Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Today I Renounce Athiesm - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today I Renounce Athiesm (2837 Views)

Dawkins Is Wrong! The Fastest Growing Religion Is Athiesm, Souls are Perishing! / Beware, Athiesm Can Lead You To Kill Yourself / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by bennyann: 8:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
do we really need labels?
I am a human!
grin

Are you scared your humanity will be taken from you? grin
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
No for real guys atheism is too dismissive
I still think religion is bullshit but to rule out the possibility of a higher force or something that we have yet to understand is just total bull man
"I don't know but is certainly can't be a celestial being" is already contradictory. If you don't know how would you then know it's not a celestial being( note I'm not using religious representations of a diety cuz they are still shit as usual. I know some atheists don't think this way anyway but to the ones that read Lawrence Krauss book trying to explain how the universe came out of nothing or pseudo -philosopher Richard Dawkins( I have a lot of respect for the man btw but he sucks balls at philosophical arguments cheesy) and start using them as your creed then you need to change that herd mentality cuz you aren't in any war better then the sheeple religious people you criticise. These constant daily arguments between athiests and thiests are pointless because in the end no one is changing sides. You can get along fine with religious people. I mean I know some can be judgemental and all but you still meet a lot of good honest religious people. And it is a useful tool imagine a world without religion. How would you tell the average Nigerian market woman who is a single mom working 9 to 5 shifts so her children can at least get an education in a shitty country like this that there is no God . I wouldn't see anything wrong with a lot of christians going on a murderous rampage to execute all the Sunni and shite Muslims in the country if they find out religion is a lie.
In the end I think all I'm trying to say is live and let live. If this was the mantra of humanity the world would be a better place than it is now.
I believe you have come to the same conclusion I and I believe many other people both here and beyond have come to.

The arguments
The back and forth arguments are becoming a vicious cycle of the same old arguments ad nauseam.
Believer : God exists
You : Which God?
Believer : My God. He is the only true God. He created the universe.

You : What makes your God true and the others fake? And if God created the universe, Who created him??

watch, rinse, cycle repeat.

Except for the occasional arguments that actually Makes sense combined with the sheer nauseating stupidity and arrogance of theists, The arguments degenerate into a monster thread with 20 pages.

and the same shii repeats itself over and over in NL.

Even worse and more alarming is on facebook atheist pages where the only thing they do there is dish out insults to most questions regarding religion, although to be fair, most questions there are really stupid.

And this is not even touching the Nigerian situation o, where hordes of people passionately believe in the power of prayer and faith moving mountains and stuff.
Why?? Because they believe that's the only thing that works. And if we are being lenient, Who can fault them?? This system is shit anyways.

I believe that until we bridge the massive gap between our current predicament to a decent standard of living, this "battle" will merely be an online exercise. Same shii happened to the Ancient Greek Philosophers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
SirWere:

I believe you have come to the same conclusion I and I believe many other people both here and beyond have come to.

The arguments
The back and forth arguments are becoming a vicious cycle of the same old arguments ad nauseam.
Believer : God exists
You : Which God?
Believer : My God. He is the only true God. He created the universe.

You : What makes your God true and the others fake? And if God created the universe, Who created him??

watch, rinse, cycle repeat.

Except for the occasional arguments that actually Makes sense combined with the sheer nauseating stupidity and arrogance of theists, The arguments degenerate into a monster thread with 20 pages.

and the same shii repeats itself over and over in NL.

Even worse and more alarming is on facebook atheist pages where the only thing they do there is dish out insults to most questions regarding religion, although to be fair, most questions there are really stupid.

And this is not even touching the Nigerian situation o, where hordes of people passionately believe in the power of prayer and faith moving mountains and stuff.
Why?? Because they believe that's the only thing that works. And if we are being lenient, Who can fault them?? This system is shit anyways.

I believe that until we bridge the massive gap between our current predicament to a decent standard of living, this "battle" will merely be an online exercise. Same shii happened to the Ancient Greek Philosophers.
100%!
Scratch that
101%!!
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Aaronsrod: 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

REPENT!
OR END UP IN ODIN'S POT OF STEW!
cheesy

Sin never prevail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Became More Afraid Of Islam When I Saw This Pix / Opinion: Ibeyomie Should Stop Defacing Port-harcourt With His Ugly Face / Odm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.