Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days (2380 Views)

Inside Volkswagens Massive Glass Towers Where 800 New Cars Are Stored For Pickup / Top 5 New Cars That Are Uglier Than Their Older Models. (PHOTOS) / Flash Back 2006:Mazda Destroyed 4,703 Brand New Cars After Cargo Ship Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Soulsymbol99: 6:52am On Jun 30, 2017
Good day to u good people of this forum.
As d heading says, I hv noticed that most new cars come wit fake or would I say China sound systems. Toyota is d highest culprit on dis. I mean like a friends 2016 Prado bought brand new, hilux, Nissan altima, etc. All this cars hv same sound system wit innosson buses. Come be like say tokubo cars get better sound system like JBL, Sony (mainly wit Ford) etc than tear rubber.
Nt all tear rubber shaa grin
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by hisgrace090: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2017
Upon high cost of cars this days?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Not fake, unless they have swapped the factory radio for an aftermarket with better functions but poor build. Moreover OEMs equip cars with different level of audio based on the trim. For example Toyota will have the basic audio system on the lower trims and premium audio like JBL on the higher trims of their cars. Same thing with Honda. Though cannot be compared to mark and Levinson audio found in some German cars, but hey, Toyota owns Lexus and they have mark and Levinson in some Lexus models.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Soulsymbol99: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2017
greenhulk:
Not fake, unless they have swapped the factory radio for an aftermarket with better functions but poor build. Moreover OEMs equip cars with different level of audio based on the trim. For example Toyota will have the basic audio system on the lower trims and premium audio like JBL on the higher trims of their cars. Same thing with Honda. Though cannot be compared to mark and Levinson audio found in some German cars, but hey, Toyota owns Lexus and they have mark and Levinson in some Lexus models.
Yea, like d 2016 lexus rx350 cool machine! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Readonee35L(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
greenhulk:
I under what the op is saying.
The camry, prado ,fortuner ,landcruiser , corolla sold brand new in Nigeria are the middle east specifications popularly known as Dubai Spec.
This cars have stripped down options and accessories compared to the American spec.
My in law has a 2016 Camry Xle v6 (middle east spec) and I can tell you that the car is a little shitty , the display of the sound system looks like an mp4 player .
It has few options.
Note most of them don't have
Panoramic roof
Heated seats
Extra airbags on doors and curtains
intelligence sensors .
Tpms
e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by bsideboii(m): 11:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
Readonee35L:

The camry, prado ,fortuner ,landcruiser , corolla sold brand new in Nigeria are the middle east specifications popularly known as Dubai Spec.
This cars have stripped down options and accessories compared to the American spec.
My in law has a 2016 Camry Xle v6 (middle east spec) and I can tell you that the car is a little shitty , the display of the sound system looks like an mp4 player .
It has few options.
Panoramic roof
Heated seats
intelligence sensors .
Tpms
e.t.c

I can't agree more sir.Well said .But u expected the guys in the middle east to demand a higher standard of automobile spec.

1 Like

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 01, 2017
Readonee35L:

It has few options.
Panoramic roof
Heated seats
intelligence sensors .
Tpms
e.t.c

Lol at the embolded. Why would people in the middle east need heated seats? The one in my car is as useless as anything, I've never had any reason to use it. As for TMPS and other options, I expect every 2016 cars to have that already, and u said the camry is XLE? WTF.
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by sultaan(m): 2:24am On Jul 01, 2017
Is it possible that the Chinese clone of these cars are being sold as Toyota?
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by bravolad(m): 7:20am On Jul 01, 2017
Readonee35L:

It has few options.
Panoramic roof
Heated seats
intelligence sensors .
Tpms
e.t.c

The above unleashed my curiosity in thought; does it mean there's no universally acceptable standard adopted by these automobile manufacturers with different quality builds for different regions of the world?

I bet if they are to manufacture some automobiles to Africa & indeed Nigeria, it will not only be stripped down but would lack basic safety equipement such as airbags and may be seat belts.
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 01, 2017
The US have strict laws especially when it comes to safety and this is why cars imported from the US are more loaded. Things like airbags, Abs, Catalytic converter, etc are standard on all US cars. Meanwhile in the middle east or some other regions manufacturers still sell cars without Catalytic converter, ABS and airbags. In fact from 2008 upwards all US cars must have TPMS as standard.
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
bsideboii:
I can't agree more sir.Well said .But u expected the guys in the middle east to demand a higher standard of automobile spec.

Not everyone in middle East are rich though. And the rich ones there don't buy Toyotas. They buy Mercedes Benz , BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Soulsymbol99:
As d heading says, I hv noticed that most new cars come wit fake or would I say China sound systems. Toyota is d highest culprit on dis. I mean like a friends 2016 Prado bought brand new, hilux, Nissan altima, etc. All this cars hv same sound system wit innosson buses. Come be like say tokubo cars get better sound system like JBL, Sony (mainly wit Ford) etc than tear rubber.

Buy Mercedes Benz with Bose systems
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
greenhulk:

Not everyone in middle East are rich though. And the rich ones there don't buy Toyotas. They buy Mercedes Benz , BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc.
Tell conductor259. Toyotas are mainly for terrorists in the middle East

2 Likes

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by conductor259: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Tell conductor259. Toyotas are mainly for terrorists in the middle East
Toyota is for people with jobs. Whether na banker, teacher, president, Uber or even terrorist, you will find a Toyota suitable for you.

Unlike one shitty German brand that is synonymous with yahoo criminals cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by AmuDimpka: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
Soulsymbol99:

What do you expect..from Toyotas and co

Benz comes with Bose speakers as a standard
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by AmuDimpka: 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
Readonee35L:

It has few options.
Panoramic roof
Heated seats
intelligence sensors .
Tpms
e.t.c

LoL
Re: Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days by AmuDimpka: 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Buy Mercedes Benz with Bose systems

Last Christmas, I used my car to host a groove! The music system is awesome ...Bose speakers factory fitted

Benz don't .ake mistakes in entertainment system give it to them

(1) (Reply)

Chevrolet Aveo Or Honda Babyboy / Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? / 28 Million Maserati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.