Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

My Body Transformation – How I Burned Belly Fat Without Supplements - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Body Transformation – How I Burned Belly Fat Without Supplements (401 Views)

Woman's Body Transformation Surprises Social Media Users (Photos) / Lady Shares Her 3-Year Amazing Body Transformation Photos / Lady Shares Photos Of Her Amazing Body Transformation In Less Than A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Body Transformation – How I Burned Belly Fat Without Supplements by kingjaja23(m): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
source: http://www.fitnaijaweb.com/how-i-burned-belly-fat-without-supplements/

transformation

It was May 2014, I was in my fourth year in the university. I never really paid attention to my diet and my body, all I did was wake up, attend classes and eat basically. That was my triangle lifestyle. I remember how roommates called me kung fu panda, though not because I knew kung fu, because of the extra pound of flesh I had around my mid section. I knew that at some point I might have to lose weight, but I did not know when and where to start.

I was the laziest among my friends, not physically fit or strong, bad at all sports, and a snorer. I always thought that I might have to lose weight sooner or later, but motivation was my only problem. How do I change myself? Where do I start? Who do I model after? These were the questions I asked myself.

My turning point

I was in my second semester, and it was school tradition to do social events. So I attended this free BMI test organized by the med students. That was when all hell was let loose. I remember throwing tantrums at the lady for calling me overweight. I weighed 99kg (218lbs) on an empty stomach. How can that be, I asked her, she laughed and said “oga go and do exercise”. I still hear the echos in my head

Self motivation

It’s one thing to want to do something, it’s another to actually do it. So i started surfing the internet for weightloss tips, workout motivation etc. I exhausted my data downloading Youtube videos, I needed motivation and then i accidentally stumbled on one of Flavour’s workout pictures. I knew I had to be like him, though I didn’t have the looks or the height, I just needed the body.

Workout routine

It was not difficult to start working out in school, the environment was ‘exercise friendly’ and there was also a gym. But it was what to do.

I started basically with early morning runs, sit ups and push ups, everyday for 1 month. But I still weighed the same. Then I decided to add weight training to my routine. Contrary to popular beliefs that weight lifting is for overly muscular folks, it can also be used to burn fact effectively.

I did this 4 times a week for 3 months. When I resumed for my final year someone called me “sexy beast”, I almost died of joy. I was seeing progress but I had not reached my goal.

Then I added compound exercises and HIIT to my routine. Compound exercise target 2 or more muscles at the same time; they include dead lifts, squatting, bench press etc

I continued this program thrice a week through out my final year. When I graduated I set a target to meet my “Flavour goal” before NYSC.

I started losing weight fast, and in October 2015 I weighed 74 kg. Never felt more proud of myself.

Nutrition

I have learned that you can never out train a bad diet. Doesn’t matter how many miles you can run, or how many sit ups, you can do. A bad diet distorts your program.

I began with cutting soda and every other coloured drink known to man, cutting carbs and late night meals. I also had a poor eating habit. I ate when I was sad, happy, lonely bored, any mood caused me to eat. I stopped processed foods like noodles, spag, etc. I had to cut out virtually every food that made me happy. That’s the price you have to pay.

Summary

I’ve sustained my motivation through watching videos and always aspiring to be a better person. Don’t wait for a doctor to ask you to lose weight, if you don’t feel comfortable in your body, then hit the gym. I’m always looking for more motivation. So if you need a workout partner, buzz me at obi@fitnaijaweb.com.

Stay fit. Stay strong

Follow me on instagram: Kingobi23

Check out my fitness blog: www.fitnaijaweb.com for more tips

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Female Nigerian Student Who Discovered New Treatment For Breast Cancer / Only For Ladies: Free Whatsapp Health Seminar On Menstrual Cycle!!! / How To Prevent Food Poisoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.