Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,254 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Scott Parker Announces His Retirement From Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scott Parker Announces His Retirement From Football (451 Views)

Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scott Parker Announces His Retirement From Football by brugge007(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
Scott Parker has called time on his 20-year playing career.
The former Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham midfielder has announced his retirement from the game at the end of a career during which he won 18 England caps.
Parker was named Football Writers Player of the Year for 2010-11 and was part of the Three Lions squad which competed in the European Championship in Poland and Ukraine the following year.

In a statement confirming his decision to quit, Parker said that now is 'the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life'.
He said: 'The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.
'When I started my career at Charlton Athletic all those years ago I could only have dreamt at that time just what was to follow over the next two decades. I feel incredibly honoured and proud to have enjoyed the career that I have and I've loved every moment of it.'
Parker turned professional at Charlton after coming through the rank at The Valley.
His performances for the Addicks over the course of seven years brought him to the attention of Chelsea, who spent £10million to sign the midfielder in 2004.
That same year he was placed on the standby list for the Euro 2004 England squad, though he didn't make the cut for the tournament in Portugal.
He would go on to win 18 caps for his country and captain his country on one occasion - a friendly against Holland at Wembley in 2012.
Things didn't work out for Parker at Stamford Bridge - he only made 15 league appearances for the Blues before leaving for Newcastle.
After two years he was on the move again, this time to West Ham where he rediscovered some of the best form of his career.
In 2011 he moved across the capital to Tottenham and two years later was transferred to Fulham.
He remains the only player to have represented five London clubs in the Premier League.

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney To Play For Everton In Tanzania / Sure Football Predictions For Tuesday 11th July / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTIONS (13/07/2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.