Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

What Is God's Will For You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's Will For You? (377 Views)

Jesus Christ Is God Almighty / Why Is God Always Angry In The Old Testament / Unified Field Theory-consciousness Is The Unified Field, Self Is God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is God's Will For You? by kasynlives: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2017
Wouldn’t it be great to know exactly what God wants us to do and how He wants us to serve? God’s will doesn’t have to be a mystery. Here are some practical ways to discover it.

WHAT IS
GOD’S WILL
FOR YOU?

Have you ever faced a crossroads in life and wondered, like Paul on the road to Damascus, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”

We may wish we could receive a personal answer like Paul did. But the Bible shows God does not work that way with most people—nor does He generally strike people blind to get their attention! However, He does want us to know His will, His plan and specific things He wants us to do.

Let’s look at some of the ways we can discover God’s will for us individually. How does He want you and me to use the gifts He has given us?

But first we need the overview. What is the primary purpose for our lives? What is God’s great desire for all of us now and for eternity?

God’s will is revealed in the Bible
When you get down to it, God gave us the entire Bible to reveal His will. But let’s start by looking at a few summary scriptures that help us to get a glimpse of His awesome plan for us.

Jesus said: “For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother” (Matthew 12:50).
“And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever” (1 John 2:17).
“Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! … We know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure” (1 John 3:1-3).
As amazing as it sounds, God’s will is for us to become like Him—to become His children! We encourage you to read these passages in your own Bible, to read the surrounding scriptures and the many others like them. (Our article “Purpose of Life” can help you explore this mind-boggling part of God’s will for you.)

With this awesome purpose in mind, what should we do? How do we align ourselves to God’s will? Consider these key scriptures that show what God expects and how He helps us think and act like Him.

“What does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?” (Deuteronomy 10:12-13; see also Micah 6:cool.
“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God” (Romans 12:2).
The Holy Bible and God’s Holy Spirit are gifts from God to help us know and do His will so we can be transformed to become like Him.

This is vitally important, and we have a number of resources to help you explore God’s will in much greater depth. We urge you to read “7 Ways to Please God,” “Fear of the Lord: What Does It Mean?” God’s 10 Commandments: Still Relevant Today and Change Your Life!

When God’s will conflicts with your will
Jesus Christ set the ultimate example of yielding to God’s will. When He faced His impending beating and crucifixion—trials that no human being would ever want to face—He prayed: “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup [of suffering] away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42).

Whenever you discover that God’s plans differ from yours, can you put His will ahead of your own? Whenever you find that what you want to do is wrong, can you yield to God’s will? That’s the mind of Christ!

Of course, some aspects of life are not so much questions of right or wrong as they are questions of wisdom and making the best choices. Sometimes more than one choice can be within God’s will.

What career should you choose? What job should you pursue? Who should you marry? Where should you live? God gives principles that can help us make good choices.

(1) (Reply)

New Release: Miracle Rain - Frank Edwards / Reproduction (sex) Before And After Adam's Fall / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(wed. 12/07/2017) The Restoring Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.