Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need (2751 Views)

Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians / Who Else Has Noticed This? (christians Only) / *CHRISTIANS ONLY* Who Is Your Favourite Bible Villian And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 9:43am On Jun 30, 2017
Sometimes During my Prayer time (in tongues), I do have some unusual experience, doesnt happen always. And I will like to know whats going on.
After i must have prayed for sometimes, a moment will come when i will felt some kind of weight on my body, in which i do feel in body and in voice. Usally,when praying (with tongue) I do sound like a teenage speaking arabic, but after the strange moment, my voice becomes more deep as if the speech is coming by force out of my mouth. That doesnt stop me from praying though, I still continue till I had enough. But what is strange to me is after such moment I do felt exhausted, even till next day.

Initially I do think am hungry so I eat and drink (even sugary stuff) grin but still remain the same. Am aware that talking can get you exhausted and am a computer instructor who talks a lot, and drinking water will do, but this is different.

Can anyone relate to that, is it something I should allow or be careful of - Thanks

CC: Analice107, Bennyann, Gombs Flexiomor

==Modified==
I missed out some detail or used, coz I was in haste
1=> When I said weight, its not that am being pressed down, I mean feeling like my small body is being occupied by something big
2=> About my Voice, am not talking about being force or compel to talk, its feel like you are pushing a car and talking. And I wanted to pulse and continue its possible
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by An2elect2(f): 10:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Strange. It shouldn't get you exhausted since you praying with your Spirit not your body. So how do you feel in your Spirit after praying in tongues?
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by bennyann: 10:09am On Jun 30, 2017
GoodMuyis I will like to know if you have any hint on whether you have the gift of prophecy? From here I might know where to branch..
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by sonofthunder: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2017
May be just the burden of your prayer(s)... each prayer we pray carries a 'burden' which we need to pray off. An example was Jesus praying thrice for something before His betrayal as well as Elijah before the release of abundance of rain (7 times)... Yours might be different though.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by luvmijeje(f): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2017
GoodMuyis, my voice becomes more deep as if the speech is coming by force out of my mouth. That doesnt stop me from praying though, I still continue till I had enough. But what is strange to me is after such moment I do felt exhausted, even till next day
Sir, this is not normal. Something is off. 2nd cor 3:17 says
17 The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
You can't be truly speaking in the spirit and you feel exhausted rather you should feel refresh.

When next you feel that way, peel the blood of the Lamb and take back the control.

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by NoWorries7(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2017
You said weight? like heaviness? You felt it mostly on your shoulder, right? brother that is something else...
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
An2elect2:
Strange. It shouldn't get you exhausted since you praying with your Spirit not your body. So how do you feel in your Spirit after praying in tongues?

This doesnt happen always, just sometime, but on a regular basis I dont get exhausted its just for that unusual occurrence.

As per the feelings after prayer, I just feel like normal or maybe I dont usually pay attention sha
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
bennyann:
GoodMuyis I will like to know if you have any hint on whether you have the gift of prophecy? From here I might know where to branch..

Gift of prophecy I will say No, except am not aware of it

Tell me more...
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
NoWorries7:
You said weight? like heaviness? You felt it mostly on your shoulder, right? brother that is something else...

Not shoulder and It deosnt happen always
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
NoWorries7:

Not shoulder and It doesnt happen always
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by An2elect2(f): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
GoodMuyis:

This doesnt happen always, just sometime, but on a regular basis I dont get exhausted its just for that unusual occurrence.

As per the feelings after prayer, I just feel like normal or maybe I dont usually pay attention sha
The truth is praying in the Spirit is not suppose to cause exhaustion at all if anything it should do the opposite.

The reason we are to pray in the Spirit is to edify our inner self, and frankly you will be completely aware of the strength you gaining inside while on it. It's like physical exercise. You sway your hand to the right, your hand moves to the right and of course you feel your muscle strength. The result of praying in the Spirit is that it produces a burning desire to study God's word almost immediately in fear and trembling with utmost reverence for Him. And also, the feeling of repentance not remorse.

This has been my experience since 2013 when the Holy Spirit blessed me with the gift. Also, He has taught me not to pray in tongues in public or in a church if there is no interpreter. So I only pray in tongues in my private space.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by An2elect2(f): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
And Goodmuyis I will tell you what I always tell people. If the Spirit we have is not causing us to seek Christ in the word of God then we should quit giving it our time.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
An2elect2:
And Goodmuyi.s I will tell you what I always tell people. If the Spirit we have is not causing us to seek Christ in the word of God then we should quit giving it our time.

ALL NOTED
--
There are two things i know many christian crave after, Spiritual Experiences and Spiritual Maturity. The 1st is common especially among Pentecostals, but having an Orthodox background I have learn and being thought to go after the 2nd, while I accept the 1st as a gift and opportunity to function

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by Wilgrea7(m): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
if you felt heavy and weak, it means that during your activity, you were drained of spiritual energy instead of being replenished.. my opinion tho
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by bennyann: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Gift of prophecy I will say No, except am not aware of it

Tell me more...

Ok then, let me not branch into the prophetic gift.

It seems you've been trying to build yourself up spiritually by speaking in tongues as often as you can. Maybe so you can get to the level of Paul that spoke in tongues more than many cheesy

But I think when speaking in tongues, let your spirit sync with that of God so it will flow naturally with oneness with your spirit, soul and body. It makes it easier and doesn't give you stress.

In other words, don't use your head as you speak in tongues, try not to be conscious of it and just flow with the presence of God. Concentrate on the throne of worship fully and your tongues will flow peacefully and calmly.

I don't know if these thoughts I laid out are for you but you might gain something from it.

Another reason why you might have experienced that might be because there's something ahead you're to pray for but your flesh isn't aware of it, so the spirit try to prompt you to either dwell more in prayer or prepare you more for anything ahead. I think all we can do at that moment is just to worship God with our own words as the Spirit leads till He directs us.

But note: it is not a normal thing for Christians to feel exhausted when speaking in tongues, except you are a beginner.

Again don't force yourself to elevate yourself when it comes to speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues opens you up to God, to more spiritual gifts easily and when you force it, we wouldn't know what you're opening yourself to.

*these are all written in my own words, I'm not saying they are facts but from experience that's what I can gather*
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Sometimes During my Prayer time (in tongues), I do have some unusual experience, doesnt happen always. And I will like to know whats going on.
After i must have prayed for sometimes, a moment will come when i will felt some kind of weight on my body, in which i do feel in body and in voice. Usally,when praying (with tongue) I do sound like a teenage speaking arabic, but after the strange moment, my voice becomes more deep as if the speech is coming by force out of my mouth. That doesnt stop me from praying though, I still continue till I had enough. But what is strange to me is after such moment I do felt exhausted, even till next day.

Initially I do think am hungry so I eat and drink (even sugary stuff) grin but still remain the same. Am aware that talking can get you exhausted and am a computer instructor who talks a lot, and drinking water will do, but this is different.

Can anyone relate to that, is it something I should allow or be careful of - Thanks

==Modified==
1=> When I said weight, its not that am being pressed down, I mean feeling like my small body is being occupied by something big
2=> About my Voice, am not talking about being force or compel to talk, its feel like you are pushing a car and talking. And I wanted to pulse and continue its possible

Don't be bothered, speaking in tongues actually happens in psychiatric hospitals too, it's a normal. phenomenon.

All the tongues u have ever spoken has no meaning, U have never been able to interpret any, ur pastor couldn't interpret any, ur friends n family couldn't as well.

same applies to the ones spoken in psychiatric hospitals.

Pls use Google n read up about speaking in tongues. Science explains it perfectly.

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by Hier(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

==Modified==

it's a burden bro

Its called intercession or groaning like what happened to Jesus in Gethsemane.

www.nairaland.com/3885358/spiritual-experiences-encountered-christian see No 13 of the post, well, you can be helped by the rest
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by paxonel(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

==Modified==
After praying in tongues in this modern day(because you forget that bible days was ancient times, and at the time of ignorance of men God overlooked) what are your justification and benefits today?
A lot of scientists and analysts of success have done their researches and have invented technology and written books which have help other people to succeed in life, They are not ignorant again.
How is speaking in tongues now help other people and yourself?
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by ikeepitreal(m): 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
sounds to me like the OP gets possessed during prayer. By an evil spirit perhaps,i strongly suggest you quit praying in tongues for now and make use of a language you understand.
You might be speaking Aramaic or Sumerian and in that course,summon a minor imp that triggers exhaustion or so. Heed my words and there'll definitely be a difference.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
paxonel:

A lot of scientists and analysts of success have done their researches and have invented technology and written books which have help other people to [b]succeed in life, They are not ignorant again.[/b]
How is speaking in tongues now help other people and yourself?

You dont need to display your folly here at least you should have read the headline before you comment,OR pretend as if you did not see the topic.

If you have problem with the Topic I cant help you

PrecisionFx same goes for as above, But watching the video below will help you a lil bit, Science is not all about Disproving God existence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsDYBSQWdoo

If you cant watch Download its less than 5mb with 3gp option

http://ssyoutube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
ikeepitreal:
sounds to me like the OP gets possessed during prayer. By an evil spirit perhaps,i strongly suggest you quit praying in tongues for now and make use of a language you understand.
You might be speaking Aramaic or Sumerian and in that course,summon a minor imp that triggers exhaustion or so. Heed my words and there'll definitely be a difference.

Wrong suggestion: Evil spirit or whatever dont have warrant to posses a child of God - I John 5:18. And when a wrong spirit posses human it has a reason and for the next few days you will see the result.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by ikeepitreal(m): 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Wrong suggestion: Evil spirit or whatever dont have warrant to posses a child of God - I John 5:18. And when a wrong spirit posses human it has a reason and for the next few days you will see the result.
I was merely suggesting and you have every right to dispel my suggestion because you mightn't conform to it. I do strongly reiterate that the Op might have come under the influence of a foul spirit due to the lack of substance in prayer language. I say this because exhaustion isn't a relatively heavenly feeling and certainly can't be caused by a godly spirit.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
bennyann:

Ok then, let me not branch into the prophetic gift.

It seems you've been trying to build yourself up spiritually by speaking in tongues as often as you can

What I bold draw my attention. I hadly spent much time praying for myself, in less that 1/2 am done, I pray much for others. BUT I have being praying for a breaking-forth and breakthrough of evangelism in my area; fornication, smoking among youth, the number of young people (max-age 30) who have died is enough to make a serious evangelist cry, they died with no hope of Christ. And these are the one you will try to preach to but "Am a Christian, I have my own church" is there buckler, yet these are the one you will caught red-handed in wrong doing.

With such Issue at hand, no one need to tell me that the area need power of God's gospel, not many church as we have it.

I have read comment above that praying in tongue, you should feel refresh, this is normal thing for me in my personal-prayer, be it English Those that wait upon the Lord, have their strength renew.

BTW Thank,
Every comment on the thread count sha
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
ikeepitreal:

I was merely suggesting and you have every right to dispel my suggestion because you mightn't conform to it. I do strongly reiterate that the Op might have come under the influence of a foul spirit due to the lack of substance in prayer language. I say this because exhaustion isn't a relatively heavenly feeling and certainly can't be caused by a godly spirit.

Try and read the OP again...
I used the word felt not being, and I dont want to be modifying the OP every time people miss my explanation, Your comment count but where I strongly disagree I will point out. Filthy life opens the gate to foul spirit, not Holy Life.

We dont need to argue on this, your opinion count and i got your point
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

You dont need to display your folly here at least you should have read the headline before you comment,OR pretend as if you did not see the topic.

PrecisionFx same goes for as above, But watching the video below will help you a lil bit, Science is not all about Disproving God existence

``Science is not all about Disproving God existence`` bros like say u don de smoke that thing again oo. who told u i dont believe in God

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by paxonel(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Do not come up with all these crabs to beg the question, I have seen the topic and I am in line with it.
i did not ask the question to disprove the existence of God. grin
Simple question!
How does speaking in tongues help the speaker and humanity in this modern day where technology have been helping people?
Why will you so stress yourself killing yourself to hunger, yet nobody is benefiting?
No answer!
I expected you to sincerely say i don't know why, perhaps you were brainwashed by some church beliefs.
Rather, you are begging the question by bringing a video to prove the existence of God which i never disputed
Na wa o grin grin
Let me say this,
There has never been a time in the history of mankind that a man spoke in tongues and it invoked the help of God.
We are the ones to use our brain and effort to help ourselves and others. So, all your speaking in tongues to weakness and collapsing are mere spiritual exercises which can never be translated to the physical and you are seen to be a lunatic person except you interprete what you are saving and there is positive impact grin
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
[s]
paxonel:

Do not come up with all these crabs to beg the question, I have seen the topic and I am in line with it.
i did not ask the question to disprove the existence of God. grin
Simple question!
How does speaking in tongues help the speaker and humanity in this modern day where technology have been helping people?
Why will you so stress yourself killing yourself to hunger, yet nobody is benefiting?
No answer!
I expected you to sincerely say i don't know why, perhaps you were brainwashed by some church beliefs.
Rather, you are begging the question by bringing a video to prove the existence of God which i never disputed
Na wa o grin grin
Let me say this,
There has never been a time in the history of mankind that a man spoke in tongues and it invoked the help of God.
We are the ones to use our brain and effort to help ourselves and others. So, all your speaking in tongues to weakness and collapsing are mere spiritual exercises which can never be translated to the physical and you are seen to be a lunatic person except you interprete what you are saving and there is positive impact grin
[/s]

same old story, old song like parrot.

But hahn still think your comment is still useful for the below

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by geoworldedu: 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:

==Modified==

Brain disease. undecided
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by paxonel(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
GoodMuyis:
[s][/s]

same old story, old song like parrot.

But hahn still think your comment is still useful for the below
Obviously, you need a psychiatrist grin
It's people like you that are causing non christians to castigate Jesus Christ and Christianity and you are saying they are persecuting the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by GoodMuyis(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
paxonel:

Obviously, you need a psychiatrist grin
It's people like you that are causing non christians to castigate Jesus Christ and Christianity and you are saying they are persecuting the church

CooCoo DooDoo Trice - I careless
Insulted Trice - I still forgive you, am yet to raise any insult? that show hos christianly You are

Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by analice107: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
GoodMuyis:

==Modified==
I think that is the groaning of the Holy Spirit.
Re: CHRISTIANS ONLY: Spiritual Explanation Need by Blue86(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2017
wink[color=#006600][/color]
GoodMuyis:

==Modified==

Now whenever that stuff happens again.
Or you can do it now.
Command that every weight slowing you down on your life, that doesn't want to guarantee you speed or success. In the name of Jesus be destroyed.
Every evil spirit behind that weight in my life I cast you out in Jesus name.
God is just letting you know by physical feeling that a weight by an evil spirit needs to be dealt with.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Purpose And Usefulness Of Certain End-time Biblical Prophecies / Faith Is Trusting God, Not Belief In Doctrine / Is Time Endless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.