Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1318381 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:34am On Aug 24, 2018
Abelranking:
Is it just me?

Through out the sallah break, i checked this thread hourly for new updates...
Abi my own too much
Centino where r thou?

Sunday sir. Twice a week at most but I also needed the holiday this week. Thanks for the interest smiley
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:35am On Aug 24, 2018
semmy7949:
no light, no food, no money, no girlfriend and No update on katakata street... what a frustration
Centino ooo

Nor vex grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Abelranking: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Understood! Noted!! In order!!!
Safe bro

Centino:

Sunday sir. Twice a week at most but I also needed the holiday this week. Thanks for the interest smiley

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
Centino:

Chairman! me sef go find sallah meat. As YINKS89 no gimme him address, I hit town grin
why nah i invite every one.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
do4luv14:
Hahahahahaha. Be like say nah nurse joe ass mak am 4gt to drop him address.

no b so ooo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by victoria2000(f): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2018
crysad,i cnt believe am at the end of number 225 katakata street,oh ma gosh,!centino,you are the bomb,i dnt know what to say,because everyone has said what i ought to,you appreciate critics and embrace comment,you are good mhen,just have this in mind that you are going places.thanks 4 making our mood lighter and great.1 like from your ghost fan,atleast am not a ghost reader again.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2018
Chai!

Innocenti nwa mamaa!
You are just on heat! grin
Better heat.

I predicted something like this, but not exactly. And about the eye, you better find a twist oh! I can't agree that we should now fear the risks of doing good.

That Chisco guy just encouraged me! Centino ride on. Even I no comment, I go dey pray for you. wink

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by slimkhan(m): 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
oga centino nah tomorrow b sunday o try update on a sharp o make we no get family problem o..............
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by elpatron95(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2018
SUNDAY!!!!!!���
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Emperortj93(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2018
Sunday �
Chisco the guy of the moment
ride on centino (dollartino)
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Obaf1, elaptron95, slimkhan, victoria2000 (a very warm welcome to you girl kiss), calamus (chai!), Abelranking (got it right this time wink, tunjilomo, ayamalexander77, YINKS89, do4luv14, devilmaycry1, 2Lynx, Adalyon, Didov1 Anne2012, maryamuwane, princessConfy, OlufemiWhit, GenieXWZ, Cameoluv, beautygboel, mobodan7, stevodot22, butterfly55, IAmAmbrose, pgodson7, Louiseafaye, Emperortj93 ....everyone, It's sunday! grin

GUINEA PIG

Josephine got to her room and sat on her bed and thought for a while. Clearly, number 225 Katakata Street had now become too hot for her. What were the three of them doing in her room? How did Achike’s brother come to become her protector (as if she wanted one) and why did Wasiu have a companion? Those were questions she knew she may never find answers to. What was important for the moment was her safety and peace of mind. The latter she knew she may never have again in that compound and former she knew could now not be guaranteed. So she reached under her bed for her travel bag and proceeded to stuff it with her most essential things. When she was done, she picked up her phone and dialed Donie’s number.

“Hello Sweetie” Donie answered after the first ring. “Is everything alright? Calling at this time?”

“Yes it is Donie.” She sounded like she was in a freezer.

“What is wrong Jo?”

“Erm nothing, Donie. I shouldn’t bother you.”

“You are not bothering me for goodness sake.”

“Alright, I had a bad dream.”

“Of course you will have bad dreams sleeping in that hole every night.”

“Please don’t start Donie.”

“I will start until you see reason to move in with me.”

“That is not why I called.”

“I know. You called because you had a bad dream because you are lonely.”

“I am used to it.”

“Move in with me Jo.”

“Please, Donie. We shouldn’t go over this again.”

“I care about you Jo. But you make me feel inadequate by this senseless resolve to continue living there. And what is more, you have started borrowing money!”

“Don’t insult me Donie.”

“Did I lie?”

“I think I should go off the line now.”

“No, no, please. Wait.”

“I expect kinder words. If I call you by this time it is because I want comforting and not scolding.”

“Okay I’m sorry baby.”

“It’s alright.” Sob. Sob.

“Are you crying Jo?”

“No”. Sniff. Sniff.

“I’m coming over there now!”

“You don’t have to Donie. I’ll be fine.”

“Pack a bag. I am coming to get you.”

“I said I will be fine.”

The line went dead. Josephine checked again to be sure she took everything she needed. Goodbye Katakata Street.

“The nurse fled in the middle of the night.”

“Who told you?”

“Didn’t you hear the sound of a car? It was she they came for.”

“How can she go like that? We should not have allowed it.”

“Did she pack her load?”

“I don’t know.”

“Did anyone see her?”

“No. But we heard the sound of the car. And her door is locked.”

“Good riddance!”

“Why didn’t we think of it? We should have prevented it.”

“Let her go. We should only worry about Achike’s brother.”

“But she is a suspect.”

“The boy did not die. And he was an intruder from the look of things. We really have nothing on the nurse. But we will undoubtedly be happier without her.”

As they spoke, Ndifreke’s Keke pulled up and Achike alighted. He joined the group shaking his head.

“How is your brother Achike?”

“Where is that asawo? Show her to me let me kill her with my bare hands.”

“Calm down Achike. First, tell us about your brother.”

“We left him there with Lukman” Ndifreke said. We had to come and take fresh clothes and other things for him. He was bloodied.”

“Why don’t they give him hospital clothes?”

“Well, I don’t know. They asked us to go and bring fresh clothes.”

“What did your brother say that happened?”

“Wasiu and his friend attacked him where he went to prevent them from raping the gal.”

“What is that?”

“My brother, ask me.”

“He came back from the market in the morning and said he heard Wasiu boasting at the bus stop that he had slept with the nurse and was going back to repeat it that night. Chisco, the goat I brought from the village then decided to go and do Actor. He became a bodyguard that nobody sent him.”

“Otio!”

“Now they have blinded him.”

“Is that confirmed?”

“We were referred to the teaching hospital. Luckily there are white missionaries there carrying out free eye tests and operation. They are mostly treating cataract but were kind enough to take a look at him. They said he is lucky that the optic nerve was narrowly missed by the blade otherwise he would have gone completely blind. But there was damage to the cornea, lens, and pupil. They say these do not exactly affect the ability to see but control the focus of the eye and how much light goes into it. That they can be replaced by anything that will let light through and project images to the retina.”

“In other words, he needs a new eye.”

“Only the parts I have mentioned. Through a complex surgery.”

“Everything you have mentioned sounds like everything that is inside the eye. A car may have a good engine but without tires, chassis, gear, brake etcetera it cannot move and therefore useless.”

“Chai! Chinekemeee!”

“So where will you get all those spare parts of the eye from?”

“That is left to the hospital and doctors. And it is a very expensive operation. But we are told that since that type of surgery is still experimental, they could do it for free if they get clearance from their parent organization in Norway and if we will sign off any liabilities to them in the event that it went wrong.”

“So poor Chisco will become their guinea pig?”

“They want to give him snake eye. Oyinbo people have always wanted to turn human beings to animals and vice versa. If they want you to sign anything, just know that that is what they want to do to Chisco.”

“Chai. All this because of congo. Congo Chisco never saw. And erm… Achike, did you say that Wasiu shined that nurse?”

“Shut up dia my friend.”

“Why did you people leave Lukman with him? Lukman will give him bad luck. He will be happy to have a fellow one-eyed man.”

“Please shut up.”

“I am just saying it is not good judgment.”

“Why didn’t you go with them and take care of him? You think it is by talking cho-cho-cho-cho-cho.”

“Can they repair Lukman’s eyes too? Just thinking aloud.”

“That one that grass has grown where the eye used to be. They can only perform the surgery in heaven.”

“A one-eyed man guarding another in danger of having the same fate get as e be. It is a bad omen.”

“Didn’t you see how Lukman rushed to go and hold Chisco when he saw that they had plucked his eye? He seemed to be welcoming him to the one-eyed club.”

“You guys need to shut up. You are hurting Achike.”

Everyone kept quiet and looked at Achike. He was deep in thought. He then excused himself and went into the compound.

“So what do we do now?”

“About what?”

“Everything that has been going on. We are the council of elders.”

“What do you want to do? Chisco is in hospital. If we are lucky, the white people will save his sight. The nurse has been gone for three days now. Wasiu, as expected, has not returned.”

“So Wasiu slept with her.”

“And what if he did. How does that stop the nonsense cross carpeting from PDP to APC and vice versa?”

“I heard ex-governor Uduaghan has cross-carpeted to APC. Even that one wey everybody don forget.”

“You may have forgotten him but EFCC hasn’t.”

“So the solution is APC.”

“Before nko? Ask Orji Uzo Kalu. He has even been turbaned in Daura for his troubles. He is now Dan Baiwan Hausa. In Buhari’s own village.”

“That means he has now surpassed Okoro-Hausa of Imo as the chief traitor.”

“It is all politics. If in two years it does not favour him, he will hear a voice that will tell him to return to PDP.”

“This is bad.”

“It is politics.”

“But politics is not supposed to be like this. In school, politics was the art and science of government. Political principles. Achieving and exercising positions of governance. But now, whenever the word is mentioned you only think dishonesty, greed, and wickedness.”

“That is because no man was supposed to Lord over another. We were created a free people to be led by the Almighty until in our foolishness man asked for a king.” Mr Cosmas brought out his phone and continued, “I will read from the NIV in English we can all understand. 1st Samuel chapter 8 from verse 7. 7 And the LORD told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights. 10 Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the LORD will not answer you in that day.” Take note of the last verse.

“Chai.”

“So we are under a curse?”

“We asked for it.”

“But I was not there. Please, the Almighty should come and rule again.”

“You could have been there. We have all lived before.”

“Abeg abeg abeg don’t start with that Cosmas.”

“Okay. Continue to play the Ostrich.”

“I asked a question no one answered to my satisfaction. Cosmas even found an opportunity to preach again. But I want you people to look at it seriously.”

“What was that?”

“I said so Wasiu slept with the nurse?”

“You see why that boy Efe does not take us seriously?”

“Stop pretending all of you. Apart from Cosmas there is no one here who did not want her. It is paining me seriously.”

“Okay sorry. When she comes back, you go and try your luck. Chisco lost an eye. Maybe it is your preek they will remove for you this time.”

“There is too much domestic violence nowadays. I am just tired.”

“You heard about Duncan Mighty. After the Lagos musicians have managed to save his career, the first thing he does is to pummel his wife. Despite all his holy holy on social media.”

“Tiwa Savage was praising him the other day because he cooked for her. She posted a video of him cooking in the kitchen and all the girls be like “Awww, he’s so sweet.”

“If you want to know who a man is, ask his wife. The chewing gum girls of nowadays will never learn.”

“And did you see his nonsense defense? Nowhere did he even deny that he beat her.”

“Shame.”

As they spoke, a white ambulance pulled up in front of the house and a smartly dressed hospital official alighted and jumped the gutter into the compound.

“Good afternoon sirs” he greeted.

“Yes, good afternoon, how can we help you?”

“Is this number 225 Katakata street?”

“Yes it is.”

“Okay we are from Yaba left psychiatric hospital. We brought home a patient you people brought to us some months ago.”

“Yes yes Akunna. How is he now?”

“He is fine. He is in the van.”

“You mean he is well?”

“Oh sure. We did not have a phone number to contact anyone and no one had come to see him for three months. But since his condition has improved, we decided to bring him home. The hospital has written off his bill in sympathy for the circumstances that led to his commitment.”

“That is so kind of you. Erm, you say he is in the van?”

“Yes,” the man said and turned and snapped his fingers. Then the door of the ambulance slid open and Akunna alighted. Two other hospital staff dressed in the same cream robes stood each side of him.

It was Akunna all right. To everyone’s amazement, he did look well. Only he was now more noticeably grey in the head and the freckles on his face seemed to have multiplied. Everyone rushed out to welcome him but as they got close, he stretched out his hands and said, “Stop! The champ is here!”

The hospital staff looked surprised. His neighbors looked at each other and then at the men that brought Akunna. Then Akunna said, “I am Cena. Call me Cena!”

Mama Akunna rushed out from the backyard ululating and swinging her waist in delight as she heard her son was back. Everyone cleared the way for her as she rushed to embrace Akunna. As she stretched her arms towards him, he deftly seized one arm and brought his shoulder to her waist level and allowed her momentum to carry her onto his shoulders and then he eased up again. Then he put a hand over her neck and the second on the back of her knees and everyone watched in horror as Akunna spun and slammed his mother onto the concrete with John Cena’s famous "FU" move.

TO BE CONTINUED.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Anticipating for d sunday update.Oga centino u ar d nuclear bomb

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Chocolatesauce(f): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
I have been a ghost reader for a while but I just had to come out... GUY you're simply the bomb����

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by 2Lynx(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
Akuna the heavyweight champ...Nice update, anyways where MAYA dey ooo have not seen her since. Centino watin do am

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
grin grin grin

Thanks for the update Centino

At last...Mama Akunna suffered from "Cena's FU" move

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
grin grin You can’t see Akunna (in John Cena’s voice) I love this update

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tunjilomo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Haha, Centino will not kill someone with laughter, so this is the end for Mama Akunna walking days.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by slimsky(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
As she stretched her arms towards him, he deftly seized one arm and brought his shoulder to her waist level and allowed her momentum to carry her onto his shoulders and then he eased up again. Then he put a hand over her neck and the second on the back of her knees and everyone watched in horror as Akunna spun and slammed his mother onto the concrete with John Cena’s famous "FU" move.
This shit got me rollin on the floor

6 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WILLIAMSKECH: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
Centino Baba. Longest time.

Please Feed Me More

Or i give you a Ryback tactics.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Artzdanielsz(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Centino I knew when you started this great piece of work but decided not to follow until it is finished but this art of yours still dey go and as I be Oliver twist ooooo and what I've been running away from has happened. Guy I am hook on your work and you better increase your frequency to avoid kidnapping you to come tell me every every. Well done boss and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ericbertrand(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
For

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by babasolo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Akunna be like mama u can't see me. Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahajajajajahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahajajahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EmjayCaleb(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is by far the most ridiculous story on NL, boring, zero morals. Just stop already man.

Lol, before you throw a fit at my words. I didn't know how to express myself, I meant the opposite of the aforementioned. Great job man, keep it up. I've been reading this story on a low but my Heavenly Father no go forgive me if I no appreciate this wonderful piece.
TeamCentino.

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Obaf1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nice update baba, happy sunday boss.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WAACUT(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Abeg centino.. I no fit laugh oooo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mama Akunna have jam real problem... She Just has to return from retirement to match this "WWE" loading

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by bimberry1307(f): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Chai! mama Akuna don finally collect.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Chai! I no go lie you, Centino, me and you nearly get problem as you begin dey mention all the things wen damage for inside im eye, but as you come mention say surgery go solve the matter, no wahalla, we don settle. I believe we all go join No. 225 people dem raise the money, because Chisco cannot join the 'One-eyed Club'.

As for this update, na the meme wen I dey find since I don see; besides, this last part wey make me laff like mad person for trend wella if to say I good with Twitter:

Centino:

As they spoke, a white ambulance pulled up in front of the house and a smartly dressed hospital official alighted and jumped the gutter into the compound.

“Good afternoon sirs” he greeted.

“Yes, good afternoon, how can we help you?”

“Is this number 225 Katakata street?”

“Yes it is.”

“Okay we are from Yaba left psychiatric hospital. We brought home a patient you people brought to us some months ago.”

“Yes yes Akunna. How is he now?”

“He is fine. He is in the van.”

“You mean he is well?”

“Oh sure. We did not have a phone number to contact anyone and no one had come to see him for three months. But since his condition has improved, we decided to bring him home. The hospital has written off his bill in sympathy for the circumstances that led to his commitment.”

“That is so kind of you. Erm, you say he is in the van?”

“Yes,” the man said and turned and snapped his fingers. Then the door of the ambulance slid open and Akunna alighted. Two other hospital staff dressed in the same cream robes stood each side of him.

It was Akunna all right. To everyone’s amazement, he did look well. Only he was now more noticeably grey in the head and the freckles on his face seemed to have multiplied. Everyone rushed out to welcome him but as they got close, he stretched out his hands and said, “Stop! The champ is here!”

The hospital staff looked surprised. His neighbors looked at each other and then at the men that brought Akunna. Then Akunna said, “I am Cena. Call me Cena!”

Mama Akunna rushed out from the backyard ululating and swinging her waist in delight as she heard her son was back. Everyone cleared the way for her as she rushed to embrace Akunna. As she stretched her arms towards him, he deftly seized one arm and brought his shoulder to her waist level and allowed her momentum to carry her onto his shoulders and then he eased up again. Then he put a hand over her neck and the second on the back of her knees and everyone watched in horror as Akunna spun and slammed his mother onto the concrete with John Cena’s famous "FU" move.

In other news, you have made my Sunday. Thank you.

**But that one no mean say we go accept this failure of a leader as a leader ... wink

I am Calamus! Call me calamus!!!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Abelranking: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mama Akuna see u see ikpobi

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chikzyet(f): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
I can imagine d expression on Efe's face right now. cheesy grin cheesy grin.

Thanks Centino and keep up the good work.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.