Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record (28094 Views)

Interview With The King (king Saheed Osupa) Season One / King Saheed Osupa (saridom P) Vs Otunba Wasiu Alabi ( Pasuma Wonder) / Pasuma And Saheed Osupa---who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2010
Hey guys

i heard that king saheed osupa 4 in 1 album titled Mr .Music is in process to be recognized by the Guiness World Record as a record to be broken,

plz how real is that
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by tosinaded(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2010
carry ur yeye king outta nairaland!!!!!!! stop spamming this site with one saheed osupa
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
guy shut up and face ur yeye arguement on all d thread. on music section
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by denzel2009: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
More like Gulder book of tapes.
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by javalove(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2010
bilms:

Hey guys

i heard that king saheed osupa 4 in 1 album titled Mr .Music is in process to be recognized by the Guiness World Record as a record to be broken,

plz how real is that

eehhenn?? soro fun mi kin bula!!!!

tosinaded@:

carry your yeye king outta nairaland!!!!!!! stop spamming this site with one saheed osupa

tosin respect urself. . .fuji is also a genre of music and he is free to talk about wateva he likes. . weda its true, rumour or false. . .i v told u to learn to ignore threads that u have no business in. . .u no dey hear word
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by tosinaded(m): 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2010
@java
can u like shut the F.ck up plsssssssssssss!!!

@bilms
u know am wondering wut kinda person ure!!!!
there's a general picture of the kinda the people that are fuji listeners, if u know wut i mean . hope urs is different anyways undecided
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by CHAIRMAN1(m): 5:19am On Jan 30, 2010
angry SETTING AND BREAKING HIS RECORD FOR THE MUSICIAN WITH THE DIRTIEST TEETH grin
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by newmusic: 11:38am On Jan 30, 2010
CAPITAL NO.

HE IS NOT WORTH IT!!! SO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

YOU CAN TALK OF SUNNY ADE OR AYEFELE OR AYUBA BUT NOT OSUPA.
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
tosinaded@:

@java
can u like shut the F.ck up plsssssssssssss!!!

@bilms
u know am wondering wut kinda person ure!!!!
there's a general picture of the kinda the people that are fuji listeners, if u know wut i mean . hope urs is different anyways undecided

hey guy, whats ur problem with me? or will i say with fuji?

i create a thread, and u bounced on me, do i force u to open the thread?

if u dont have meaniful thing to add to the thread, why cant u just shut d Bleep up,

or whats ur prob with my choice?
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by tosinaded(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2010
just wen i wanted to engage in a meaningful discussion and askd this question

there's a general picture of the kinda the people that are fuji listeners, if u know wut i mean . hope urs is different anyways
\

u decided to go a wire posting this

hey guy, whats your problem with me? or will i say with fuji?
i create a thread, and u bounced on me, do i force u to open the thread?
if u dont have meaniful thing to add to the thread, why cant u just shut d bleep up,
or whats your prob with my choice?

and wut came to my mind was! does this guy understand my intentions obviously NO

Guy chillout and calm ur nerves ok, tell me more about fuji is wat my question means indeirectly ok!!!!

and if u still dnt think u should ans, then suite urself aite
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by ofokaofoki: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2010
tosinaded@:

carry your yeye king outta nairaland!!!!!!! stop spamming this site with one saheed osupa
[size=38pt]

LMFAO grin
[/size]
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by mamagee3(f): 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
denzel2009:

grin grin grin grin
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by SeXyBoNE: 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2010
for producin the most excruciatin sound in yoruba music

i though those type of music are for touts and upcomin agberos

Rub-Ish, im never enter kain-kain note of record na Guiness im wan enter.
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by ofokaofoki: 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
SeXyBoNE:

i though those type of music are for touts and upcomin agberos

Rub-Ish, im never enter kain-kain note of record na Guiness im wan enter.
[size=38pt]LMFAO
[/size]
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
am sorry tosin if i miss understood u, one love

Back to ur question, what is fuji?

in simple meaning, i will say fuji music is an indigenous music,

The name, "Fuji," chosen for the new musical genre was conceived in a rather funny and unusual way. According to its founder and creator, Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister: "I came up with it when I saw a poster at an airport, advertising the Mount Fuji, which is the highest peak in Japan." Fuji, in this context, should not be mistaken for the Yoruba word "fuja," or "faaji," which means leisure or enjoyment. "Onifuja" or "Onifaaji" is Yoruba for a socialite, or one who relishes in leisure or enjoyment.

Fuji music is an offshoot of were/ajisari musical genre. In one of his early LPs, which he used to chide the unreasonable critics who dubbed his creation "a local music," Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister explained that "Fuji music is a combination of music consisting of sakara, apala, juju, aaro, Afro and gudugudu, possibly highlife." Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister did a tremendous job of popularizing his craft by taking it all over the world; he started touring the European continent, especially Britain, since the early 1970s. Also, he first brought his trade to the North America, particularly the United States of America in 1984. All these tours happened before any subsequent Fuji players ever left the shores of Africa.

Modernization

Since the early 1980s, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde Barrister (before he changed his name to Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde Marshall), has gradually emerged (with hits like Talazo 1984) after tutelage under Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, -- Marshall had served under Barrister in different roles such as his instrument packer and notably as his road manager. He served under Dr Sikiru Ayinde Barrister for 15 years. Marshall's style evolved through the early 1990s as he added youthful vigour to it. By the end of the 1990s, his brand of Fuji had become one of the most popular dance genres in the country. Another act, Adewale Ayuba, though more of a Juju musician, dabbled in Fuji style and also took the nation by storm in the early '90s. He managed to give off a vibe of class, though Fuji music was deemed for the lower class among Yorubas, as opposed to Juju music. His brand of Fuji, termed "Bonsue Fuji" was clean, and lively, appealed to young and old alike and was hard not to accept. Ayuba clearly did an excellent job of staying away from any feud with any other musician. He still performs today and has many followers. By and large, the lyrics are in the Yoruba language. Due to its popularity with young Nigerians, Fuji is now featured alongside Nigerian hip hop music,

Continued Growth

Popular modern Fuji musicians in Nigeria include (Sir) Shina Akanni, Adewale Ayuba, King Dr Saheed Osupa, Otunba Wasiu Alabi,(Ijaya 1) (Pasuma Wonder); Alhaji Abass Akande Obesere; Shefiu Alao (Omo Oko) Wasiu Ajani, Mr. Pure Water, Remi Aluko, Muri Thunder, Sule Alao, Sule Atawewe, Karubey Shimiu, Adeolu Akanni (Paso Egba), Shamu Nokia.

Today, fuji music has continued to attract younger generations; there are now over 10 fuji singing kids (such as Shanko Rasheed, Wasiu Container, Kokolo, Global T, and etc.,) that are doing extremely well in the industry. In this generation of singers, Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, known as KWAM1 or K1 De Ultimate, has been the most recognizable name in the genre since the mid - to late 1990s.

In the New millennium till date

to be continued

1 Like

Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by javalove(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
@tosin
i listen to fuji wella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i love Saheed Osupa very much. . .his lyrics are out of this world. . .please dont just start. . .

so those that listen to wasiu, pasuma, osupa, ayuba and co are thugs?

u be fool olohun aje ngbo grin grin

1 Like

Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by MeGaStReEt: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
birds of the same feather
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by MeGaStReEt: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

angry SETTING AND BREAKING HIS RECORD FOR THE MUSICIAN WITH THE DIRTIEST TEETH grin

GUY U WAN KILL ME WITH LAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by iz2much: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2010
na wha 4 ur fuji
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2010
say what u like

it doesnt change fuji and d fans.

how will u know what fuji is all about when u dont even know what is music
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bjmighty(m): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LAFF WAN KILL ME DIE!!!!!!
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
mr bilms i guess you were not in nigeria or were too young to be aware of when lagbaja released "I, WE, ME, AND ABAMI"?

because if you were you would not be claiming that saheed osupa is up for guiness record nomination!
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by lawrence83: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

grin grin grin

CHAIRMAN1:

Una no go kill person for here
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by lawrence83: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Saheed Osupa . . . . . . . .Guinness book of records

Then Guinness book of record don wor wor b dat.
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2010
lawrence83:

Saheed Osupa . . . . . . . .Guinness book of records

Then Guinness book of record don wor wor b dat.

e no go wor wor reach u sha,

4llerbuntu:

mr bilms i guess you were not in nigeria or were too young to be aware of when lagbaja released "I, WE, ME, AND ABAMI"?

because if you were you would not be claiming that saheed osupa is up for guiness record nomination!

i dont understand what u mean by this

Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by tayoTFC(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2011
yes,,,,it now in Guiness book of record as the first musician to release 4 in 1 album in the world, sentiment apart, for real
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by MeGaStReEt: 10:25am On Jan 28, 2011
comedy
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by bilms(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2011
u say
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 30, 2011
denzel2009:

grin grin grin
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by xreal: 9:28am On Jan 30, 2011
newmusic:

CAPITAL NO.

HE IS NOT WORTH IT!!! SO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

YOU CAN TALK OF SUNNY ADE OR AYEFELE OR AYUBA BUT NOT OSUPA.
are you?

BTW Juju, 'Highlife/Juju-gospel', 'Bonsue' and Fuji have their differences.
Sunny-ade can't win an award in Fuji music,  think my friend; THINK!

Arabambi.
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by dammiecool(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
tosinaded@:

. grin grin grin grin grin

ol boy oti kolo o grin if na say u see cane u 4 flog the poster o cheesy
Re: King Saheed Osupa In The Guiness Bookof Record by ariwoko: 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2011
The world is full of choices and the forum is opened for everybody to have a say,if you dont like a subject,go to the next or your interest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 / Wizkid Sells Out 2 extra O2 Arena shows In Minutes! (Now 3 Dates) / Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.