Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Dna Gone Bad - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dna Gone Bad (1669 Views)

NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) / Diana: Good Girl Gone Bad / An Office Romance Gone Wrong (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2017
coming up with story very soon I will carry everyone along too.hope u all will be interested.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by ehmusshogun(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2017
will be delighted if carried along also
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
ehmusshogun:
will be delighted if carried along also

I will try my possible best.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
DNA Gone bad

My name is obiajuru,am from the eastern part of Nigeria precisely igbo.Am from a Christian home,God fearing is our watch word.My parents are Christians,they try their possible best to emulate the footsteps of Christ Jesus.We are not rich neither are poor.God takes care of our needs.

My father though not formally educated vowed to train his children up to degree level.With prayers and hard work God saw him through.
Obiajuru is a graduate born into the family of five kids.She is the second daughter in the midst of three boys.One elder brother (Daniel)and two younger brothers.This will tell you,she is the the third issue in the family.
Her mum is late,she died at her final year in the University (may her soul and those of the departed faithfuls rest in peace..
Amen).
That's about my family.Now my story begins...
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Critics is allowed as well as encouragement and correction.Am not perfect but God's grace got me covered
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Obiajuru grew up in a family were serving God was by force a priority.If you don't agree, both parent will agree for you.She was advised never to bring shame to her family as mums always say.Good Name is better than riches and nice smelling perfume.Never you compromise your faith in God, no matter the situation,don't trust human beings even us your parents.Just trust God in all circumstances.These and Many more are words of advice to obiajuru and her siblings.
Obiajuru entered the University after many experiences.Her Waec was excellent though she took Nov/Dec (GCE)waec in Ss2 before May/June waec in Ss3 the upper year.Taking GCE was like a routine in family,it is called preparatory examination,as that will prepare you properly for your May/June Waec.You can guess how the result will be.You know first experience things.

Obiajuru​ was curious and naive. There was a corper that year in there school named segun.He was encouraging obiajuru and some of her friends to take the bold step.They Thought about it and decided to try their fate.
Let me introduce you to some of Obiajuru's friends.Onyinye,Amarachi, Chijioke,Ugochukwu and Adaobi.They are wonderful friends and fun being with.It was fun being with them during the GCE examination.The first paper was chemistry practical,oh!! my God!!, that day is among one of the days Obiajuru will not forget.Its like asking a primary one pupil to list the elements in the periodic table,which you know it's not possible at his age.Obiajuru and some of her friends fell I'll at the sightening of the invigilator.They have no option than to carry load after all they bargained for it.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
They started taking the exam.The result came out after some months but they failed with flying colors.It was painful but a very great experience.

Obiajuru's family encouraged her,the experience even made her to buckle up and prepare ernestly for May/June Waec and neco.Her friends were​ gingered the more.Corper Segun stood by them.Some of their classmates used the opportunity to make good fun of them.
During their waec, they made it,came out with the best result in the whole Waec candidates in Orly diocese that year.Their result was great, good, charming and excellent as everybody congratulated them but by then, Corper have completed his NYSC program and left.

During her school days,she was the bell regulator from Ss1 to Ss2 and assistant sanitary prefect in Trinity secondary school orlu dioceses.Obiajuru didn't misuse the post to show seniority or bully her Junior,though she was the quite type.
fondly called​ Senior Obi but Senior Obim by male admirers.Obiajuru remained focused, after secondary school, everyone part ways and the huzzles goes on.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by ehmusshogun(m): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
prodekul:

I will try my possible best.
Aight boss wink
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 8:34am On Jul 05, 2017
I need you to ginger my swagger please,readers.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
My aim was to be a nurse, I was reading very hard to pass my examinations and enter the University.Nnamdi Azikiwe University was my first choice.But they fall my hand mehn.Ebonyi state university was my jamb center,I took the jamb guess my score? 208,I was like,God na this leg cow go take reach his destination.I waited for next year and bought form again, I read my books believing​
God for a better result.On the day of the examination,I prepared and left to my center at college of education Ikwo.After the examination,no bus to drop me at Abakaliki town.I was stranded.I was among people but don't know any of them, I cried,I remembered rape cases.The worst part was that nobody knew I wrote
jamb,not even my parents.How did it happen?I will tell you.

After taking Jamb for the first time,I was deceived into doing diploma program with the hope of securing admission after two years.But it didn't work out that way.The guy that deceived me gave me hope and assurance that admission is sure, not knowing that it is one chance people.My people even believed him.That got me to put into practice"Never tell a lie out of nothing"just to make ends meet because to change it will be difficult.Tell people the truth and chances involved in an opportunity,if they like they do it,if not they live it.Let the whole decision come out from them to avoid blaming you at the end.
Obiajuru paid all the dues and the diploma program kicked off.Obiajuru was answering a zikite but she knows she's not yet a bonafide student.One physics letuurer (ukwa) will make mockery of diploma students saying that hope they know that their names are being written with pencil in the rough sheet of the University, obiajuru was like, rough sheet!! not even register.
Obiajuru was in a class of 200 but it's just three student per department.She was in computer science department.This made obiajuru to save money for another Jamb examination to surprise her parents and tell them the truth about the diploma program but she failed again getting 192 this time around.Which University will take a nursing student with that score, probably UNN will take Obiajuru.(University of nkwo Nnewi) or OMATA (Onitsha market traders association).Many things keep running in her mind, how will she face her parent after two years of wasting money doing diploma program.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
As a smart girl I be,I went for change of course and succeeded in changing to library and information science, hmmmmm. I took post UTME and scored 60 but to get admission was a problem. Some of my friends are in the same situation with me.
I have no option than to open up to my parents.

To avoid digging my own grave.

I went home,told my parents.They criticised me, comforted me, encouraged me and taught me many things.But my dad said if I miss that year admission opportunity,I should just come back home and learn apprenticeship.My mother even suggested sewing.It was as if my case was different.

To God be the glory,I later got admission into a polytechnic.I thank God at least am in school now.

Admission have frustrated many people,see population up to 500 students in one small classroom and inside one village.We have to carry our cross, praying to God to see us through.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2017
Life in the University was not easy.studies have to be combined lectures, social activities, emotional activities and love life.

I joined a fellowship to always remember who and what I am.Everything was going smoothly and personal before I met CHIEMERIE.

I fell in love again and again,we were the complete half of each other.We were virgin and was walking towards the same goals and objectives, which is platonic relationship.That alone made us unique on campus.

Chiemerie was God fearing and loved by anyone​ who comes close to him,like wise Obiajuru too.He was intelligent, handsome and God fearing.70% of want obiajuru want in a man can be seen in him.
We loved each other and always praying for our relationship to end in marriage.

Any student that doesn't know about Chiemerie and obiajuru is that one a student.They study at an extension of their main campus.Inside one remote village comprising of just three departments, computer science, maths and statistics,and school of aviation.So this small population made them popular in their campus.
Obiajuru wasn't disturbed too much by guys because Chiemerie gat her back covered. Some friends envied them while some prayed for them.They only believe in what they feel for each other not what people think about them.

In there final year they devoted their time more to their studies.Concentrated and prayed always for best results and best life after University.

After their time they parted ways but still talks on phone and social media.

There is nothing sweet like life in the University.Some resolution can be desolved as some people mess up their life all in the name of catching fun.Life as corper is not left out.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
When rumors about NYSC registration came out, notification was was given to students to come and the mobilisation exercise.As God may have it,their resgistration number fell among the people to be mobilised.Their joy knew no bounds but unfortunately they were posted to different states.Chiemerie was posted to jos while obiajuru was posted to Akwa-ibom.Before their departure Chiemerie was asked to redeploy based on religious crisis in the country.Obiajuru prayed his reasons should be accepted and granted.

before they finally left for their camp, Chiemerie made one request to his heart throb.
Sweet heart,Obim as obiajuru paid attention, trying to know this sweet names will finally lead to.
hope am still safe obiajuru murmured in her heart.

honey are you there as Chiemerie spoke out again.Am.listening attentively said obiajuru.
Can you visit me at home,my parents would like to meet you.What!!! your parents!!!!? based on what!!! why.what have you been feeding them about me.
calm down my queen, you are safe.just that I want us to climb the next step in our relationship.Lets know each other better.Obiajuru asked him,why involving their parents, if that is the best thing now. Can't we live it for asked obiajuru.

I think my suggestion this time around is final, said Chiemerie.Obiajuru answered immediately, hmmmm boss man,I hear you sir but I think you are pleading or begging me not commanding, your highness.
Ok,my love, looking straight into his eyes,I will think about it and give you response within 48 hours Sir.
48 hours!!!!? Is that not too long!!!? Obim.

I don't want us to rush things,let's take our time, dear.The way Obiajuru brings out her suggestions always melts Chiemerie heart.okkk, you win my love , I concur.Hope my proposal won't take years.

let's wait till then.I love you Sweetheart,I can see myself in you.

let's go home, I can't wait for 48 hours for my positive response, Chiemerie teased.

Obiajuru was curious,and naive.What response should I give, hope my response won't make me cheap.Is it good to confide in any body at this stage.
this and many questions keep running on her mind.

God help me ooo,I need you.

Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2017
Obiajuru arrived akwaibom​ NYSC Orientation camp early hours of 26th noon. Proceeded for security check & scrutinization at the entrance gate. Then went for online registration and verification of credentials. After which she proceeded for other registration exercises with her platoon (Platoon 5) and Bank Account creation/data capture.
Coincidentally her Platoon was Platoon 5 - with state code number ending with 05...which was also her Registration number during her undergraduate days.

After her registration, she proceeded for lunch at a Nice Restaurant in Mamie market. Took some palatable edibles and flushed with some drinks to aid digestion.
She returned to her platoon registration service point for her kits. Collected her kits then, located her hostel but it was already late....so she crested her kits and reported for dinner not minding the downpour.
She joined the queue waiting patiently at the National Restaurant, their welfare packages wear very nice, hygienic and well packaged​, though a little bit exorbitant. But all customers are properly attended to at their own own expense.

There was a very heavy down pour.We patiently waited for the rain before returning to our respective hostel at few minutes to 11:00.

Who knows how my love is coping over there,he might still be on transit.I heard North is far,but who knows how far is Jos.God please keep my love safe, don't let anything happen to him.Amen.
Obiajuru was battling with many thoughts in her mind not knowing, somebody was watching her and surprised at some of her behaviors.

Vera thought,she was insane or something, because obiajuru keeps hissing and sololiquising.
Everybody is hiding under The umbrella of Khaki.hmmmmmmm I must find out about this girl.Vera said to herself,then said her rosary and dosed off.
Obiajuru sorted and organized her packages, compiled her diary for day one and observed her quite time before going to bed at some minutes past twelve to wake early at the early morning trumpet sound.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
so sorry for my late update.I will drop some now thanks for following
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Chiemerie's journey was like going to an unknown land,he have heard about the northern part of the country but have not been there.the journey was far but the most annoying part of it was that the bus to take them to their​ camp moved late and was moving at snail speed.He regretted never working his posting to the east or avoiding northern states.He later got this courage,if the Lord do not build the city the watchman invain they watch.Watch over me Lord. I must go and come back unhurt,he prayed.There are fellow colleagues with him in the bus.

The governor of Plateau State ensured there wereLet buses to take them from the East to the north without fear.He promised them safety to reduce to fear among easterners concerning the northern part of the country.Others were gisting, chatting and all felt relaxed as the journey moves.Introduction was done and all was going to the same orientation camp situated at Mangu,in Mangu Local government area.They thanked the governor for his kindness by bringing them direct to the camp arena at affordable price.

let me call my heart and know what's up at her side.
Obiajuru picked at the second ring

Obiajuru: Hi, sweet heart,I miss you.

how is your journey,I know you are still on transit.
God will guide and protect you.

Chiemerie: Amen to your prayers.

my dear am still on transit.Thank God,am am in the midst of fellow Colleagues​,I pray for smooth journey.

What are you doing now asked Chiemerie,the whistle blowers woked me up,after this call I will check what they are up to.

Ok take good care of yourself, always pray and talk to God,advised obiajuru.

I love you more,take care and have a smooth journey.

Thank God am ok now,let me know what these people are up to.
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
pls u can read up the story here.
https://okadabooks.com/user/prodekul
Re: Dna Gone Bad by prodekul(f): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
pls u can read up the story here.
https://okadabooks.com/user/prodekul

(1) (Reply)

Poem Dedicated To The Aluu For Crisis In Port Harcourt / I Hate Miracles: A Short Story / THE DEVIL'S Advocate(by Prime Insane Universe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.