Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite (552 Views)

Monetizing My New Blog With Ads / Does Adsense Pays Well On Nigeria Target Blog / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using An Online Payment Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite by patriotsam: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
Help nairalanders, I'm about to build a Nigerian target site; .com.ng domain to be precise. I've read a lot of nairalanders reviews about it and I didn't find any pros about it. I also found out that other advertising agents like media.net won't even approve it because the traffic will only be from Nigeria.
Please, if you have a monetised Nigeria target site here, let me know the rate at which you earn like how much you earn per pageview.
Thanks for your replies in advance.
These are some screenshots to back my claim

Re: Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite by patriotsam: 10:31am On Jun 29, 2017
Re: Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite by Emmysky(m): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
No situation is permanent. com.ng is good for a start and if u are targeting nigerian audience. If you feel you are financially boyant, then it's best to get a .com but if it's not so, go for .com.ng

BTW, know that traffic is not something you get overnight. You haven't even started and ur're talking of Media.net. I can get 6 Nigerian Adsense acct approved easily but to get a media.net is harder. Start first then along the way, you can move on.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite by patriotsam: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Emmysky:
No situation is permanent. com.ng is good for a start and if u are targeting nigerian audience. If you feel you are financially boyant, then it's best to get a .com but if it's not so, go for .com.ng

BTW, know that traffic is not something you get overnight. You haven't even started and ur're talking of Media.net. I can get 6 Nigerian Adsense acct approved easily but to get a media.net is harder. Start first then along the way, you can move on.

Thanks man, but my question is that the site I'm about to build is Nigeria traffic only prospective and from people reviews, it's like a website with Nigeria traffic only won't yield much. I just want people to let me know if it is advisable to go for Nigeria target site. Thanks.
Forget about that media.net, I just used it as example
Re: Pros And Cons Of Monetizing Nigeria Target Wrbsite by Emmysky(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
patriotsam:

Thanks man, but my question is that the site I'm about to build is Nigeria traffic only prospective and from people reviews, it's like a website with Nigeria traffic only won't yield much. I just want people to let me know if it is advisable to go for Nigeria target site. Thanks.
Forget about that media.net, I just used it as example
It depends on your brand or selling point. If the website you want to build is just for Nigerians, Then targeting Nigerian audience.
Concerning the bolded. yeah, Nigerian traffic doesn't offer high CPM and their CPC is also low. But that doesn't stop you from acheiving your aim. Just start with what you have in mind and let your passion also guide you.

P.S Are you planning on building a blog or a website?

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers: Easiest Place To Get Sponsored Post Opportunities / Please Help.... Hosted Blogs Are Not Showing On Any Of My Browsers / Namecheap Ultimate Hosting Plan Valid For 3yrs For Sale @ N63,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.