On Jun 29, 2017
Amberon11:
Are you alright? Bitter? Nah! You were the first person to insult Christians here and when I clap back you call me bitter? You people come on christian threads spreading animosity and bitterness but cry wolf when given a deserving reply.

Google the word "fight" because it seems you know nothing of it.
Defender-in-chief of the christian god and sheepes
I never called any religion
I made a general comment about you dumb religious folks
Stop being bitter
Your dumbness is not my fault
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by monex(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2017
jagugu88li:
Exactly why I stoped all this bs.

God is three bodies in one but, Mary is the mother of Jesus and not God, note that. God says the only way through him is Jesus. Why then do we ask Mary to pray for us during our last hours?........abomination right there.

Read between the lines. Catholism is wack, changes the truth right infront of you and goes unchallenged.

Believe what you must though, they say its a free world before they delude you.

Catholic doctrine believe that Jesus was God even while on earth and thus Mary is God's mother. Unless we will discount the doctrine of trinity

asking Mary to pray for us is actually from the doctrine of "Communion of the saints". Catholics believe that saints in heaven can pray for us here. This does not discount that Jesus is the only way. Catholics tell Mary (and/or other saints) to pray for them the same way you asks your pastor or mum or friend to pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by smogup: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
ajigiteri:
Instead of them to invest same effort on evangelising.
[b][/b] Saying the rosary is more efficient than going out to Evangelise as you can convert people even without talking to them. The Rosary is so powerful. You should try it.
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by happyheart(f): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
Xoxo
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by happyheart(f): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
How can you leave the saviour and concentrate on his mother? I can never accept catholic teachings.I will never attend a catholic church... When invited to a catholic wedding, I wait in the reception venue. If na catholic remain, I will gladly become atheist
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by chikk(f): 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
HisMajesty1:
Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with thee,
Blessed are you amongst women and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus!

Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Amberon11: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
Thrash! Cry baby. Cure your insanity before quoting me. I'm done reading or replying you. I only converse with sane people so goodluck talking to your shadow. [s]
xnsandrxns:

Defender-in-chief of the christian god and sheepes
I never called any religion
I made a general comment about you dumb religious folks
Stop being bitter
Your dumbness is not my fault
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by Amberon11: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Asking dead people to pray for you is not the same as asking the living to pray for you. It is very much much biblical to ask people to pray for us. References of this are all over the bible but it is highly unbiblical to ask dead people or even angels (which we are higher than) to pray for us.
monex:

Catholic doctrine believe that Jesus was God even while on earth and thus Mary is God's mother. Unless we will discount the doctrine of trinity

asking Mary to pray for us is actually from the doctrine of "Communion of the saints". Catholics believe that saints in heaven can pray for us here. This does not discount that Jesus is the only way. Catholics tell Mary (and/or other saints) to pray for them the same way you asks your pastor or mum or friend to pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by monex(m): 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amberon11:
Asking dead people to pray for you is not the same as asking the living to pray for you. It is very much much biblical to ask people to pray for us. References of this are all over the bible but it is highly unbiblical to ask dead people or even angels (which we are higher than) to pray for us.

i only pointed out that asking Mary to pray for them is not because they worship her but because they believe in communion/intercession of saints. I never said the communion of saints doctrine is biblical. most biblical references i see supported it are in the second canon which is not part of the popular bible (1st canon).

so i cannot say you are wrong.
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by monex(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amberon11:
meanwhile do you have biblical references to support that we are greater beings than angels?

I would be interested and grateful for that. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by stunningjudy(f): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
happyheart:
How can you leave the saviour and concentrate on his mother? I can never accept catholic teachings.I will never attend a catholic church... When invited to a catholic wedding, I wait in the reception venue. If na catholic remain, I will gladly become atheist

Why did you jump into the thread when you clearly saw Catholic? Stop judging and move along. Did anybody drag you here? Learn to mind your business.

Have a beautiful day.
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by xnsandrxns: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amberon11:
Thrash! Cry baby. Cure your insanity before quoting me. I'm done reading or replying you. I only converse with sane people so goodluck talking to your shadow.
I can't imagine how bad you must feel right now
I apologise for making your life miserable since last night
Now Bleep off my mention
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by farem: 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
JOACHINpedro:
you just said it all " GRIEVED". but bro what if the idea was brought up by the pope himself,trust me, you would be knocking yourself out when you see billions participating. from the Post, it was just a kind of prayer to end this year's Marian Year which i know you had not the slightest inkling that there was such, it is not to compete with other churches,and believe it or not most catholics partook in the so called 'hallelujah thing' of yours. besides the rosary challenge is only Nigeria Based.
Most church members are slaves of themselves, purposely discomforting themselves on other denomination matter

OK. But there's nothing bothering me about the Rosary whatever, but the childish and grieving aspect of it is the word 'Challenge '. It may have gone unnoticed if they haven't added that to it.
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by KENFERDYOORI(m): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
xnsandrxns:

How about you try freedom?
How about you open your mind to all the possibilities around you?
Not this thing you people have been doing for generations and yet still have nothing to show for it
There are only so much things a religious mind can achieve
Free yourself from this shackles bro

How free are you, and who told you religion keeps people in bondage?
Re: Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram by JOACHINpedro: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
farem:

OK. But there's nothing bothering me about the Rosary whatever, but the childish and grieving aspect of it is the word 'Challenge '. It may have gone unnoticed if they haven't added that to it.
OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Esther Ajayi Hosts Sanwo-Olu Ahead Of Dedication Of Lagos Cathedral (Photos) / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Can A Soldier Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.