Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,403 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript (2156 Views)

How To Upload Files To Firebase Cloud Storage Using Javascript / How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript / How To Create A Simple Calculator (using Javascript ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript by SirBronn: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
I'm working on a web app using JavaScript and PHP. I need to integerate DigitalPersona fingerprint reader into the app. I have downloaded One Touch SDK and it includes activeX control and a nice UI demo in VB.net. I want to call the activeX control with javascript whenever the user clicks a button and have it send fingerprint images to a php code but I don't how to go about it. I have done some research on how to do that and I glimpsed that I have to include an object tag with a classId in the html codes.

Unfortunately, I don't know what classid to use nor which of the DigitalPersona package to call. If it's possible to call the VB demo that would be awesome.

Please anyone with experience on how achieve this? I would be eternally greatful for your help.
Re: How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
StackOverflow would be your best bet. Nairaland programmers hardly help sadly.

1 Like

Re: How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript by SirBronn: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ezechinwa:
StackOverflow would be your best bet.
Nairaland programmers hardly help sadly.

I have equally done that yet no result
Re: How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript by GoodMuyis(m): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
JavaScript and PHP? Using their java applet is more simpler, as it will commutate with JS or the PHP.

I once saw a tutorial on stack sometimes ago
Re: How To Call Digitalpersona One Touch Com-activex Sdk Using Javascript by Phourxx(m): 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
Did you know only IE supports ActiveX control? And did you know you might need to enable some stuffs on the IE to use it?

Here are 2 suggestions for you,

- Using ActiveX + another app that captures biometrics + Ajax

Here you could implement the sdk with a desktop app, then launch the app from within IE using ActiveX of course, after launching you want to keep making ajax call to your server to check for a column in your db, this column would be modified by the biometrics app after enrollment by making a request to a URL, once a change has been detected from the web, you want to redirect your user to the necessary page. Quite rough right? sad

- Using another biometrics app + Ajax
For this one, you want to simply ignore the ActiveX part, and when it gets to where biometrics capture is needed, you launch app manually, and then keep making ajax requests behind the scene.

Meanwhile, I'm not saying calling your sdk isn't possible, I'm just providing alternatives.

bonne chance

(1) (Reply)

Guys, I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue Please. / Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition / Exam Prep - Fun Exam Preparatory App [new]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.