Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1327425 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2018
Centino ;DCentino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2018
Click on the link below to join youngzubi Facebook group, also add members to the group

https://m./522542228206163?ref=bookmark
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2018
THE DIE IS CAST

The all turned when they heard the impact. Irikefe was sprawled on the floor with a bloodied mouth and head cocked to one side. They rushed over to where Akunna stood looking as confused as everyone else.

“What is going on here?” Mr Zubi said.

“Akunna, what did you do to him?”

“Me? Nothing! I just came out of the house.”

Ndifreke ordered everyone to stand back. He did a quick head to toe check, shook Irikefe vigorously, opened his airway and checked for breathing by bending over to feel his breath on his cheek while he listened for any breathing sound and watched for chest movement.

“Is he dead?”

“No. He is still breathing.”

“What is this you are doing? Go and bring your keke and let’s rush him to the hospital before he dies.”

“He is not dying. Please stand back. I know what I’m doing.”

Papa Efe came out of the house in a flash.

“What happen here?”

Everyone looked at Akunna but no one spoke.

“I think thunder fired him,” Akunna said.

“It is your mother thunder will fire,” Papa Efe said.

“I can’t wait.”

Papa Efe, with anger in his eyes, closed in on Akunna and put a finger in his face and said, “If anything happen to my boy, I will tear you to pieces with this my hand.”

By this time, Ndifreke had elevated Irikefe’s legs to restore blood flow to his brain and that revived him.

He sat up wondering what day of the week it was.

“Now we can take him to the hospital so they treat his wound,” Ndifreke said and went to get his keke.

“Why can’t we just have one day in this compound without something happening ehn? Chisco just came back and now it is Efe.”

“There is no rest for the wicked,” Akunna said and walked back inside.

“But how can he just fall down like that and begin to bleed from the mouth?”

“I think it is epilepsy.”

“The devil slapped his mouth so he can shut up.”

“Who saw what happened?”

No one did. But they were all certain it was Akunna.

“Gentlemen, remember I said we must be on guard around Akunna. We are still unsure of his state of health.”

“We are all on guard. Efe with his over-sense has been parleying with Akunna since he came back. You all saw him jumping up and down and shouting “the champ is here” and encouraging Akunna to break his mother’s back. When we wanted to send Akunna back to the hospital he argued against it and right before us, went over to Akunna and began whispering like a parrot. If Akunna knocked him out, let it be so. Let Irikefe enjoy his champion.”

“Mama Akunna has been praying back to sender prayer since that day. Her prayer has been answered.”

“How is she?”

“She has been praying with Esther every day. She has started speaking in tongues.”

“Blood of Jesus.”

“I will reiterate, please be on guard everyone. Since no one saw for a fact what happened to Efe, we do not want to excite Akunna. Let’s pray that Efe still has some teeth remaining in his mouth.”

“Atiku has picked Peter Obi as his running mate. All roads lead to Daura for Bubu.”

“Perfect choice. Both successful businessmen. Both well versed in economics. According to Reuben Abati, no one has to interpret Economic terms in Hausa to Atiku.”

“Meanwhile have you seen the list of presidential aspirants? They are so many. Everybody wants to contest for president. The only names not there are Alhaji Sirika and Papa Efe.”

“Some of them look like clowns. And there are right-thinking people there in the so-called conventions they have been having clapping for them. Is this a joke or what?”

“It is not a joke. It is democracy in action. In 2008 in America, no fewer than fifty-one people stood for the presidency with Barack Obama. In 2016 Donald Trump contested against more than one hundred if you include candidates without ballot status. Political parties like Legal Marijuana Now Party fielded a candidate. Some did not even have political parties or vice presidents. Were they all stupid or clowns?

There are hundreds of political parties in America. You will hear of parties like the Legal Marijuana Now Party I just spoke about, United States Pirate Party, Tax revolt Party, there is even a Communist Party USA. People do not sit around and moan when things are not working for them. They form political parties to champion whatever cause they believe in and during an election, they too aspire to be heard. Let our politics blossom. Let us have one thousand candidates if we want to. One vote here and two votes there weaken the chances of the main contenders. If they had a choice they wouldn’t want all these other candidates but democracy must happen.”

“But bros, don’t you think we are not yet mature for all of that grandstanding? These guys should come together and form a coalition and present one correct candidate to stand against these two old men. The person could ride on the back of youth and cause an upset.”

“They tried it with the Presidential Aspirants Coming Together group that produced Fela Durotoye even though many felt it should have been the cerebral Kingsley Moghalu. The following day, Mr Moghalu and even Oby Ezekwesili who was part of the process went their separate ways and are now contesting on different platforms, as they are well within their rights to do.”

"And they are also well within their rights to fail woefully as they will fail. Bloody attention seekers.”

“At any rate, Atiku represents the best alternative. Rich and independent. There will be no questionably wealthy money bag godfather or ex-governor doling out funds and trying to own the president.”

“But after his inauguration, he said I belong to everybody and belong to nobody.”

“In a pirated speech.”

“Atiku cannot enter America they say. He was being investigated for corruption. We cannot also quickly forget the sixteen years of rot of the PDP. He was in government for eight of those years. Two twitter warriors were the other day debating the achievements of PDP and APC following one of them asking what project Buhari has started and completed. The outcome was revealing.”

“OBJ is fighting to get him back into the US. That reconciliation with Baba was a masterstroke. OBJ has never supported a loser.”

“Anyway, Bubu has just ordered a full implementation of executive order number 6 banning fifty politicians suspected of corruption from traveling out of the country. A list is already making the rounds.”

“Any list that does not contain Tinubu, Oshiomhole and Amaechi is incomplete.”

“The APC has just pressed the panic button.”

“2019. The die is cast."

Castro joined them in the keke to the hospital.

Irikefe refused to answer any questions from the two of him on what happened to him but continued to spit lumps of blood as they rode on.

“Tell me Irikefe” Ndifreke said. “I need to know. What will I tell them at the hospital?”

“I don’t want to go to the hospital. I just wanted to leave that place. Get to under the bridge and stop,” Irikefe said.

“Your mouth is still bleeding and you were unconscious. We have to be sure it was nothing serious.”

“But bros, what was all that you were doing to revive him?” Castro said.

“Simple first aid. Primary survey since he was unconscious. If he wasn’t breathing I would have commenced CPR.”

“What is CPR bros?”

“Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Chest compressions with artificial respiration to keep the heart and vital organs functioning until help arrives. In most cases the casualty comes to and is placed in a recovery position. Well, he didn’t need all that. Elevating his legs was enough.”

“Bros how do you know all that?”

“I learnt it during my NYSC.”

“Bros will I ever do NYSC? Ordinary admission I cannot get. I think I will just kuku go and form a political party.”

“That would be something.”

“Katakata Progressives Party.”

“I will join if your manifesto is good.”

“Erm bros. Please hurry,” Irikife said, his hand still over his mouth.

“Why tell me to hurry? Didn’t you just say you weren’t going to the hospital again?”

“Look,” he said.

They all looked and saw Nurse Josephine in uniform swaying towards the hospital.

“Nurse Josephine!” Castro cried.

“It is she alright. There are not two of that ass in Lagos.”

She got there before them.

As the doctor examined him, Irikefe made sure to insist that he be attended to by Nurse Josephine after it was established that the fainting was not indicative of anything serious.

Josephine was professional and behaved as if she did not recognize the patient.

“Now shut up if you want me to treat you,” she said as questions flew out of his mouth like pellets from a machine gun.

She gave him warm water to rinse his mouth and then a sterile gauze to bite on. She then applied a cool compress on his jaw for the pain and swelling and gave him an ice cube to suck on. She left him and returned moments later with some ibuprofen tablets.

“If you had seen the tooth and handled it well it could have been reinserted. But I guess you have to spend the rest of your life with a gap tooth. By the way, which of the lunatics there did this to you?”

“AKunna. You don’t know him.”

“I heard about him.”

“Nurse Jo, you gave it to Wasiu, why?”

“Fvck off” she said and walked back to the reception where Ndifreke was waiting.

“You know we need to talk nurse.”

She thought about it, Ndifreke was the most reasonable man she knew, and she did need to talk to someone. So she winked at the doctor on duty who had not taken his eyes off her since Ndifreke walked in and then whispered something to the head nurse and followed Ndifreke outside.

“No questions,” she said.

“How is that possible nurse. The compound hasn’t been the same since you came and left.”

“What did I do? I did not look for anybody’s trouble. It is not my fault if the men cannot control themselves.”

“Wasiu. It wasn’t rape right?”

“I said no questions.”

“Answer me Jo.”

“No it wasn’t. I thought I was fvcking you. He was good enough for me to want him again. I regret everything now."

"Hmmm."

"How is Chisco? I owe him. Boy is a hero.”

“He nearly lost the eye.”

“He didn’t?”

“No. Not completely at least.”

“Thank God.”

“When are you coming to take your things?”

“Who told you I am coming to take my things?”

“But you have moved out.”

“No I haven’t.”

“Are you thinking of coming back?”

“I broke up with Donnie. He found out about Wasiu. Wasiu actually came to blackmail me and I told Donnie what transpired. He’s too proud to share a woman with a riffraff as he called Wasiu. And I was already tired of the relationship.”

“So because of that, you are coming back?”

“I have nowhere else to go.”

TO BE CONTINUED.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WAACUT(m): 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ftc for the second time in a row

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nnachukz(m): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Chisco don get wife be that o. He didn't lose completely.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kirgyakos(m): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino! it is either u once were a seminarian or that u once stayed or are With a priest...!

If not, how come u know so much about the scripture n some moral teachings...!

All the same sha!! u just too much...!

Ur politics n football analysis na bomb...!

Do you know what I think?

I think u are a genius.

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino Dey burst my head with his updates

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
undecided Me I Have Not Understand Again
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
Smazlexander:
undecided Me I Have Not Understand Again

Why na...my man grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by niqablady(f): 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
This update is indeed enlightening especially concerning the current situation of the country.

thanks for making my day centino....I will surely support katakata progressive party once created(lol? grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino:

Why na...my man grin
The update Short Na

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by butterfly55(f): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino! Centino! 3 gbosaa!!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino:
THE DIE IS CAST

“What is going on here?” Mr Zubi said.

Papa Efe was instantly over his son.

“Akunna, what did you do to him?”

“Me? Nothing! I just came out of the house.”

Papa Efe came out of the house in a flash.

“What happen here?”
CENTINO THERE'S A MIX UP HERE... PLEASE CORRECT IT... IN AS MUCH AS THE UPDATE WAS GOOD AS USUAL I COULDN'T MISS THAT...

“At any rate, Atiku represents the best alternative. Rich and independent. There will be no questionably wealthy money bag godfather or ex-governor doling out funds and trying to own the president.”

“OBJ is fighting to get him back into the US. That reconciliation with Baba was a masterstroke. OBJ has never supported a loser...

I APPRECIATE YOUR VIEWS CONCERNING ATIKU BUT I STILL BELIEVE HE IS OLD ...HE SHOULD BE ENDORSING A CANDIDATE AND ASKING OBJ FOR HIS SUPPORT FOR THE CANDIDATE...

IN MY OWN OPINION, I BELIEVE DONALD DUKE IS THE BEST CANDIDATE...

THANK GOD NURSE JO IS COMING BACK HOME... I NEVER LIKED THAT DONNIE GUY... THAT'S THE END OF HIS TIME IN OUR DEAR KATAKATA...
CASTRO OF ALL PEOPLE, KAKATA PROGRESSIVE PARTY, NA WA OO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
[quote author=EkopSparoAyara post=72083736][/quote]

Thanks for the good spot man. Corrected in a flash wink

As for Atiku, this is not my position as Centino the man. Though I'm not concerned about his age, as he does look fighting fit and I know a few sickly 40 year Olds, he is in reality the only viable alternative as this is really between the APC and PDP. Bishop Oyedepo who followed him to go and see Obasajo knows this. We all know if it were up to him he'd be behind a born-again-speaking-in-tongues faithful tither.

I'll give my vote to Kingsley Mohgalu. I look at Canada and France with envy. Young, smart, bold, fresh, progressive. I think Donald Duke is egoistic and blew his chance when he refused to be running mate to Yar'Adua because he wouldn't be anybody's vice. Had he put the nation and service first, he'd have been president in place of Jonathan and could have even won a second term. And the revelation of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that Mr Duke came to her in the US to tell her not to agree to serve in Jonathan's government so as not to give the administration credibility is damning. And for the record, Duke did not deny this.

So our men on 225 Katakata Street are only being realistic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
niqablady:
This update is indeed enlightening especially concerning the current situation of the country.

thanks for making my day centino....I will surely support katakata progressive party once created(lol? grin

You're welcome. Let's hope Castro is serious cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
Kirgyakos:
Centino! it is either u once were a seminarian or that u once stayed or are With a priest...!

If not, how come u know so much about the scripture n some moral teachings...!

All the same sha!! u just too much...!

Ur politics n football analysis na bomb...!

Do you know what I think?

I think u are a genius.

Thanks for the accolades bro and welcome to Katakata Street grin

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino:

Thanks for the good spot man. Corrected in a flash wink

As for Atiku, this is not my position as Centino the man. Though I'm not concerned about his age, as he does look fighting fit and I know a few sickly 40 year Olds, he is in reality the only viable alternative as this is really between the APC and PDP. Bishop Oyedepo who followed him to go and see Obasajo knows this. We all know if it were up to him he'd be behind a born-again-speaking-in-tongues faithful tither.

I'll give my vote to Kingsley Mohgalu. I look at Canada and France with envy. Young, smart, bold, fresh, progressive. I think Donald Duke is egoistic and blew his chance when he refused to be running mate to Yar'Adua because he wouldn't be anybody's vice. Had he put the nation and service first, he'd have been president in place of Jonathan and could have even won a second term. And the revelation of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that Mr Duke came to her in the US to tell her not to agree to serve in Jonathan's government so as not to give the administration credibility is damning. And for the record, Duke did not deny this.

So our men on 225 Katakata Street are only being realistic.

Your analysis are good... I can't say anything about Kingsley Mohgalu because I don't know him so well... But Duke has all the qualities like that of Mohgalu.....
About being egoistic, I doubt that... Donald Duke is just a firm and rigid(uncompromising) man, these are the kind of people that Nigeria needs...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SunFlow(m): 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino thank you...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
SunFlow:
Centino thank you...

My man SunFlow. You're welcome. Hope you're doing well?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by LabUdegbe(m): 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
walks into a bar..
"madam give Centino one cold big stout.." grin grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Mhyketh(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
LabUdegbe:
walks into a bar..
bills on me

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
LabUdegbe:
walks into a bar..

Guy, how you take know my brand grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
I'm defecting to katakata progressive party courtesy of centino. Thanks boss for the update...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Austine567(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
this update just arrived when my food was ready to be eaten but i will suspend the food for now .katakata street here i come.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by LabUdegbe(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mhyketh:

bills on me

I gat ur back man.. Let's give Centino something light.. grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by LabUdegbe(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino:

Guy, how you take know my brand grin

Badt guy things... cool grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino

Nurse Jo is back
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Microfels: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Centino, I always look forward to your update and I'm yet to be disappointed! Your craft is great, your story refreshing and your analysis is always astute. I like the way your mind works. BTW, I prefer Moghalu to either Atiku or Buhari as President.
Pls mention me when you next update, thanks.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2018
Oga centino, after you na you, before you na you
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by queenitee(f): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2018
Nurse Jo, Nurse Jo. But wait Centino, the way you twist us ehn
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WHOcarex: 11:36am On Oct 15, 2018
Lol. Akunna matata grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Samfee001(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
"The champ is here"... that part got me laughing my ass out. Thumbs up to the big man CENTIBABA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.