Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Malaysia Airlines Set To Launch Flights-tracking Satellites To Track Planes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Malaysia Airlines Set To Launch Flights-tracking Satellites To Track Planes (355 Views)

Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport / Air Peace, Emirates, Turkish Airlines To Launch Flights From Port Harcourt / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Malaysia Airlines Set To Launch Flights-tracking Satellites To Track Planes by SageTravels: 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Following the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 with 239 passengers on board on March 8, 2014; the airline has become the first carrier to embrace a satellite flight-tracking system.

According to BBC report, the soon-to-be-launched satellite network will be used by the airline to monitor its flights in areas where there is currently no surveillance, including Polar Regions and remote areas of the oceans.

In a statement to Bloomberg, Malaysia Airlines Chief Operating Officer Izham Ismail said “Real-time global aircraft tracking has long been a goal of the aviation community. We are proud to be the first airline to adopt this solution,”
The airline reached a deal for the service provided by US-based Aireon, FlightAware, and SITAONAIR.

Planes deviating from a flight path will be able to be identified more quickly with the system, SITAONAIR’s portfolio director Paul Gibson told the BBC.

“With access to up-to-the-minute reporting, Malaysia Airlines will know the location, heading, speed and altitude of all aircraft in its fleet, at all times, and be alerted to any exceptions,” he said.

http://sagetravels.com/malaysia-airlines-set-launch-flight-tracking-satellites-track-planes/
Re: Malaysia Airlines Set To Launch Flights-tracking Satellites To Track Planes by allstarcomic(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
OKAY, WE DEY WAIT.

SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK TIME TO WACTH MY FIRST COMEDY, AND I ALSO APPRECIATE YOU ALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS, I REALLY OWE YOU GUYS A LOT, I PROMISE TO DELIVER A BETTER CONTENT FOR YOU GUYS.
ALL YOU SAID SHALL BE TAKEN IN TO CONSIDERATIONS .
WHILE PREPARING FOR MY NEXT SHOOTS. HERE IS THE LINK TO MY COMEDY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL92gqe9MQ&spfreload=10

(1) (Reply)

Five Simple Tips For A Healthy Tour / 6 Die, 4 Injured In Lagos-sagamu Road Crash / Nigerian Immigration Uses Torch After Power Failure At Lagos Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.