Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story (458 Views)

I Played Both Sides And Now I Can't Live With My Conscience. / When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. / Who Will You Take Sides With, Me Or My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story by lawrsmith(m): 1:13am On Jul 01, 2017
There are always two sides to every story
When someone meets you with such a story that this person did this and this person did that, do you just accept that the story is the truth without looking for the fact and to hear from the other person? Some will even go as far as stop talking to the person without hearing from him. Even God exercise this fairness when He visited Adam in the Garden of Eden and found him naked and when God Queried him and he mentioned Eve, God did not condemn Eve out rightly, no, He called on her to hear her own side of the story. So if God did not condemn her who are you to condemn your fellow human and start carrying face because of the story you did not verify.
even when you’re talking to your GF and she’s telling you about a friend who is cheating on her Bf; even when you’re discussing with your daughter and she told you about a boy that hurts her feelings; even when you’re talking to your husband and he’s telling you about what an asshole someone is at work did ; even when you yourself feel anger at and disappointment in another person who you are convinced is the root of all your problems there is another story you are not telling yourself., be it the personal business, even when someone meet and start telling you about what another person did that’s very wrong...even then, there’s another side to the story.
When I hear people say things like “it was all his fault” or “she hurt me when she turned on me” I try to imagine what the other person in the story might be saying or thinking. Because nothing is as simple as he said/she said or he did/she did.
We are all so sure of ourselves when we’re young, sure that we understand things that, in truth, we don’t. It takes years of being shown, over and over, that there is so much more to the story than “she/he done me wrong,” doesn’t it. And if someone reaches the age of 40 without understanding that the world is filled with not black and white absolutes but gradations of grays that temper every situation, then she has much bigger problems than hurt feelings or a wounded ego.
I’ve learned a lot about people in my past 3 years, and this is the I used to respond to people that meet with me with tortoise and lion story. “Yes, your story sucks. But what about the other guy? And just in case you’re wondering, this doesn’t make me less of a friend — in fact I think at times it makes me a better one. I hear what’s being said, but I also hear what isn’t. And often, those are the most important words of all. So next time people came to you with rat and cat story ask them this question to see their reaction.

join us @www.nairareport..com
Re: There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story by oglalasioux(m): 2:27am On Jul 01, 2017
Three sides actually;

1. Your side

2. Your opponent's side

3. The truth

(1) (Reply)

Study In China... Admission Open @an Affordable Tuition & Accommodation Fee. / Mother Mistakenly Feeds Her Kids Dog Food After Buying It At The Supermarket / Strange Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.