Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,550 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Larrysun, Get IN Here! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Larrysun, Get IN Here! (598 Views)

Larrysun Is A Genius Writer Mehn. I Just Have To Do This / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun / Happy Birthday, Larrysun. Click Here To Drop A HBD Wish For The Legendary Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Larrysun, Get IN Here! by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2017
Growing up, I was taught to be what formal education wanted of me. I had my sights on accountancy at all costs. My teachers—some bunch of superiority-seeking-guys, like dimples—taught me a lot. They had their canes and though I used to be a wimp at it, I soon found the whip adorable.

In 2013, I left secondary school with a hot-head brain. To me, I was too intelligent - so intelligent that I graduated as the best in English Language. Fast forwarded to October 2014 and my development began with YOU, Larrysun. I had decided to take to prose writing and I soon realized I was very far from being a finished product. In fact, I was one of the worst on Nairaland.

It was very rare (and it still is, really) but you took a funny liking to me and it all played out somehow. You exclusively brought me up. Your fangs of grammar soiled my streams; you fed me with the glowing embers of your art; you played chess with me and showed me the moves you'd make even before you did. These days, when people compare me to you, I merely bare my teeth and frown - I know I have to mould a name for myself and I will. One better than yours (this argument will never end, will it?)

Sir Olanrewaju, I don't use such frippery phrases on you but, today, I will. You deserve to be celebrated and I will. I won't give you the most expensive gifts simply because I do not have. I love you. Thanks for everything you've put me through and all you've taught me.

However, you're a year closer to death and that thought is in itself terrifying but intoxicating.

Happy birthday, Larrysun!

I'd have showered you with a rain of love but you don't deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: Larrysun, Get IN Here! by t1976(f): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2017
Happy Birthday Larrysun

1 Like

Re: Larrysun, Get IN Here! by bummybummy(f): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2017
Happy birthday Larrysun, more years in gud health and more money in ur bank account

1 Like

Re: Larrysun, Get IN Here! by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Happy Birthday LarrySun.. More ink to your pen...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kola Onadipe's 95th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara) / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.