Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara) (598 Views)

A Poem About A Country, Nigeria. / My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara) / "AFTER THE STORM" Prologue By Ademola Mayowa Joseph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara) by liltee123(m): 6:36am On Sep 02, 2017
http://www.teevibeblog.com.ng/2017/08/my-country-nigeria-by-ademola-ridwan.html

I am writing this post with a lot of caution alongside trepidation. I have never subscribed to ethnic chauvinism and I actually detest being labelled as another tribal bigot. I like to keep my hard-earned reputation flying up high as I would not want to disappoint my good friends close by and even my best friends in the diaspora. 

MY COUNTRY, NIGERIA 

Nigeria is the most populous black nation in the world and it is located in the western part of African Continent. 

This country was a scattered entity before the arrival of its colonial masters. This colonial masters amalgamated it for their own reasons and later came up with a name for, NIGERIA. Thus, what can I do but pronounce her. My country, NIGERIA.

Additionally, Nigeria is a country that shares boundary with four sub-region countries: Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Benin Republic. Part of its distinguishing factors are also that it has more than 450 ethnical languages and has 3 major ethic groups, three major subregional languages recognised spoken by the 3 major ethnic groups: Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo languages. Historically, the independence of this country was in 1960 from its colonial masters and eventually became republic in 1963. My country, NIGERIA. 

The GIANT OF AFRICA is my country as it has been blessed with intellectual and intelligent individuals, who have tried and use their intellectualism to move this country forward to where it is in currency past where the sub-regions are and for the betterment of Africa by extension. My  country, NIGERIA. 

A country that almighty GOD has garnished and blessed with a lot of natural resources which makes it to stand out in Africa. Some people believe that with this, we can survive and be fine without any problem. There is a lot of talent in my country which make the Europeans to visit my country to pick one or two talented individual abroad. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country that GOD has made to have the glory of Africa and also made to project the glory of Africa to the world with black individual who are intelligent, talent, intellectual and also bless with mighty  words to show the whole world that the glory of this world is here in Africa. As a matter of fact every continent in the world have the people of my country but the question is "are they representing us well in these countries?". My country, NIGERIA. 

A country that believe in its own ideology and implement what it think it is right in other to suit some individual and not the whole people in the country. Some people believe that the motto of the country is "great nation, Good people" but to some of us we don't believe that. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country with largest economy in Africa but doesn't have any effect on its citizen. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country that stealing is not corruption but the leaders are corrupt even the so call clergy are also part of corruption. Buying of private jet among them have become something very important whereas their church members cannot afford a bicycle. My country, NIGERIA 

A country where the ex presidents are above the law even if they are find guilty of some misconduct in their administration. These people are so sure of them selves that after ruling they will like to put their family or children in the house of honour of the country or even come back to rule. MY COUNTRY, NIGERIA. 

A country that focus on the lucrative sector of the economy and jeopardize the rest sector not because they are not useful but because they are not getting the juice of honour from there. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where politicans will steal billion of billions and walk freely boasting of it whilst ordinary citizen who steal a blackberry phone will receive the wrath of justices and yet we believe in rule of law. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where the leaders can't receive medical treatment in their own country instead fly  abroad or a  neighborhood country and spend our money there with their family and we will still be praying for their recovery. They even send their children  abroad to school and work here where we that school here have not secured work yet. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country that doesn't believe in youth instead believe and trust the old ones and rule over the youth. The executive arm didn't have any youth and we have youth that are graduates, competed, and reason fast than the old ones we have in the country. But because they are old and are loosing it, we move on the same spot. After everything, these people will still say to us "you are the leaders of tomorrow". My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where no body is capable to be the minister of petroleum except the MR PRESIDENT himself and doesn't av time for the job instead the minister of state for petroleum will be doing his work. A complementary body acting like the main body. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country that one cannot rule or become a leader except one has rule in a state before or you work for a politician to win an office, then you are eligible to rule and are right in every other sense. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where killing of the citizen by the mighty citizen is a joy to the leaders.Instead of helping these people by funding the security, they will siphon these resources or turn them into what they store in building for who knows who. 

My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where darkness is our usual light. Not that we don't have electricity but the power holding firm give us light for 28 hours in a week in some parts and we pay exorbitant bills.  For this and our government continue giving us faith and hope.  My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where the rich want more wealth at the expense of the masses -capitalists.  The rich continue to be rich and become famous in whole world and in Africa about their wealth while the poor remain poor become more poor. My country, NIGERIA. 

A country that doesn't believe in new idea instead, continue ruling with old and archaic method and we all want a "change". My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where we use evil to treat little goodness left because we believe in evil (yahoo to cure cultism). My country, NIGERIA. 

A country where we vote for better change and we are experiencing critical CHANGE. A country where the people see politics as do or die affair. A country with many fake pastors and alfas. Is this a country were GOD will stay. My country, NIGERIA. 

The country I love most with all my heart but it is quiet unfortunate that I am not happy with the current situations in my country. MY COUNTRY, NIGERIA. 

A country that  its major challenges is the problem of leadership. My country, NIGERIA. 

Written and composed by ADEMOLA RIDWAN ABIODUN, a 300L student of EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS,

FACULTY OF EDUCATION,

OAU.

http://www.teevibeblog.com.ng/2017/08/my-country-nigeria-by-ademola-ridwan.html

(1) (Reply)

Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature / Scared Of Falling In Love / If You Want To Be Rich, This Is All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.