Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! (18764 Views)

My OnePlus 7 Pro Just Arrived! Got Questions?! (Inc Unboxing, Hands-On & Review) / It's Almost Here! The Infinix Note 5. Just 1 More Day To Go. / My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by EvilMetahuman: 1:27am On Jul 02, 2017
While we are at throwing puns

Imagine someone comparing a 1080p full hd display with a 4k ultra hd display
Or a core i7 7th generation with core i7 6th generation
Or 1tb ssd with 256 ssd
Or a less 1200-1500 dollars laptop with a 2000-2500usd laptop.
Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 1:36am On Jul 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
While we are at throwing puns

Imagine someone comparing a 1080p full hd display with a 4k ultra hd display

Or a core i7 7th generation with core i7 6th generation

Or
1tb ssd with 256 ssd

Or a less 1200-1500 dollars laptop with a 2000-2500usd laptop.

Nuff said.

1. I can add a 4K screen to mine, i chose not to
2. Even a 6th Gen i5 CPU is rated as 9/10 in performance. I'm having a laugh
3. I can add as much SSD as i want
4. Blackberry Porshe and Galaxy S5. Which is actually a better device? Which costs more?

Put an i7 7th Gen and an i7 6th Gen side by side with the exact same GPU. You won't see a difference.

But le me tell you this, FREE OF CHARGE Put an 8K display, 32GB of RAM, 2TB SSD and $5000 price tag with a GTX 1050

The GTX 1060 will still outperform it in Graphics intense tasks. GTX 1050 and GTX 1060 NO BE MATES. Simples!

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fibonacci2526: 2:08am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:
REVIEW (COMING SOON)

Before the review, here are some battery stats. (FIRST CYCLE)

Battery is usually relatively 'better than normal' during the first cycle. But this looks very promising. 17hrs unplugged, 6.5hrs+ screen time and 30% left

MOSTLY on 4G (Etisalat) and maybe 1 hr on WiFi. Also there was time spent on ShareIt and Xender so, that will show as WiFi usuage on the graph too.

Not bad, not bad.
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by EvilMetahuman: 2:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

1. I can add a 4K screen to mine, i chose not to
2. Even a 6th Gen i5 CPU is rated as 9/10 in performance. I'm having a laugh
3. I can add as much SSD as i want
4. Blackberry Porshe and Galaxy S5. Which is actually a better device? Which costs more?

Put an i7 7th Gen and an i7 6th Gen side by side with the exact same GPU. You won't see a difference.

But le me tell you this, FREE OF CHARGE Put an 8K display, 32GB of RAM, 2TB SSD and $5000 price tag with a GTX 1050

The GTX 1060 will still outperform it in Graphics intense tasks. GTX 1050 and GTX 1060 NO BE MATES. Simples!
1- There is big and very significant difference between 1050
and 1060
But the is slight difference between 1050 TI and 1060. Go and watch the benchmark videos again.
If you r talking about 1080 now, would have kept my mouth shut..

2- And you need better quality screen to even enjoy the awesome graphics card which your laptop doesn't have.

3- You can upgrade yoga 720 to anything you want.
That's why there are many variants of the laptop out there.

4- I was talking about the overall performance of the laptop which obviously kicks your laptop butt, but you thought I'm some kinda mtk fanboy even when you haven't given the laptop much thought or watch the reviews about the laptop.
Very disrespectful.

Lastly, Until you have those upgrades installed, your laptop is still shiit compared to yoga 720.

Simple as abc.

But its a beast laptop all the same.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by EvilMetahuman: 2:15am On Jul 02, 2017
Done talking about laptop though.

Does one plus 5 have any special feature like utc 11 with squeeze thingy?
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 02, 2017
I wrote a comment as a joke and some say I am beeping the @op, had to edit it.

Sorry @op

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by toluwanimi07(m): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2017
Lordaweezy:
my attention was on the MSI...that shii is beast like
me sef
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by DesChyko: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2017
The disparity in the Screen Shots
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by dotedote: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2017
Mr Stanley, I'm ready to purchase a phone online but don't know details about duration of delivery and other info. I'd like to do OUKITEL K10000 PRO. I seriously need a phone with crazy battery.

Please I need information about online purchase.
Thanks.
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Misterdhee1(m): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2017
SirAbdulthe1st:
Chaiiii!!!

Some people dey enjoy sha, this one from him hand sef you go know na ajebo

See as na chicken be his spice!

In Seyi law's voice, God, just destory this world make everybody start afresh!
Oga, se dem u say u sef no fit live a better life than that ni?? Double your hustle, albeit legally and continue to pray ceaselessly. Earth never ready to erupt sha grin. Not in 200 years!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Souljaboi1: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

Intel Core i7-6700 @2.80 GHz (Turbo to 3.5 GHz)
16GB DDR4 RAM @2133MHz
Nvidia GTX 1060 (Next Gen Virtual Reality Ready)
*256GB PCI-e Gen 3x4 SSD
1TB 7200rpm SHDD
*15.6 inch 180p FULL HD display (High-Gamut display)
HDMI port
Display Port
USB Type-C Port (10Gbps speed)
USB 3.0 Superspeed Ports
Killer Ethernet LAN
Card Reader
3 levels backlit keyboard
Bluetooth

*Added myself

I don't play with my toys. Lol. Pun intended.

(SHOT BY THE ONEPLUS 3)

What's the battery cycle like ? Available for sale ?
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2017
SirAbdulthe1st:
Chaiiii!!!

Some people dey enjoy sha, this one from him hand sef you go know na ajebo

See as na chicken be his spice!

In Seyi law's voice, God, just destroy this world make everybody start afresh!

I like the way Nigerians assume if you are light skinned, you must have money. It's very very true. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Buhari is only your President, he is not mine too. As if say nor be all of us dey inside the sufferhead.

fibonacci2526:

Not bad, not bad.

Yeah. Topped out at 8hrs and 15 mins or so. With Over 24hrs standby. Was on a long international call for about 1 hr or so. That took about 5% i think. Will update the screenshots

DesChyko:
The disparity in the Screen Shots

How so?

EvilMetahuman:
Done talking about laptop though.

Does one plus 5 have any special feature like utc 11 with squeeze thingy?

I stopped paying attention to what HTC and Sony are doing. They just seem irrelevant. But no, the OnePlus 5 is just focused on being a phone. And it does that all too well.

dotedote:
Mr Stanley, I'm ready to purchase a phone online but don't know details about duration of delivery and other info. I'd like to do OUKITEL K10000 PRO. I seriously need a phone with crazy battery.

Please I need information about online purchase.
Thanks.

Sorry, don't know about this device so i can't advice you on it. How about one of them Gionee marathon battery phones? I hear they are decent. Maybe check that out. Or just get the new 3310. tongue

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Souljaboi1:

What's the battery cycle like ? Available for sale ?

If you are looking for a Powerful Rig with good battery, get the Dell 7567. That was my choice initially. But that only has the 1050Ti. 1060 was more like it... For me. Last Last, na your pocket go talk.

GTX 1080 is in another world, but my bank account is in this world. Sadly sad sad

2 Likes

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by sakalisis(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

If you are looking for a Powerful Rig with good battery, get the Dell 7567. That was my choice initially. But that only has the 1050Ti. 1060 was more like it... For me. Last Last, na your pocket go talk.

GTX 1080 is in another world, but my bank account is in this world. Sadly sad sad

Hey bro, which site did u get it from?
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fibonacci2526: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Nigerians and our mentality Sha. Person go buy phone worth 150-250k, some people go dey beef and run their my mouths anyhow.

Because you can't afford it doesn't mean you can talk down people who can, why not appreciate it and pray you can reach that level some day.

Literally sick of people dissing some people for buying expensive gadgets on here.

Grow up!!!

We await more reviews sir, will be keen to know about gaming performance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by noobody(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2017
But stanley whyy

You used to be a samsung lover,i remb back in those days,you had every samsung flagship phone at first week of launch,na u deu first unbox them for nigeria, grin

Or dont tell me you still have the s8+ too... shocked
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by noobody(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2017
fibonacci2526:
Nigerians and our mentality Sha. Person go buy phone worth 150-250k, some people go dey beef and run their my mouths anyhow.

Because you can't afford it doesn't mean you can talk down people who can, why not appreciate it and pray you can reach that level some day.

Literally sick of people dissing some people for buying expensive gadgets on here.

Grow up!!!

Clyde,oya lets go home,lets go and be waiting for our xiaomi mi 6,mk we nko battle stanley, grin, cos na only our mi 6 be the major competition ehn one plus 5 fit battle right now,d rest na crap grin
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by austino677(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2017
I see no upgrade from oneplus 3t to oneplus 5......shitty device great battery though angry... Still waiting for my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE FE grin
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Souljaboi1: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

Thanks for the advice.

Any idea on the cost price ?
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by augster(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2017
-
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Grow up!!!

Lol. I always say, na only where ur brain carry you reach you fit dey. Na there e carry them reach, no blame them. Review coming soon.

noobody:
But stanley whyy

You used to be a samsung lover,i remb back in those days,you had every samsung flagship phone at first week of launch,na u deu first unbox them for nigeria, grin

Or dont tell me you still have the s8+ too... shocked

Lol. Samsung messed up big time. Still messing up. Even S8 users complaining that their phone is slowing down. My One yr old OP 3 is still lightening quick!

Souljaboi1:

Thanks for the advice.

Any idea on the cost price ?

Just add number 3 at the end of my moniker and shoot me a mail. It's Gmail. I can facilitate the purchase.

I put my number in my signature before but people started calling asking about the phone. That's the point of this thread, ask here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2017
austino677:
I see no upgrade from oneplus 3t to oneplus 5......shitty device great battery though angry... Still waiting for my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE FE grin

You went on an Indian WhatsApp Group and called me a bas-tard.

What brought about all that? What did I do to you? You thought I won't find out? I have people everywhere. I probably have more Indian friends than Nigerian.

Guy abeg, just respect yourself.

3 Likes

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by hancock(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2017
How did you go about purchasing this phone with the bank limit and dollar wahala?
Did you get it shipped directly to Nigeria?
Will appreciate your response
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by austino677(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

What brought about all that? What did I do to you? You thought I won't find out? I have people everywhere. I probably have more Indian friends than Nigerian.

and you u think chutiya ankit is your friend... Ure wasting ya time.. Go back and tell him o bu Onye ara

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by GrandMufti: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

Busted!!! Behnchood!!! grin grin grin
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Lordaweezy: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Stanley08:

Intel Core i7-6700 @2.80 GHz (Turbo to 3.5 GHz)
16GB DDR4 RAM @2133MHz
Nvidia GTX 1060 (Next Gen Virtual Reality Ready)
*256GB PCI-e Gen 3x4 SSD
1TB 7200rpm SHDD
*15.6 inch 180p FULL HD display (High-Gamut display)
HDMI port
Display Port
USB Type-C Port (10Gbps speed)
USB 3.0 Superspeed Ports
Killer Ethernet LAN
Card Reader
3 levels backlit keyboard
Bluetooth

*Added myself

I don't play with my toys. Lol. Pun intended.

(SHOT BY THE ONEPLUS 3)
Damn,this is the real beast you should review lol...

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by earthrealm(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Gptech:

E dey come ooo, hope e nr go regret cancelling that order cheesy.

nope, dont regret cancelling the order, the way the shop [nagiclytlotus] handled the error was totally wrong, and again i saw the device cheaper on eternal store 549 usd vs 587 usd the nagylotus shop rammped theirs to.
next wk will place my order again..in the cheapest store i find...after i decide btw oneplus 5 64gb and oneplus 3t 128gb

@stanley08, u bought on aliexpress, or the oneplus website...
if aliexpress wch store did ou buy from?.

2ndly since you have both devices, op 3t 128gb and op 5 64gb ------- which do u recommend...getting confusing reviews as some peeps say no big diff btw op5 and op 3t
Re: My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Baroba(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2017
Posting with the original one plus from 2014 grin, this your phone na serious machine, android on steroids..

I heard the One plus 5 hasn't got OIS only an electronic one, how does it perform..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Telegram Is Way Better Than Whatsapp / My Experience As One Of The Grand Winners Of #350,000 Gift Items From Infinix / Services And Applications Google Has Shutdown In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.